PDA

View Full Version : I made a video! Also, more pictures of my hair.

nowxisxforever
July 6th, 2009, 08:07 PM
EDIT: Video posted to Photobucket in the meantime since YouTube is being a butt: http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c62/nowxisxforever/?action=view&current=Hairsmall.flv

I posted a length shot recently, and thought I would show y'all what my hair does when it's had plenty of moisture, let dry down, and not manipulated. (These curls are incredibly fragile.) It's a little- LOL, no, a LOT greasy because I couldn't get my SMT all the way out ( I guess they don't like me... ) but it curled up a lot so I figured I would show before I went to wash it out:

Remember my hair normally?:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2573/3673054064_0ec963bfe5.jpg

A full length shot with the flat top bit ficcare'd up:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2489/3696589452_fd868e3b65.jpg

Look! A face! Plus, curls:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2619/3696589674_8316fbc86c.jpg

A close-up of the ends:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3535/3696589186_37926b1622.jpg

nowxisxforever
July 6th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Argh, YouTube is being a pain! :(

Koala Kim
July 6th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Very pretty nowxisxforever! :cloud9:
You and your hair. ;)

nowxisxforever
July 6th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Very pretty nowxisxforever! :cloud9:
You and your hair. ;)

Thanks! ;)

Shorty89
July 6th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Ooh gorgeous! I wish my hair would do that some days.

nowxisxforever
July 6th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Ooh gorgeous! I wish my hair would do that some days.

It's pretty fun when it does happen, to look and go "Woah, where did this come from?!" since I always thought I had wavy hair before.

I like making it "curl up" for special events, though. :D

skay
July 6th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Very, very nice! Mermaid-style! :)

I can relate to moisture making a big difference.

The color (and your eye color as well) is pretty to boot. :)

nowxisxforever
July 6th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Very, very nice! Mermaid-style! :)

I can relate to moisture making a big difference.

The color (and your eye color as well) is pretty to boot. :)

Thanks!!

Still working on my video...YouTube decided to take down their uploading function *right then*. So I'm trying Photobucket for a compressed version.

psvzum
July 6th, 2009, 09:20 PM
WooooooooooooooWWWWWW! Your hair is so, so, so pretty!!!! And long!!!!! Beautiful curls!!! Thank you for posting photo's : )

Dementia1013
July 6th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Beautiful curls! I love it! Yours is how I would have my hair be if I had a choice. :D

nowxisxforever
July 6th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Here is the video.

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c62/nowxisxforever/?action=view&current=Hairsmall.flv

nowxisxforever
July 6th, 2009, 09:22 PM
WooooooooooooooWWWWWW! Your hair is so, so, so pretty!!!! And long!!!!! Beautiful curls!!! Thank you for posting photo's : )

Thanks!! :) :cheese:

plainjanegirl
July 6th, 2009, 09:23 PM
I am envious of your thickness, curls, and color. pretty!!

Dementia1013
July 6th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Is there a video link?

nowxisxforever
July 6th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Beautiful curls! I love it! Yours is how I would have my hair be if I had a choice. :D

Oh? Yay!!

nowxisxforever
July 6th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Is there a video link?

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c62/nowxisxforever/?action=view&current=Hairsmall.flv There is now, it just finished recently. There ya go.

nowxisxforever
July 6th, 2009, 09:26 PM
I am envious of your thickness, curls, and color. pretty!!

Thanks!! :)

nowxisxforever
July 6th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Any thoughts on the video...? :hmm:

nowxisxforever
July 6th, 2009, 10:07 PM
*twiddles thumbs watching YouTube still not be uploading*

Something about me just doesn't like uploading to Photobucket!

eternallyverdan
July 6th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Those are some great styles! I especially love the last one, because half-ups are my favorite and that one looks really easy. Nice job.

nowxisxforever
July 6th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Those are some great styles! I especially love the last one, because half-ups are my favorite and that one looks really easy. Nice job.

Yay!! I'm glad you liked it :) I was a pretty big fan of the last one too, but then I lost my ficcare... DBF told me last night that he swears it was in a box somewhere from the time before last that we moved, so I had to go ransack all our boxes and found it! so I had to include that one.

It's got the potential to be dressed up a lot more, but I'm generally low-fuss (as you can probably see), so I don't tend to.

Koala Kim
July 6th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Great video! :)

I am envious of how easily you make it look.
After all these years, I still struggle with styles. :o

nowxisxforever
July 6th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Great video! :)

I am envious of how easily you make it look.
After all these years, I still struggle with styles. :o

Thanks!!

I've been doing the first style since 2-3+ years ago, so I've become fairly proficient at it, and it's a pretty simple concept...bee-butt, fit the top coil down around the rest.

The others came with time! Try the last one, it's pretty easy! :)

nowxisxforever
July 6th, 2009, 11:09 PM
I also added an article on how to do the locked bee-butt in the video, as well as the video clip of just that.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=142

Maybe it explains it a little better?

pdy2kn6
July 7th, 2009, 12:36 AM
thanks very much for sharing, i loved watching your styles. you've got great curls

Ndnlady
July 7th, 2009, 01:35 AM
Wow! Your curls are beautiful!:)

maaria
July 7th, 2009, 02:26 AM
Very good video:cheese:You have lovely hair;)

Fifty-Five
July 7th, 2009, 03:10 AM
Wow... great vid! Was the footage like...sped up? >.>; Pardon if I sound like...newb-ish xD I've just never seen someone do their hair -that- fast o.o; xD

Aditi
July 7th, 2009, 04:59 AM
I love your hair they remind me so much of my favorite fairytale and i enjoyed watching your hair updo video, loved the last one :)

FallenAngel
July 7th, 2009, 07:02 AM
WOW!! Great curls. :)

Chrissy
July 7th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Great video!! You are fast!! When my hair gets long enough I will be trying lots of styles. Also I liked the music in the background. Who is it? Thanks for sharing!

Ella Menneau P.
July 7th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Oh I have such hair envy now! It's lovely!:cheese:

windinherhair
July 7th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Great video! Thanks for sharing. I like the look of the last one with the ficcare and leaving half of it down. Your hair has such a bright, beautiful color, it especially shows with the light in the pictures.

skay
July 7th, 2009, 07:37 AM
http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c62/nowxisxforever/?action=view&current=Hairsmall.flv There is now, it just finished recently. There ya go.

Cool video! I also like the speed of the movements and music in the background. The timing of the music and the styles/styling came out great, too.

Fun and helpful!

nowxisxforever
July 7th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Wow... great vid! Was the footage like...sped up? >.>; Pardon if I sound like...newb-ish xD I've just never seen someone do their hair -that- fast o.o; xD

Nope, it's all real-time. I did the first one at my normal speed for the making of the bee-butt and slowed down to display the step that was relevant, haha- sorry! I've been wearing that particular bun for a few years near-daily. ;)

nowxisxforever
July 7th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Great video!! You are fast!! When my hair gets long enough I will be trying lots of styles. Also I liked the music in the background. Who is it? Thanks for sharing!

Welcome!

Tattle Tale - Glass Vase Cello Case

nowxisxforever
July 7th, 2009, 10:31 AM
thanks very much for sharing, i loved watching your styles. you've got great curls

Thanks! :)

nowxisxforever
July 7th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Wow! Your curls are beautiful!:)

Thanks! :D

nowxisxforever
July 7th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Very good video:cheese:You have lovely hair;)

Thank you! ;) :cheese:

nowxisxforever
July 7th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I love your hair they remind me so much of my favorite fairytale and i enjoyed watching your hair updo video, loved the last one :)

Thank you! What's your favorite fairytale? Glad you liked it!

nowxisxforever
July 7th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Great video! Thanks for sharing. I like the look of the last one with the ficcare and leaving half of it down. Your hair has such a bright, beautiful color, it especially shows with the light in the pictures.

Glad you enjoyed it! :) I was pretty pleased with my ficcare style, I don't think I learned it anywhere... thought it was an important one to tack on!

Thank you! :)

nowxisxforever
July 7th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Oh I have such hair envy now! It's lovely!:cheese:
Hehe thanks! Your hair is lovely too! :cheese:

nowxisxforever
July 7th, 2009, 10:39 AM
WOW!! Great curls. :)

nowxisxforever
July 7th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Cool video! I also like the speed of the movements and music in the background. The timing of the music and the styles/styling came out great, too.

Fun and helpful!

Thanks!! I went a little quick, I know... I thought the music worked out well too :] Thanks!

nowxisxforever
July 7th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Would anyone like any more detail on any of the styles in the video?

fisher2
July 7th, 2009, 01:32 PM
i love the ficcare one at the end and the knot its very cool.

nowxisxforever
July 7th, 2009, 02:46 PM
i love the ficcare one at the end and the knot its very cool.

rach
July 7th, 2009, 03:11 PM
wow that LHC buns look cool.
ficcare one at the end was nice too, shows off the waves. pretty :D

nowxisxforever
July 7th, 2009, 03:12 PM
wow that LHC buns look cool.
ficcare one at the end was nice too, shows off the waves. pretty :D

GlennaGirl
July 7th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Very nice, and WOW, your hair is thick and shiny.

nowxisxforever
July 7th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Very nice, and WOW, your hair is thick and shiny.

Thanks for the compliment! :D

JamieLeigh
July 8th, 2009, 09:18 AM
:thud: Wow!!! Your hair looks amazing - and I'm so in love with those curls!! Too bad they don't last long......but I do think your hair looks nice without them. :)

nowxisxforever
July 8th, 2009, 11:30 AM
:thud: Wow!!! Your hair looks amazing - and I'm so in love with those curls!! Too bad they don't last long......but I do think your hair looks nice without them. :)

Hehe thanks! It makes me sad too, but I overoil my hair periodically to bring them out to play ;)

Rivanariko
July 8th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Your hair is absolutely stunning! And I liked the video, some very nice styles. :)

nowxisxforever
July 8th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Your hair is absolutely stunning! And I liked the video, some very nice styles. :)

Thanks!! :)