PDA

View Full Version : 2" Trim

paper
July 8th, 2009, 06:09 AM
I went 8 months without trimming. I was trying for 1 year! I hated my ends, they were thin and scraggly looking. I had DH trim off 2". I am so happy I did, my ends are much thicker now. Here is a before and after picture. You really can't tell I lost any length, it just looks like thicker ends. :)

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd17/paper1962/beforeandafter.jpg

maaria
July 8th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Well, I think it look nice :D lovely hair by the way.

Calista
July 8th, 2009, 06:20 AM
paper, that is looking really good! :thumbsup: And you´ve got some beautiful shine, too.

Monsterkitti
July 8th, 2009, 06:34 AM
It does look much fuller at the ends, glad your happy with it, its looking lovely :)

free_hug
July 8th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Well done!:thumbsup: You're right, it'd be hard to tell the difference in length

edensapples
July 8th, 2009, 06:55 AM
That looks much better my friend! Good job :)

Heidi_234
July 8th, 2009, 07:07 AM
That's so weird! I just did 2" trim too and barely lost any visible length too! How is that possible? It's 4 months growth worth. :confused: I measured my hair before (36"), I measure after (34"), I measured the cut off hairs (2"), but I swear it doesn't look a bit shorter!
I'm really happy with my trim as well, and I'm glad that so do you. :flower:

amaiaisabella
July 8th, 2009, 07:51 AM
It's looking great, paper! :)

Calista
July 8th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Heidi, that may be because one tends to see the "true" hair length where the bulk of hair sits (at least *I* do it this way). For instance, if someone has extreme taper or an extreme V-shape and the very tips reach tailbone but the bulk of hair is only at waist, then that personīs hair would seem like waist-length to me. So if your ends are thin I might see your hair as shorter than it is anyway, so when you cut off the ends it wouldnīt seem like a change in length at all.

Does that make sense? :confused:

ButterCup02
July 8th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Your right it really doesn't appear that much shorter. Your ends look great, and your hair looks very nice!

JamieLeigh
July 8th, 2009, 08:31 AM
I can't tell there was any length lost either...it looks wonderful! That's a very nice job. :flower:

Niphredil
July 8th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Looks like a very successful trim! Not visibly shorter but a much better feeling about how it looks. And not to mention fresh ends, for another 8months or more without trimming :)

thankyousir74
July 8th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Paper, I agree, it looks great! We are pretty much growing buddies cos I'm around the same length as you, yay! :bounce:

paper
July 8th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Thanks everyone! :D

Heidi_234, Thats me exactly! I was at 23" now I'm at 21" but you can hardly tell the difference. Weird!

Calista, Yes, that does make sense!

thankyousir74, Yay! I like having a growing buddy! :cheese:

Heidi_234
July 8th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Heidi, that may be because one tends to see the "true" hair length where the bulk of hair sits (at least *I* do it this way). For instance, if someone has extreme taper or an extreme V-shape and the very tips reach tailbone but the bulk of hair is only at waist, then that personīs hair would seem like waist-length to me. So if your ends are thin I might see your hair as shorter than it is anyway, so when you cut off the ends it wouldnīt seem like a change in length at all.

Does that make sense? :confused:
Makes perfect sense to me. And I think that's what happened in my case, I trimmed off 2" of my rather thin long nape layer back to the bulk of my hair. But the pictures of the OP don't show thin ends or anything. Maybe the right picture is scaled differently, slightly larger?

Garnet66
July 8th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I'm so glad that you had such a successful trim. Your hair looks great as usual. I think it's amazing that it looks like you didn't lose any length.

HeatherMae
July 8th, 2009, 09:11 AM
You are right, you can't tell a difference other than that your ends look thicker. :) Good choice!

Rohele
July 8th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Your hair looks great (and you're right - it looks about the same length as before cutting). Your husband did a really good job with the trim. :)

kdaniels8811
July 8th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Your hair looks lovely!

GoddesJourney
July 8th, 2009, 09:53 AM
That was a good trim. You cut the right amount. You ends look nice now but, you're right, it doesn't look like you actually lost length.

patience
July 8th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Very nice :thumbsup: It looks really healthy and hardly any length gone.

Amara
July 8th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Looking good!!!

LutraLutra
July 8th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Nice job. The ends look soooo much thicker and your hair looks around the same lenght, that's a win win. :cheer:

mugglemomof3
July 8th, 2009, 12:02 PM
I agree - it looks wonderful and think it was well worth it! :heartbeat

rags
July 8th, 2009, 12:13 PM
It looks wonderful, and you know I certainly can't tell the loss of length! DH did a very good job!

redneckprincess
July 8th, 2009, 03:42 PM
yes it really does, I almost couldnt tell which one was before and which one was after..

Deborah
July 8th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Great job! And you are right; when your ends are thin or jagged or V-shaped, the overall length of one's hair appears shorter than the longest lengths. Our eyes tell us where someone's hair ends, and it is not always at the very lowest point. Weird, isn't it?

HisForever
July 8th, 2009, 10:12 PM
It looks very pretty, and the length is still there

Koala Kim
July 8th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Beautiful paper! :crush:
You are absolutely right; you can't even tell a trim was done. Great job! :)

paper
July 9th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Thanks everyone for your sweet comments! :D

rags, You kept telling me you couldn't tell I trimmed. After seeing my pictures side by side, I believe you! ;)

Deborah, Yeah that is weird, and it makes sense! I'm glad I got rid of my thin ends, my hair feels and looks so much better now.

Kiraela
July 9th, 2009, 10:22 AM
It doesn't look much shorter, only healthier with better ends! I love your shine, btw.