PDA

View Full Version : Good hair weekend.

CindyLea1
July 6th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Well, I went to visit my parents 200 miles away.

On the way out of town I stopped at a gas station for candybars for the kids and smokes for me. The lady at the counter asked for my I.D!!!:cheese: I told her I had not been I.d.'ed in years! She gave me the "whatever" look. So, I handed my driver's License over.:D She looked at the Date of Birth on there and her eyes got really big! "YOU look GREAT for your age!!!" It shocked me so all I could do was grin and say thank you and head out the door. Well, I am turning 31 in a few days so I was happy to get I.d.'ed as well as her compliment.

Then, for the family reunion at the park, I deceided to throw my hair up in a vortex bun. My aunt commented on it. She told me it was very pretty and asked me how I did it. She said she would be sure to tell my cousin about it. My cousin has almost waist length thin hair, so I am sure she will be happy with it. As a side note, that bun held through 12 hours of chasing kids, hugging relatives, and a water fight with 8 kids.

The next day, I was heading out for a 200 mile drive home so I just brushed it out and went. After fighting with 4 kids to leave Grandma's house you would too!:D About half way through the trip I had to stop at a gas station for the obligatory potty break. On my way out of the facilities, two early twenty something gals were waiting. We smiled at each other and I went to the car and waited for their guys to finish before I sent my 3 boys to do their business. While I was waiting outside the door for my boys. The ladies came out. One of them said "Thanks for letting us butt in line, it's been a long ride. And you have very pretty hair!" I could only smile and say thank you. Apparently the driver's-window-half-way down-windblown-look suits me. :eyebrows:

Bunnyhare
July 6th, 2009, 07:49 PM
OH my gosh~ all that good stuff in one weekend! WHOOHOOO!! Happy b-day early!

bahannas
July 6th, 2009, 08:10 PM
That's awesome, CindyLea1! You do have very beautiful hair. :)

CindyLea1
July 6th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks Ladies, I knew you would understand. When I told my husband (he had to stay home and work) he just rolled his eyes!

nowxisxforever
July 6th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Awesome! Hehe :) Compliments are great!!

Magicknthenight
July 6th, 2009, 09:05 PM
haha compliments are awesome that sounds great!

Apparently the driver's-window-half-way down-windblown-look suits me. :eyebrows:
:DThose ones always catch me off guard. No one said anything about my neat bun but i got a bunch of compliments on my 2 day old worn/slept in bun. hah
ETA: yes i was out and about and didn't redo it :P lazy me

CindyLea1
July 7th, 2009, 07:33 AM
[quote=
:DThose ones always catch me off guard. No one said anything about my neat bun but i got a bunch of compliments on my 2 day old worn/slept in bun. hah
ETA: yes i was out and about and didn't redo it :P lazy me[/quote]

:p Funny stuff, I had a friend I worked with that used to do her makeup and hair then take a nap before she went out to get the perfect smokey eye style make-up, and slightly bed head sexy/messy hair do's! She would just touch up and go.

ilandree
July 7th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Congratulations!

JamieLeigh
July 8th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Wow! That was a great hair weekend. I'm glad you had such a good time, and that appearance didn't have to be an issue! :flower:

Me? I got "Are you ever gonna cut that hair?" from an uncle of my husband's that I dislike. ;)

krissykins
July 8th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Yay that is awesome :) so many compliments in so little time. haha

Moonstruck
July 8th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Haha, the IDing comment is hilarious - many of my relatives get that all the time and we all start cackling/laughing hysterically wherever we are.
That's amazing, congrats! I love that your aunt actually wanted to know how to do the bun - that's a true sign of its beauty.