PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone grown their hair from chin length to long without cutting at all?

pdy2kn6
July 6th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Have any lhc members grown their hair past waist length (however long) from chin length without any cutting whatsoever (apart from the odd cutting off of single split ends when you find them)? would be great to see pics of how it looks

goodenough
July 6th, 2009, 08:35 AM
I did, but I was young (18-21)and my hair was healthier. I didn't start getting split ends till I was 30.

AJoifulNoise
July 6th, 2009, 08:54 AM
I grew out from a bit past chinlength to hiplength.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2009/timeline06-08.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2009/timeline.jpg

I never really had a problem with split ends. Maybe a handful there toward the end.

Xandergrammy
July 6th, 2009, 09:19 AM
I did. I have lots of pictures in my blog.

Deb!
July 6th, 2009, 10:31 AM
I grew out from a bit past chinlength to hiplength.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2009/timeline06-08.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2009/timeline.jpg

I never really had a problem with split ends. Maybe a handful there toward the end.

WOW, that's some major growth over a relatively short span of time!

RancheroTheBee
July 6th, 2009, 11:33 AM
AJoifulNoise: Your hair grows hella fast. I am impressed!

Anyway, I am currently attempting to do this. I'm down to shoulder, and I haven't trimmed for a while now. Since I don't really get splits, I don't need to, but I happen to be one of those compulsive trimmers, so let's see how it goes. :p

Stormsong
July 6th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I haven't had my hair cut for around a year now, when it was somewhere around chin/jaw length. I'm hoping to get to at least mid-back before succumbing to scissors for 'trimming'out the layers. This is where I am at present though:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3627/3672889742_d97f2a85d0.jpg?v=0

I am using henna to colour my hair as well though, and I don't seem to be seeing splits at the moment, hopefully this will continue :D

Tap Dancer
July 6th, 2009, 12:32 PM
That's the plan!

I did it when I was a child and I'm doing it again now. My last haircut (a jaw length bob) was in November. I'm not touching it for another year or two.

embee
July 6th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I did. I started growing in 1990 when my financial situation changed for the worse. In 2005 I chopped off 8 inches because I only could do 1 updo and it was not working right any longer. I have no idea how long it was then, but it was for sure cut back above waist, and that eliminated the one updo I knew!

*Then* I found LHC and all these wonderful updo instructions. Figures! ;)

(Actually, I think it was at terminal when I chopped. If I were to cut off that amount now, I think it would be back where it was in 2005.)

tigerlily
July 6th, 2009, 07:36 PM
I've grown mine from about a bsl layered cut to mid thigh with only the odd S&D, but I don't have any pictures at the moment. When my boyfriend gets his camera back I'll see if I can get some.

MuzicalH3rb
July 6th, 2009, 09:22 PM
That's what I'm trying to do right now. I have done it once before, so, it shouldn't be hard.

lambhair
July 6th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I did! I grew my hair out from a chin length bob to TBL+ in 5 years. Sadly, most of that time I did not keep track of my hair except to say, "wow its getting long..." but I didn't take really good care of my hair until I found this place.
I have not cut it ever since that bob, but I do seek out and destroy the random split end every now and then.
Sorry, no pics.

angelthadiva
July 6th, 2009, 10:07 PM
I have, but it was pre-LHC and I didn't make a habit of taking LHC type photos then.

I went from past waist length to a short razored cut that was too short to put in a ponytail...That was almost 8 years ago.

Fifty-Five
July 7th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Hmm...well, I went went from like...well, regular boy cut to slightly past midback without cutting it? xD; One small trim...which is the problem. >.>; Too scared to go to get it trimmed, so my hair isn't so pretty ><;

free_hug
July 7th, 2009, 03:45 AM
AJoyfulNoise, wow, that's some amazing journey you have done!:thumbsup:

AJoifulNoise
July 7th, 2009, 08:27 AM
WOW, that's some major growth over a relatively short span of time!

AJoifulNoise: Your hair grows hella fast. I am impressed!

AJoyfulNoise, wow, that's some amazing journey you have done!:thumbsup:

Thank you! I did cut about 6 inches off in July 2008. I'm about back to that point again now. I'm now trimming every 6 months to get rid of dye and to keep my ends thicker.

batteredcakes
July 8th, 2009, 06:52 PM
I did that but I was in elementary/middle school. My first cut/trim was in high school. I don't have pics though, sorry. :/

Arctic_Mama
July 8th, 2009, 07:23 PM
I'm working on it right now, from layered at chin to at least tailbone before I do an actual trim.

dearladydisdain
July 8th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I did. I cut to chin length, hated it, and grew straight past classic to touching my thighs. It can be done! :)

ChatoyantLocks
July 8th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Not quite. I grew from just above shoulders to knee length, with one slight cut two years into the process because the back was lopsided. Since then I have just trimmed split ends one by one.

HisForever
July 8th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Ive done it before and Im trying to do it again. Dont have any pics on the computer, but I remember I went from a little past chin to waist in two years. So I guess it was kind of fast, I hope I can do it again, or maybe faster??? Its at shoulders now.

eternallyverdan
July 8th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Yep. I've had long hair for 23 years with 2 trims and no S&Ds, and my hair is still going strong.