PDA

View Full Version : Question for Herbal Washers!

Leisa
April 11th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Would you describe the overall condition and quality of your hair using herbs and oils, versus conventional products?

My hair on herbs/oils has a lot of body and shine, looks thicker and is curlier.:) (ii hair looks iii)

My hair on (silicone free) shampoo and conditioner is limp, flat, and coated, not very shiny and looks thin and scraggly with few curls.:confused: (ii hair looks i)

(sorry no picture my upload failed)

icydove
April 11th, 2008, 09:48 AM
On conventional products (a shampoo/conditioner routine), my hair is frizzy, dry, crunchy and dull. On herbs and oils, my hair is soft, smooth, shiny and slippy.

BrianaFineHair
April 11th, 2008, 10:06 AM
herbs (rosemary), oils (coconut), vinegar rinses, non SLS shampoos, and non silicone shampoos/conditioner = Happy, full, and shiney hair :)

I simply will not go back to conventional products. I have seen that much of a difference. It's not easy to find shampoos and conditioners without cones and SLS. My next adventure are poo bars. (When I'm done with my current Burt's shampoo/conditioner.)

Leisa
April 11th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Briana - perhaps I should have clarified. I meant using herbs for washing, versus using soaps/detergents etc.

I'm happy for you that you've found something that works.:)
Have you tried using herbs only for washing/cleansing the hair, without the use of any shampoos, conditioners or soaps?

ChloeDharma
April 11th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I have done a bit of mix and matching for a good while now. But i do find that my hair looks much fuller after using just herbs than it did on other methods....but with a nice shine to it.
I also find i shed much more when i use regular hair products than i do on HO. In fact, on HO my shedding almost totally stops!

mellie
April 11th, 2008, 03:44 PM
When I use soapwort for my hair, it looks beautiful and shiny - but feels a little greasy compared to the squeaky-cleanness of shampoo. I tend to switch off between them.

Leisa
April 11th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Chloe Dharma - I totally agree about the shedding. I wished I'd known this years ago as I probably wouldn't have lost so much hair. At least now, thanks to people at LHC, I can stop the massive shedding! Yeah! :)

One other thing, my scalp doesn't itch with herbs whereas it does with shampoo.

mira-chan
April 11th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Shampoo, especiall SLS one (with conditioner after silicone or no) - crunchy, breakable, frizzy, mound of hair. It gets bigger, to "looks like has been electrocuted" level.
Conditioner (CO) - hair was ok or a bit limp. Scalp was the problem there.

Herbs - wavier, less frizz, more normal volume as if the hair has some weight and is not a ball of frizzy fluff. Amount of volume and slip depends on the herbs and oils used.

khyricat
April 11th, 2008, 05:31 PM
traditional shampoo/conditioner- heavy limp hair with lots of shed...

all natural cassia based poo bar/hibiscus and elderflower tea rinse/small amount of oils.. more body/bounce, less shed, and I am inding a ton of new growth to replace that high shed.. I am still shedding a lot, just not the literal handfuls I was in the past!