nastasska
April 11th, 2008, 09:32 AM
The whole horror story is here

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=4685

:wail:

It's an Aveda plant based colour

missy60
April 11th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Have you checked out the honey thread that might be an option since your hair is so charred. I wouldnt do anything but maybe a deep treatement until I find out what the manager has to say. She could possible use a color remover or something, make it their problem since they messed up.

I wouldnt give them alot of time though because I have always heard color is easier to remove with in 48 hours. So if they wont do anything you could try washing in Dawn and doing heavy oil treatments within that time frame. Use heat also because that opens the cuticle and would help to rid it of the color.

Silver & Gold
April 11th, 2008, 09:48 AM
I have a similar story in reverse. I've been letting my semi-permanent color fade out and my grey hairs come out to play. In December I decided that having a few subtle (very subtle) - oh, and did I happen to mention S U B T L E hightlights added to blend in slightly darker roots.
I was so very clear to the stylist. I told her what I wanted and my goal. I told her that I wanted the minimum amount done in order to keep my hair in good condition. I told her I didn't want dramatic hightlights because I wanted all the drama to come from my own grey hairs.
So she started the process . . . after weaving out the selected strands, applying the solution and foiling the left side of my head the beautician took a phone call. She talked, and talked . . . and talked some more. I waited, worried a little . . . but I didn't want to make a scene.
She returned to working on me and finished with my right side. Then we waited. She checked the side she finished LAST for doneness and when she was satisfied with the color she rinsed my hair. I still don't understand why - after that long pause created by her phone call - she didn't check the left side first, rinse it when it was ready and then go to the right side . . . but hey, I'm not the professional.
My hair was white, not subtle highlights by any stretch of the imagination. And soooooo damaged on the left side. I was sick to my stomach over the whole thing.
But I babied my hair along. I've been studying these boards and listening to how others have handled simular situations with dry and damaged hair. My hair is getting better and better. I had to put it up a lot for a while. First to disguise bad looking hair and also to keep it from my own sight so I wouldn't take a pair of scissors to it.
I don't know how to advise you other than to hang in there and day by day work towards hair more the way you intended. I feel your pain.

lora410
April 11th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Oh my. As a person who is reversing black dye herself do the Honey treatment for 8hrs and your hair will be much lighter. also mixing honey with baby shampoo and leaving on for 20 misn will lighten alot faster then anything. I just shampooed with the honey and baby shampoo and alot of black came out. warning though the baby shampoo made my hair dry.

Kirin
April 11th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Dawn might be too harsh if your damaged with the color, try baby shampoo instead! Dawn will brutalize your hair if its all dried out.

If the salon wont do anything you can try "color oops", and do a lot of deep treatments with honey to try and lift color and help condition.

lora410
April 11th, 2008, 09:56 AM
P.s color opps works good as well.

k_hepburn
April 11th, 2008, 10:03 AM
@ kirin and lora410:

Any particular reason why you recommend baby-shampoo? Is it better then regular shampoos for lightening coloured hair? I'm asking because I would like to go a shade lighter than the dye I've been using recently for a change, and it would be kind of nice if I got to see the effect on the whole length of my hair. Does honey work as a lightener on chemical permanent dyes, too, or is it just plant based dyes?

katharine

missy60
April 11th, 2008, 10:11 AM
If you have access to the Malibu product the crystal gel packs are great for removing color. I have also used the Ion brand and it works good to. These products are cuticle cleansers and I was just thinking the last time I used one it really lightened up my hair color. They didnt dry my hair out at all it was very shiney afterwards.

Alot of salons use the Malibu so the one you went to possible will have something like this. I would ask them about it when I get in touch with them.

suicides_eve
April 11th, 2008, 10:22 AM
i went through this too. well kinda, i wanted to remove about 3 years of built up black hair dye and used a color remover i made a cute little page showing the process i went through to try and get brown /blond. my pictures http://colorzap.50megs.com/

it did remove all the dye and my hair wasn't messed up at all. the thing that killed my hair was the bleaching after bleaching

(http://colorzap.50megs.com/)

Nightshade
April 11th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Oh my. As a person who is reversing black dye herself do the Honey treatment for 8hrs and your hair will be much lighter. also mixing honey with baby shampoo and leaving on for 20 misn will lighten alot faster then anything. I just shampooed with the honey and baby shampoo and alot of black came out. warning though the baby shampoo made my hair dry.

This. My mom does this when her brown dye gets to dark. Just wet your hair, work in the baby shampoo and honey, then leave it on for 20-30 mins, rinse and condition :)

I'd start with that, and only move up to ColorFix and ColorOpps later, as I'd fear it'd pull out way too much color.

wolf girl
April 11th, 2008, 12:23 PM
This. My mom does this when her brown dye gets to dark. Just wet your hair, work in the baby shampoo and honey, then leave it on for 20-30 mins, rinse and condition :)

I have not heard of this. :cheese: I too am trying to grow out hair that was dyed to dark. I have now started to do henna instead and like the color much better. Would it pull out the henna too if I tried to do this? :( I've got about 6 inches of growth that just have henna and the length still has the dark dye. Opinions?

Nightshade
April 11th, 2008, 12:25 PM
I have not heard of this. :cheese: I too am trying to grow out hair that was dyed to dark. I have now started to do henna instead and like the color much better. Would it pull out the henna too if I tried to do this? :( I've got about 6 inches of growth that just have henna and the length still has the dark dye. Opinions?

Oh, no worries, that combo won't touch the henna, much to the dismay of those trying to get their henna out. If you JUST hennaed it may fade it a tiny bit, but it will probably go back to its normal color pretty quickly.

It does work best on recently dyed hair, but it can't hurt to try on hair that's been dyed longer :)

lora410
April 11th, 2008, 12:26 PM

I'd start with that, and only move up to ColorFix and ColorOpps later, as I'd fear it'd pull out way too much color.

I know, your the one who told me the secrets of honey and baby shampoo :D

P>S be caustious fo the scary cuticle damage picts this lady puts up:p

wolf girl
April 11th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Oh, no worries, that combo won't touch the henna, much to the dismay of those trying to get their henna out. If you JUST hennaed it may fade it a tiny bit, but it will probably go back to its normal color pretty quickly.

It does work best on recently dyed hair, but it can't hurt to try on hair that's been dyed longer :)

Thanks for the advice Nightshade! :flower:

Anje
April 11th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Yipe! While I have no experience with this sort of thing, I just want to wish you best of luck while you try to fade it. All I know is that it's better to do it quickly, since it seems to be much harder to get dye out a few days down the road.

nastasska
April 13th, 2008, 02:55 AM
Update here

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=4858

iris
April 13th, 2008, 06:23 AM
I would do a deep conditioning treatment NOW. The longer you wait, the more the cuticle will close and lock the color in. As others have said, the time to act is now.

I don't know what the manager is planning to do, but something hairdressers seem to LIKE doing (based on what I read here on the boards) is a 'soap cap', which is bleach mixed with shampoo. It's quite damaging. The more dye you can pull out on your own now, with methods that will not damage your hair, the better.

A deep conditioning treatment won't hurt your hair, and it probably will help to fade the color, but you shouldn't wait long to do it.

I can understand wanting THEM to fix it since THEY are the ones who did it wrong, but the longer you wait the harsher the methods will have to be.

Is this the aveda color that has no peroxide, only ammonia, and that is made with 'natural plant pigments'? I always wonder what those 'natural plant pigments' can be. IF the 'natural plant pigments' are henna and/or indigo, they are actually NOT easy to lighten at all, once they have bound to the hair. And that process of binding to the hair takes about 48 hours... so, again, if henna/indigo is in this stuff, a deep conditioning NOW will pull some color out, but in a few days it won't anymore.

I think that goes for pretty much any type of color though - the faster you are in trying to fade it, the easier it is. Try the baby shampoo, the honey, deep conditioning, whatever - just do it sooner rather than later. I'm willing to bet that the salon's idea of 'fixing' it is going to involve bleach in some form. Best to avoid that.

Iris

nastasska
April 13th, 2008, 08:53 AM
I did a deep conditioning treatment that night but the colour hasn't budged at all.
They called it a Demi Permanent I really don't know what she plans to do

nastasska
April 13th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Do you call this Dark Brown:evil:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Nastasska/IM000477Black.jpg