PDA

View Full Version : DBF's Multiple braids (Pic Heavy)

thankyousir74
July 8th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Well today I decided that I would comb, detangle, oil and braid my DBF's hair. I'm constantly in awe of it's luxurious beauty. he has an LHC account but is nowhere near as enthusiastic as I am hehe. And here are the pics! I had a hard time picking so I'm going to put them all.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h203/x_ninjasvspirates_x/P1040044.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h203/x_ninjasvspirates_x/P1040045.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h203/x_ninjasvspirates_x/P1040046.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h203/x_ninjasvspirates_x/P1040047.jpg

Thanks for stopping by :bounce:

Fractalsofhair
July 8th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Oh wow, he has thick hair! Looks nice and shiny!

Jason
July 8th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Wow! I'm blown away by how thick his hair is. The braids look great. Did you happen to take a photo of the resulting braidwaves?:)

Dementia1013
July 8th, 2009, 03:56 PM
:agape: Oh my goodness! That's thick.

lyria
July 8th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Wow! What thick shiny hair! It looks so healthy. Nice braiding job :)

Yttrai
July 8th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Are you secretly dating my SO?? ;)

His is actually about 4" shorter than yours. But we have worked our way up to 6 french braids, with a big pony poof at the nape of his neck. The french braids allow his scalp to breathe, he can sleep in them, and his work is very pro-creative hair.

Your SO's looks incredible. Excellent work :)

free_hug
July 8th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Dear, this man has about 6 times as much hair as i do:agape:

manderly
July 8th, 2009, 04:06 PM
:bigeyes:

Geez!! He's got like 5-6 times more hair than me! One of his braids is about what all of my hair braided looks like. :jealous:

thankyousir74
July 8th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Wow! I'm blown away by how thick his hair is. The braids look great. Did you happen to take a photo of the resulting braidwaves?:)

No, I wish, but we just did this like literally 45 minutes ago. I hope he sleeps with them preventing tangles (it was BAD) but chances are that he'll get tired of them and take them off before hand.

ETA: Also his hair is normally super curly so I'd be surprised of braid waves make a large difference or not in the texture.

thankyousir74
July 8th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Are you secretly dating my SO?? ;)

His is actually about 4" shorter than yours. But we have worked our way up to 6 french braids, with a big pony poof at the nape of his neck. The french braids allow his scalp to breathe, he can sleep in them, and his work is very pro-creative hair.

Your SO's looks incredible. Excellent work :)

I've honestly tried several times to do a french braid on his hair but more often than not my fingers get a bit confused because of the sheer amount of hair. Maybe next time I'll attempt multiple french braids too :D

masterofmidgets
July 8th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Wow, that's some gorgeous hair. It looks so thick and shiny!

Wicked Princess
July 8th, 2009, 05:30 PM
:shocked:

...That is gorgeous, thick hair! You two are quite attractive-haired couple, hehe!

*suffers from minor bouts of hair envy*

thankyousir74
July 8th, 2009, 05:36 PM
:shocked:

...That is gorgeous, thick hair! You two are quite attractive-haired couple, hehe!

*suffers from minor bouts of hair envy*

I get a bit of hair envy around him too :/ He knows how much I care about growing out my hair and he knows how much time I spend S&Ding and planning out my washes for the week, braiding, brushing and oiling my hair and yet his hair is in better state naturally.

:grumble: He's the biggest dork about his hair, and said it himself that he barely takes care of it. The only reason he hasn't cut it yet is because of my insistent begging >_<

Some people are just greatly hair-blessed, you know?

Peter
July 8th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Wow, amazingly thick hair... what's his ponytail circumfrence?

GlassEyes
July 8th, 2009, 07:45 PM
O_O Pretty hair.

Kind of reminds me of Peter's, actually.

Peter
July 8th, 2009, 07:59 PM
O_O Pretty hair.

Kind of reminds me of Peter's, actually.
Haha thanks! I can make 3 braids that thick, definitely not 6 :bigeyes:

adiapalic
July 8th, 2009, 08:15 PM
shiny, shiny, SHINY! and I can make only 2 braids as thick as those. Is his hair naturally that dark? Looks gorgeous. :D

Nyghtingale
July 8th, 2009, 08:41 PM
That is so thick and shiney!

ilovelonghair
July 8th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Nice braids! He's got a lot of hair! Is that why he has cut off his nape hair? He should grow it back.

mugglemomof3
July 8th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Dayum that's some nice hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (nice braids too)

Flynn
July 8th, 2009, 09:57 PM
THICK! SHINY! Eep!

pdy2kn6
July 9th, 2009, 01:21 AM
wow his hair is so thick and shiny? what ethnicity is he? He has the shinyness of black asian hair and the thickness of hawaiin! great pics

Cinnamon Hair
July 9th, 2009, 01:31 AM
How does he have 5 braids and they're all so thick?! Impressive! The nape cut he has going on, I'm not so hot for...but I suppose he doesn't usually wear updos so no one sees that anyway.

FallenAngel
July 9th, 2009, 03:29 AM
*green with envy*

That was some hair!

LutraLutra
July 9th, 2009, 03:48 AM
That's a lot of hair. And it's sooo shiny and black. It looks great :thumbsup:

hennaphile
July 9th, 2009, 03:54 AM
You're a lucky lady :D

If he ever gets tired of those gorgeous braids, I could find a good home for them ;)

Rentlle
July 9th, 2009, 05:08 AM
wow..
beautiful tick shiny hair!
Love the color too!

Poppy Seed
July 9th, 2009, 06:18 AM
The thickness is fantastic! Is that his natural colour? I'd "dye" to be that colour naturally!!!

Newniepg
July 9th, 2009, 06:39 AM
That is indeed VERY beautiful!

Wicked Princess
July 9th, 2009, 06:48 AM
I get a bit of hair envy around him too :/ He knows how much I care about growing out my hair and he knows how much time I spend S&Ding and planning out my washes for the week, braiding, brushing and oiling my hair and yet his hair is in better state naturally.

:grumble: He's the biggest dork about his hair, and said it himself that he barely takes care of it. The only reason he hasn't cut it yet is because of my insistent begging >_<

Oh my goodness...my fiance's hair is like that too! He doesn't even use conditioner and yet...the texture of his hair is more silky than mine, and is completely free of split ends! Why does he have to get all the luck with hair?!

Charlotte
July 9th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Oh my goodness! :thud: Your boyfriend has as much hair in ONE of his plaits as I have on my entire head - no kidding!!! Oh dear.... :o

Fencai
July 9th, 2009, 07:40 AM
That's certainly some gorgeous hair!

paper
July 9th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Wow amazing braids! Your DBF has gorgeous hair! I love the color.

MandaMom2Three
July 9th, 2009, 11:21 AM
*cries* just ONE of those braids is probably TWICE the thickness of ALL my hair :( ! Very nice !

Norai
July 9th, 2009, 11:35 AM
:bigeyes:

Geez!! He's got like 5-6 times more hair than me! One of his braids is about what all of my hair braided looks like. :jealous:

exactly what I was about to say lol.

Robinlyn
July 9th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Beautiful thick hair...love the shine!!

ZadenWillowfyre
July 9th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Oh my I love the lovely shiney blackness!

SHELIAANN1969
July 9th, 2009, 02:06 PM
oh wow, I am blinded by the shine! :thud: Holy Mackeral! Bbbbb-uuuuuu-teeeeee-full!!!

I am in awe, holy cow!

~GypsyCurls~
July 9th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Ooooh shiny...lol. Your DBF has gorgeous hair! Must be fun to paly with :)

JamieLeigh
July 10th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Awesome!!! :rockerdud :cheese:

caribou55313
July 10th, 2009, 06:19 PM
That is one gorgeous head of hair!

I suppose he has pretty eyelashes too! :p:D

jezebel17
July 12th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Wow you could cut off one of his braids and that would equal to all the hairs on my head lol.

zen_oven
July 12th, 2009, 10:52 PM
WOW! His hair is such a deep black and so shiny!

Amara
July 12th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Wow that's terribly impressive!!

ritza
July 13th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Very Nice & Thick!:eyebrows:

concrescence
July 13th, 2009, 01:03 AM

Are you sure you're not me? ;) Your BF's hair even looks almost exactly like mine. Same color, thickness, and curliness. I, too, am envious. Mine basically grew his long because he has sort of a fro when it's short. It's easier to keep contained and out of his way when it's long. He's the embodiment of benign neglect.

Aditi
July 13th, 2009, 01:05 AM
That's some thickness he has there :bigeyes:, loved his multiple braids.

Yttrai
July 13th, 2009, 12:08 PM
I've honestly tried several times to do a french braid on his hair but more often than not my fingers get a bit confused because of the sheer amount of hair. Maybe next time I'll attempt multiple french braids too :D

Ah, it took me a few tries to get the system worked out. We started with 2 french braids when his hair was shorter, worked up the 4, and recently 6. The more braids, the easier it is for him to leave it in for a few days at a time and sleep in them and wear them to work without touchups.

Anyway, we use the number of braids plus 1 invisible PTFE hair ties. So 6 braids needs 7 hair ties.

First i make the center part, and hair tie off half (usually the right). The side i'm doing first (left), i divide into front half and back half, and back half gets a hair tie. Front half gets divided into 3, and the 2 sections i'm not doing each get their own hair tie. So now he has 4 pony poofs - right half, left back quarter, and front thirds, two of three. The front third that isn't tied off i start to braid. When i get to where the back poof is, i unpoof it, pull out a third, repoof the other 2/3, and make the first braid.

Then i do the first braid on the right side of his head, leaving the left with 1 braid and 3 poofs.

I just repoof and move the ties around as i do each braid. The first braid takes forever, but by the time i get to the last 2 they are very quick. It takes me 20 minutes to do 4 braids, and around 30 to do all 6.

Hope that helps. I have a photo of him half braided which he'd kill me if i posted ;)

Chrissy
July 13th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Would he be willing to do a back of the head shot without the braids? I'd love to see it in it's natural state.

thankyousir74
July 14th, 2009, 06:36 PM
shiny, shiny, SHINY! and I can make only 2 braids as thick as those. Is his hair naturally that dark? Looks gorgeous. :D

Yep, that is his natural (and wonderful color)

Nice braids! He's got a lot of hair! Is that why he has cut off his nape hair? He should grow it back.

It's funny that you noticed his nape hair, his mother cut it the day before. I'm not exactly sure why, but they DID get a bit annoying when I would french braided his hair once before. Perhaps they were overly damaged?

wow his hair is so thick and shiny? what ethnicity is he? He has the shinyness of black asian hair and the thickness of hawaiin! great pics

He is Hispanic, as am I, but he has more indigenous blood than I do, therefore, thicker, darker and shinier hair :slight envy:

How does he have 5 braids and they're all so thick?! Impressive! The nape cut he has going on, I'm not so hot for...but I suppose he doesn't usually wear updos so no one sees that anyway.

:giggles: I didn't think the nape cut would be so noticeable, his mother just got a bit scissor happy and he had no reason to argue against it. I just know it's going to look cute when he grows it out :3

Ooooh shiny...lol. Your DBF has gorgeous hair! Must be fun to paly with :)

Indeed it is :D

That is one gorgeous head of hair!

I suppose he has pretty eyelashes too! :p:D

HE REALLY DOES!! I wish I had the pretty long thick lashes he does! I know it's a known fact that men have thicker head hair and eyelashes (probably a result of whatever hormone is used for their body hair growth as well, but I'm no science expert.... yet!)

Ah, it took me a few tries to get the system worked out. We started with 2 french braids when his hair was shorter, worked up the 4, and recently 6. The more braids, the easier it is for him to leave it in for a few days at a time and sleep in them and wear them to work without touchups.

Anyway, we use the number of braids plus 1 invisible PTFE hair ties. So 6 braids needs 7 hair ties.

First i make the center part, and hair tie off half (usually the right). The side i'm doing first (left), i divide into front half and back half, and back half gets a hair tie. Front half gets divided into 3, and the 2 sections i'm not doing each get their own hair tie. So now he has 4 pony poofs - right half, left back quarter, and front thirds, two of three. The front third that isn't tied off i start to braid. When i get to where the back poof is, i unpoof it, pull out a third, repoof the other 2/3, and make the first braid.

Then i do the first braid on the right side of his head, leaving the left with 1 braid and 3 poofs.

I just repoof and move the ties around as i do each braid. The first braid takes forever, but by the time i get to the last 2 they are very quick. It takes me 20 minutes to do 4 braids, and around 30 to do all 6.

Hope that helps. I have a photo of him half braided which he'd kill me if i posted ;)

I'm so glad to have these instructions on my thread, that way I can do it when he's around! :D

ETA:

Would he be willing to do a back of the head shot without the braids? I'd love to see it in it's natural state.

An updated shot will be coming soon, as he does have a current length shot as his profile picture. He is indeed a member, just is not active whatsoever :rolleyes: That picture is over a year old and he has had substantial growth since then.

His user name is vampstero

not sure if this link will work, but here is his profile page (untouched since august 2008 -.-) http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=15715

Yttrai
July 14th, 2009, 07:24 PM
He is Hispanic, as am I, but he has more indigenous blood than I do, therefore, thicker, darker and shinier hair :slight envy:

And that absolutely explains why his hair looks so much like my own SO's :D

For the record, learning to braid extra thick extra curly Puerto Rican hair after a lifetime with exposure only to stick straight extra thin Finnlander hair? Yeah, bit of a rough learning curve. My fingers ache with the memory!

If you get the french braids in, pictures would be nice :)

cobblersmaid
July 14th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Wow, that is so pretty and thick!

Tressie
July 14th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Amazing! As has been said.............thick, thick, and shiny, shiny!! Thanks for sharing!!

melrose1985
July 14th, 2009, 08:08 PM
the shine on your hair is FANTASTIC!!!!

fae
July 14th, 2009, 08:36 PM
His color...just wow...so dark.

I'm envious. I have to use chemicals to get that gorgeous color.