PDA

View Full Version : Depressing S&D Mission...

Natalia
July 6th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Well while i was waiting in the hospital today for almost 2 and a half hours more than planned i decided to go to town on an S&D mission. Im sitting htere with an IV what else am i supposed to do right ;) ? Well i usually S&D under an Ott light type thing so if you have one of those you know how bright they are. I havent been finding tons of splits at home when i look so i thouhgt hey im not doing as bad as i though :)....WRONG!

I was so sad to see that daylight brings out my splits alot better than my ott light :(. Im kinda glad and kinda sad. Glad i can find them and take care of them but sad that i do in fact have as much if not more splits than i thought :(... Who knew that the super bright ott light or the light from my lap top screen wasnt showing nearly what i had. So i guess my S&D missions need to be in daylight from now on.

Anyone else notice this with their hair? I thought maybe becasue my hair is so fine and im a blonde underneath this dye the bright light shines stright through the even finer split hairs? They are so hard to see i generally trim anything with a sudden taper just to be safe. Turns out that was a good thing becasue i found alot of deep broken off splits.

Just thought is share my pathetic discovery
Natalia

Coriander
July 6th, 2009, 03:20 PM
First of all I hope you're okay!!!

Secondly, last week when I was in the ER with my DBF, I had nothing better to do as well than play with the end of my braid. I don't want to tell you how many more splits I found thanks to those fluorescent lights.

Here's to healing you and your splits :flowers:

demitasse
July 6th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Nothing looks good under fluorescent lights: hair, skin, figures. It's like they were purposefully designed to make people look as unkempt, washed out, and lumpy as possible. Don't let it get you too down. I defy anyone to look their best while standing underneath one of those things.

Hope you're feeling well, Natalia. :)

Kiraela
July 6th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Oh, I do hope you are feeling well, Natalia!

Yes, sunlight and florescent lights are awful for me. I can see splits, kinks, bends, blackheads, lumps, bumps and bruises so much worse under those lights. Not to mention the havoc they play on my migraines.

Moonstruck
July 6th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Ahh! It's SO frustrating when I'm somewhere outside without my scissors, find out literally that my ends are TEEMING with splits, and when I get home, march into my bathroom with scissors firmly in hand.... my lights turn up NOTHING. ::throws hands in air::

But hey, if you can't see 'em, others can't see 'em either. So no one inside knows how terrible my ends look. ;)
My dark dark brown hair is actually surprisingly hard to find the splits on because I have a lot of natural variation in hair color and thickness. I can never tell if its a real split end or a natural taper - I end up cutting both as well.