PDA

View Full Version : Woaw, I nearly dyed my hair !

Bianca
July 8th, 2009, 10:31 AM
So, I was at the supermarket with my mother. We were looking at haircolors. Way back when I tortured my hair, I used to color it this golden blonde, very pretty color. My mom keep telling me how great it looked on me. So I actually caved in and bought it. Returned it. And later bought it again. NOW, after days of thinking it over, i'm going to return it AGAIN... I just cant do it.

Going for waist lenght virgin hair. Wish me luck :D

goodenough
July 8th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Haha--good luck--and I've done this before, except I ended up selling it on ebay because I was too embarrassed to return it again. Made a profit:)

JKRBeloved
July 8th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Good for you! Your hair is a very pretty, natural color right now.

Fractalsofhair
July 8th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Good luck! Your hair isn't terribly dark in the photos, it looks sorta like my hair in terms of being gray toned.(I have hair a little lighter, but it's still a grayish blonde. I've heard it called cendre here!) If you feel you look better with golden hair, there are semi perm dyes and such that do fade, if you want to just play around for a few weeks and decide. Since your hair is light naturally, a semi perm would be enough and would fade, without roots.

rach
July 8th, 2009, 10:43 AM
well done :D

Bianca
July 8th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Good luck! Your hair isn't terribly dark in the photos, it looks sorta like my hair in terms of being gray toned.(I have hair a little lighter, but it's still a grayish blonde. I've heard it called cendre here!) If you feel you look better with golden hair, there are semi perm dyes and such that do fade, if you want to just play around for a few weeks and decide. Since your hair is light naturally, a semi perm would be enough and would fade, without roots.

I dont even think I dare using the semi-perm dyes... :p I'v used one before where it said it would wash out, but it never fully did...

Bianca
July 8th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Haha--good luck--and I've done this before, except I ended up selling it on ebay because I was too embarrassed to return it again. Made a profit:)

I hope I can get my BF to return it for me :p

feralnature
July 8th, 2009, 01:03 PM
You did good. I went through a phase of wanting to bleach my hair blonde again like I had it in the past but I got over the urge to do so. I am glad now I did not go through with it as I, too, am trying to grow out long, virgin hair.

Yttrai
July 8th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Nicely played.

I have 4 bottles of Manic Panic diluted in conditioner, so i can play with colour for a few days whenever i'm bored. One purple, one Vampire Red (it's actually really pink once you dilute it) and 2 combos of Red mixed with Cobra, one very natural auburn looking. It has warded off temptation to use storebought dye for 3 years now :)

redneckprincess
July 8th, 2009, 03:34 PM
CONGRATS Im sure the color is beautiful but in the long run you'll probally be mad you did it...

Roseate
July 8th, 2009, 04:52 PM
If you feel like wandering into the world of natural dyes, I do like the golden tone cassia gives my hair, and no frying involved. I actually have some on my head right now! It won't lighten your hair, but it does warm it up a bit.

thankyousir74
July 8th, 2009, 05:10 PM
This reminds me of a time when one of my best friends bought me neon green hair dye for my birthday because she always knew that I wanted to dye it. I never got the stones to do it (as my parents also would've disapproved) so I just used it to dye a white sweater, amazingly it has stayed :bounce: :bunny:

funnybunny668
July 8th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Good choice! I spent years waffling back & forth, growing it out a few inches & then re-coloring it beacuse I didn't like the 2-tone look. I think you'll be glad you didn't do it.

Bianca
July 8th, 2009, 05:20 PM
If you feel like wandering into the world of natural dyes, I do like the golden tone cassia gives my hair, and no frying involved. I actually have some on my head right now! It won't lighten your hair, but it does warm it up a bit.

I actually have cassia somewhere. I hennaed a coulpe times with a henna/cassia mix some time back. Never tried it alone though... :)