PDA

View Full Version : Does your scalp have moods?

FoxFire
April 11th, 2008, 06:23 AM
It seems like mine does! I will do the exact same thing (CWC every other day, ACV rinse then clear water rinse) and one time my hair is greasy/flaky by the time it is time to wash again, and the next time it feels like I could go an extra day without washing. :rolleyes: Any ideas what causes this?

mommy101405
April 11th, 2008, 06:48 AM
Mine gets PMS, lol. I have a much yuckier scalp and certain times of the months and then other times its quite pleasant. It is frustrating when our scalps do not cooperate with our plans.

Dientje
April 11th, 2008, 06:51 AM
I have notices big differences in my scalp during my monthly period. I haven't figured it out exactly yet, but it seems my scalp produces more oil right before and during my period.
So I think it might be hormonal..

What could also cause changes in how your scalp reacts:
- the weather, especially the humidity
- euhmm, that was all I could think of

Lamb
April 11th, 2008, 06:51 AM
I tend to agree with what Spidermom said somewhere: hair is not dead. My scalp and my hair both have moods, and sometimes they throw tantrums when they don't like the weather, what I eat, what I read, etc. Oiliness/dryness, curl or the lack of it, fineness, etc. - these are all subject to change without a moment's notice!:rolleyes:

FoxFire
April 11th, 2008, 06:57 AM
I tend to agree with what Spidermom said somewhere: hair is not dead. My scalp and my hair both have moods, and sometimes they throw tantrums when they don't like the weather, what I eat, what I read, etc. Oiliness/dryness, curl or the lack of it, fineness, etc. - these are all subject to change without a moment's notice!:rolleyes:

That is too funny! I never thought what I am reading could be the problem! :laugh:

lora410
April 11th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Yup, right now mine is breaking out and slightly more gunky with the rest of my face. They are both angry lately it seems.

Riot Crrl
April 11th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Mine's current mood is, "I don't care how much the hairs coming out of me love the CO. I am still going to complain, no matter what you do to try and appease me."

Suldrun
April 11th, 2008, 03:40 PM
:eek:haha this is so true. My scalp had a lot of issues when I was ill and had hormone issues and its still a bit moody:)

I have had days where I shampoo my scalp and CO my ends and by the time my hair is air dryed its so greasy I look like I have an oil slick I then shampooed only 3 times and it was still oily:shrug: luckily most of that is done with but around my period I still get moody hair and scalp.

DrkAngel
April 11th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I totally get that too. I think it could be hormonal? or diet-related? After all, the scalp is skin so just as our face gets oilier some days, without any change in our routine, so can the scalp. Mine is quite moody too ;)

freznow
April 11th, 2008, 06:00 PM
lol yes! I think it involves so many factors that the only way to qualify it is to deem that it has a 'mood'. Off the top of my head, factors that affect it: what I've done recently to it, weather, hormones, diet, when's the last time I scritched...

Nat242
April 11th, 2008, 09:40 PM
No, my scalp is stable and well-adjusted. It behaves quite predictably.

The length of my hair on the other hand, well, it's the problem child. Completely contrary and unpredictable :rolleyes:

-- Natalie

asantegold
April 11th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Hi there,

Like some other ladies said, it may be related to hormones. I feel like my scalp/hair gets especially dry right before that time of the month. Its good to know I'm not the only one whose who hair characteristics change even when my regimen's the same:).

trolleypup
April 11th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Hair is pretty predictable...scalp a little less so...it failed to get angry that I was past my usual wash period...not it is angry early. Of course it is hot and dry right now, so my hair should get cranky too.