PDA

View Full Version : "Fly away" hair

Eireann
July 6th, 2009, 06:56 AM
My hair is very fine and wavy, and is very fluffy and "fly-away". I color my hair about every 6 weeks to cover grey, and I know it is damaging, but I'm not ready to go grey. I try to take good care of my hair otherwise. I don't see any split ends, but I'm pretty sure that the "fluffiness" is due to damage to my already fine hair. I've been drenching it with moisture (commerical conditioners as well as heavy oiling with coconut oil) which makes it feel softer and look shinier, but it still has the fluffy fly-away look that I don't love. Would protein help? If so, does anyone have a particular product they recommend?

eternallyverdan
July 6th, 2009, 02:56 PM
If you don't mind cones I've found that Michael Frieda's smoothing products are really good for reducing fluffiness around the ends. The stuff I have is called Shine Shock, and it does great things for my ends when they look fluffy and frizzy. If it's just an appearance thing, try smoothing it with aloe so that it stays a bit more cohesive and doesn't do the fly-away thing.

I'm afraid those are both just short-term things though-- you can try protein, but I'm not sure how big of a difference it will make for your texture. Good luck finding something that works for you.