PDA

View Full Version : Washing oil out??

Knittergirl
July 7th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Yesterday morning I wet my hair and put oil in. How do you advise washing it out? I use cones, poos, all that bad stuff.:o

HairColoredHair
July 7th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Oil comes out with CO or poo... So, I shouldn't think it will be a problem...

ericthegreat
July 7th, 2009, 09:20 AM
It depends how quickly you want to wash it out of your hair and just how clean you want your hair to be. If you can't stand to leave even a bit of greasiness in your hair and want it out right away, then by all means use shampoo.

However, if you want to leave in more oil so that it continues to treat your hair, then you can gradually rinse it out with just water. Yes, even simple water rinsing will after several days rinse out the oil and thsi method is even more gentler on your hair. I've done this on several occasions and during the days I'm in the process of gradually rinsing it out with water only, I wear my hair in low, sleek ponytails.

You can of course also use conditioner only to rinse out the oil. You say you use cones, well cones are NOT good if you want to rinse out the oil. I would reccommend to you that you use a coneless conditioner when you are rinsing out the oil. Any variety of Suave Naturals works very well for this purpose.

Laurel32
July 7th, 2009, 09:23 AM
If I put a lot of oil in my hair, before I use anything to wash it out I get my hair wet and I hold all of my hair (like you are doing a ponytail) and move down the length of my hair (gently) for 3-6 times and wash as usual. You will be able to feel the oil coming off on your hands. Using only conditioner (coneless) seems to remove all of the oil in my hair.

Rentlle
July 7th, 2009, 02:58 PM
lots and lots of cones XD
I realy use lots and lots of Co :p

Norai
July 9th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Condition-wash-condition seems to be the most thorough way for me, I always end up missing some if I just wash it after a heavy oiling.

JKRBeloved
July 9th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I am generally able to get it all out just by washing with conditioner.

MunchkinBubble
July 9th, 2009, 11:54 AM
The only thing that has not worked for my hair at getting oil out is WO (maybe the whole water/oil not mixing thing?) Everything else has taken it out just fine -even when I do heavy oilings. My usual washing method is CO and 'poo bars - both leave my hair squeaky clean regardless of its previous condition.

ZadenWillowfyre
July 9th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Pretty much what everyone else has said. A good clarifying shampoo and conditioner should do the trick just fine. You may need to wash a couple of times if your hair is thick (I usually do).

feralnature
July 9th, 2009, 03:02 PM
I simply shampoo and condition with coneless products like Suave naturals or VO5.

Elettaria
July 9th, 2009, 04:13 PM
When you get into the shower, put some shampoo on before you put the water on. No idea why, but it works.