PDA

View Full Version : How much does your cat love your hair?

cowgirltresses
July 7th, 2009, 12:35 PM
So every time that I let my hair down out of a bun/braid/whatever my cat goes buck wild trying to sniff it. He freaking LOVES my hair. Today was especially hilarious so I figured I'd post to see who else has hair loving felines. My cat will purr with all his might and run though my hair when I lean down to pet him like its a curtain or something! But he does this over and over..and over... What does your fellow feline do??

Longlocks3
July 7th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Our oldest cat will bat at my hair and attack it if its hanging, either loose or braided! I firmly believe its because he was around only short haired males for too long. The younger cat likes to 'nurse' on blankets and one time my hair was accidently nursed on with the blanket.

SimplyViki
July 7th, 2009, 12:53 PM
My cat doesn't care one way or another about my hair. But then, it's usually up when I'm around her. Even when it's down, she doesn't pay it any mind, though.:shrug: Not sure why.

natt i nord
July 7th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Oh, our neighbour's cat likes my hair, yes. When I try to get it out of his claws he always tries to catch it.

fisher2
July 7th, 2009, 01:26 PM
mine woke me up because my hair was apparently hanging off bed by 1-2 inches and he clawd it and got stuck LOL.

rogue_psyche
July 7th, 2009, 01:35 PM
My cats will play with my hair from time to time. I've also had one of them do the kneading thing on my scalp. Ouch.

camara
July 7th, 2009, 01:46 PM
One of my cats is grooming my hair (:/ :D) with fierce determination whenever I´m wearing it down, the other ignores it.

Fractalsofhair
July 7th, 2009, 01:50 PM
My cat likes to try to groom my hair and comb it with his paws. It's hard to explain! XD, He'll grab a chunk and start licking it and pawing it. XD My hair ends up looking messier though, so, I suppose he's just playing with it, not trying to groom it! XD

Canarygirl
July 7th, 2009, 03:12 PM
My cat likes to walk on my hair, when it's early morning and he's thinking about breakfast. How I hate the pulling and the rude awakening of the pop-pop-pop sound (hairs being yanked out of follicles) :mad:

windinherhair
July 7th, 2009, 03:26 PM
My cats don't bother my hair anymore, but when we first got our youngest cat, Rocksy, I would wake up in bed finding her chewing on my hair! :bigeyes: It was like she was trying to eat it! And when I sit on the couch, sometimes I drap my hair over the back of the cough and I would feel parts of it pulling because she would be playing with it. :) I don't know why she doesn't play with it anymore because she is still a playful cat... but I have also been wearing my hair up more.

renarok
July 7th, 2009, 03:43 PM
My cat loves my hair and he will always come when I call him if I let down my hair. He ignores me when my hair is up. He has strong opinions.

Finoriel
July 7th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I canīt say for sure, but I guess my cats hate my hair :lol:.
My sleep-braid keeps flopping into their breakfast in the mornings when I put it down on the floor for them ... or worse :p it hits the hungry cat.

hellkitty
July 7th, 2009, 04:22 PM
My cats really only notice my hair when it's in a braid. Biki likes to grab the tassel and groom it. I sleep with my hair in a braid, and several times I've woken up when Mr. Boo has decided that my braid is apparently a snake trying to swallow my head. He valiantly punches and death-shakies the braid. It's cute in a 'cats are nuts' kind of way.

HK

Natalia
July 7th, 2009, 04:31 PM
My dalring is pretty indifferant :( i wish she would adore my hair as much as i love hers :p. If only i could rub butter on my head then she would ADORE me! Maybe coconut oil,.......

noelgirl
July 7th, 2009, 05:44 PM
I don't have a cat, but my former roommate did, and that cat loooooved my hair. My roommate had short hair at the time, so my hair was a special treat. He'd always bat at it, like string.

NeilTheFuzz
July 7th, 2009, 05:56 PM
One of my cats plays with my hair whenever he can get near my hair. He's a sucker for anything like string :)

Nyghtingale
July 7th, 2009, 06:44 PM
My kitty likes to lick it when it's wet.

JamieLeigh
July 8th, 2009, 09:09 AM
My bunnies love my hair...I haven't had a bite taken out of it yet to my knowledge, but they pounce on things just like cats do. I've learned to keep my hair up when I let them out. :pinktongue:

Kanntara
July 8th, 2009, 09:17 AM
I have a cat that loves to bury himself in my hair at the neck. He has since he was a kitten, the problem being he is no longer a kitten but the biggest cat I've seen, not fat, he's 14 lbs skinny and 13" high to the shoulders. Once my grandma took a pic of him next to a normal sized chat. When she went home she showed it to my brother and he asked when I had gotten a kitten :cheese:

Anywho, he loves to get tangled in it with his oversized paws :p

Darscilla
July 8th, 2009, 09:27 AM
My bunnies love my hair...I haven't had a bite taken out of it yet to my knowledge, but they pounce on things just like cats do. I've learned to keep my hair up when I let them out. :pinktongue:

Heehee It's not just cats, is it? One of my bunnies loves to nibble on my bangs (free trim!) and my chinchilla likes to sit on my shoulder and groom my nape hair, and will pull out and run away with any hair toys he discovers on my head. I love it! :inlove:

batteredcakes
July 8th, 2009, 06:47 PM
My pets love my hair and so do others', it's awesome because then an animal comes up to me and I can pet and play with them :3 not with my hair though but it's like bait for animals XD
Babies also love my hair

AnneAdeline
July 8th, 2009, 07:01 PM
My kitty love to nestle in my hair. He's really sweet.

I'm fostering two kittens right now, and one of them won't leave my hair alone! They're 8 weeks old, so quite small. She likes to leap to my head and chew on my hair. I now am keeping my braid tucked down the back of my shirt. I'm trying to train her out of this, but cats don't really go for that.

ilovelonghair
July 8th, 2009, 07:50 PM
My cats know they shouldn't touch my hair, so they don't :), they're very good little kitties, well, most of the time :D

may1em
July 8th, 2009, 08:18 PM
It was still short while he was alive. *tear* So he didn't really care so much for it.

However, a few months ago I stayed with some friends who had a cat. That little guy went nuts when I took my braid down.

skydancer7
July 8th, 2009, 08:30 PM
I don't have a cat, but I did a catnip rinse once and then went to visit her friend. Her cat was going crazy, jumping up on the kitchen table to sniff my head!! I didn't realize what was going on for a few minutes :)

I wonder how many of you do catnip rinses and have your kitties go crazy over your hair as a result!

akevita2002
July 8th, 2009, 08:32 PM
My cat doesn't show much interest in my hair. He prefers flesh lol :pins: