PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated hair quandry...

AutumnLeaves
July 8th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Yes, I am venturing outside of my beloved journals for a few to post about my hair issues. Yes, 3 years later and I still have them...

I've tried many things listed here over the three years and honestly? I think I just have bad hair. I am largely resigned to pure frizz as it grows longer and longer. I seem to have a receding hairline and I lose an awful lot of hair in the shampooing, conditioning, picking out, running my fingers through my hair, brushing, whatever process.

I am not really in danger of cutting it as it is just more of the same when it is short.

I guess I'm not looking for advice because it is what it is. Have you ever seen someone with just bad hair? I am one of 'em. And yes, the avatar photo is nice, but that was after an hour with a large barrel curling iron and a lucky day of hair. It isn't usual or normal at all.

End of frustrated post. :o

Rapunzal2Be
July 8th, 2009, 05:01 AM
To me, your hair looks great even if it didn't have the curl at the end. I think you are probably being your worst critic, and it really is a lot better than you think. :)

embee
July 8th, 2009, 05:27 AM
How can your hair type be *bad*??? Try mine! ;) If my hair is short, it is, as you say, just more of the same - mine is flat, thin, straight, stringy, fine.

Long it is great. I can make an updo and nobody notices my thin fine straight stringy thin flat hair. :) Mostly they don't notice the updo either, but that seems to be standard even for people with "big hair".

It's like having big feet. You have what you have, and you have to deal with it best you can.

I love having long hair. At night I take it down and it falls into my lap while I'm online; I comb it gently and it feels soft and good.... It's not going to change.

AutumnLeaves
July 8th, 2009, 06:02 AM
Good point; you DO have to deal with it the best that you can! It is what I do...I guess I'm just moaning about it today as it gets tiresome.

Charlotte
July 8th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Well, I think you have lovely hair - it's quite thick and has loads of body too. :) My hair is getting thinner and thinner the older I get (half as thick as it used to be) so much so, that is is like a veil that you can almost see through. It also knots very easily and is extremely delicate (thanks to previous highlights). BUT, if I cut it, it'll still be fine and thin AND short (ha ha) so I shall hang on to it come what may. :D

Xandergrammy
July 8th, 2009, 06:39 AM
My dear sweet Autumn Leaves- your hair is not bad hair. Your hair is beautiful and I would give one of my back molars for your curls. I actually prefer your natural hair over the barrel curled hair. I wish you could see your hair through my eyes. :flowers:

darkwaves
July 8th, 2009, 06:46 AM
I think you have adorable curls -- I've been missing them on that straightened-hair avatar of yours! Maybe you just need to embrace the frizz? (Which I have to... daily...)