PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me........?

whiteisle
July 6th, 2009, 05:01 AM
....or does getting past the shoulder finally feel like you're getting somewhere? I feel like I've waited forever for this.

Watch out ankles! You're next! :D

eadwine
July 6th, 2009, 05:47 AM
:lol: Congrats! I didn't get that feel until I got past BSL, it sure feels good doesn't it!

desertgirl
July 6th, 2009, 06:08 AM
Yes!

It's been forever (excuse the hyperbole) since I've been able to keep my hair behind my shoulders when I look down. What a feeling!

I'm sure I will enjoy discoveries like this at every length!

AutumnLeaves
July 6th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Shoulders to ankles; quite a jump! LOLOL You go, girl! I'll come along for the ride!

Seriously, I think it is a big deal to hit shoulders. I remember how excited I was to reach shoulder. Now I'm at BSL (and have been forever, it seems), and looking forward to waist.

rapunzhell13
July 6th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Nope, it's not just you! I feel exactly the same way now that I'm creeping past shoulder and moving right along to APL. Starting at bald-pixie sure makes you feel grateful for every inch!

Deb!
July 6th, 2009, 06:52 AM
It's not just you feeling that way!

I'll be happy realizing my next goal of APL.

I wore a banana clip(yes, I still have some) yesterday and was thrilled that the hair hanging from the bottom of it was resting on my back! The clip was positioned from the top of my head, no where near my neck.
It looked pretty darn cute!:D

Last year at this time, I barely had enough hair to cover my head(chemo).

I MUST take photos! ;)

Zindell
July 6th, 2009, 06:57 AM
....or does getting past the shoulder finally feel like you're getting somewhere?

Me too! As soon as my hair got past the shoulders I felt like I finally started to get long hair. (Ye ye I know)

Since last year I have been growing my bangs out. My goal atm is to get my (former) bangs past the shoulders.
I estimate to reach that goal within the next two or three months. :D

demitasse
July 6th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Shoulder length is one of the best milestones to hit. I was thrilled that I could finally pull my hair back and out of my face. It also means you're out of that awkward looking in between stage that can look great one day and then eep! the next.

redneckprincess
July 6th, 2009, 07:32 AM
yes for now its feels like I can start to grow long now...I have such a long giraffe neck that getting past my shoulders took forever but now that im there I can start this growth process...happy growing and take lots of pictures...

Deborah
July 6th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Sure. Do you remember the old song from "Hair?" It talks about long hair as "hair, glorious hair, shoulder length or longer..." It is the beginning of being a longhair. Welcome to the club! :cheese:

GlassEyes
July 6th, 2009, 12:05 PM
): It will most definately feel that way for me. D:

8grumble* APL without curls. *grumble*

may1em
July 6th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I was deprived of this feeling because I didn't set out to grow my hair from the reverse-angled wedge cut to really long. The front was chin-length, and it was "getting too long" when hair touched my neck. Last trim to maintain that style - April 05

I grew out to shoulder because I graduated, had a hard time finding work, and then had a hard time justifying a salon trip when I finally got a job. I also had to get up early for work instead of getting up and having class a few hours later. It was kind of nice to be able to put it in a ponytail or peacock twist instead of spending time blowdrying. So I just got layers (still growing those out) and a trim a year later when I finally made it to the salon. I really did feel like I had very long hair at shoulder, because I hadn't been initiated into the World of Longhairs.

Then I moved out (to a different state!) and had to *pay rent!!!"* Rent took precedence over salon visits, so it got even longer. That's when I decided I wanted to be a longhair.

I had a really happy day when I finally got to BSL - that was my first reached goal, and the closest I've come to "now I'm really getting somewhere!"

You all growing out from shorter lengths to great lengths on purpose are going to have much better hair health in the long run, though, because you're taking good care of it now by caring about things like mechanical damage.

Whiteisle - your hair is so shiny and happy looking! And it appears to be all-one-length, so you'll have a great time with braids when it grows out - no layers to mess them up!

JamieLeigh
July 8th, 2009, 09:48 AM
It's not just you! It's definitely euphoric to bypass a body part in the growth process. :D Congrats on passing shoulder!

melrose1985
July 8th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I'm past me shoulders and i'm almost to APL. i'm two months shy of a year of no cutting.

ZadenWillowfyre
July 8th, 2009, 10:34 AM
I remember when I could finally put it into a pony tail I was so amazing.

JKRBeloved
July 8th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I also love the feel when it finally gets long enough to get gently caught behind me on the car seat when I drive (just got there again).

RocketDog
July 8th, 2009, 11:41 AM
The big 'OMG it's finally getting LONG!' moment for me was when I could reach behind me and feel the ends of my hair in the shower without having to crane my neck back. Just happened this week!