PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong (rope braid)?

intothemist1999
July 5th, 2009, 08:33 PM
I've done a rope braid ponytail for ages and suddenly they just don't hold. The seem to become loose withing minutes of making it! :confused:

danacc
July 5th, 2009, 10:03 PM
The only thing I know to check is the twisting directions. After you divide your hair into 2 sections, each section needs to be twisted in the same direction. Then, when you are twisting the 2 sections together, this twist must be made in the opposite direction from the way you twisted each of the sections. (I'm not sure if this explanation is easy to follow; hopefully it makes sense.)

intothemist1999
July 5th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Thanks, danacc, that's what I've been doing, but it's just not working like it used to :(

freznow
July 5th, 2009, 11:04 PM
I'm not really sure... I know that, when I make yarn, if I have a thinner section I have to twist it more to hold than with a big section. Perhaps now that you have more hair - more taper - you need more twist in your sections?

intothemist1999
July 6th, 2009, 08:37 AM
I'm not really sure... I know that, when I make yarn, if I have a thinner section I have to twist it more to hold than with a big section. Perhaps now that you have more hair - more taper - you need more twist in your sections?

Ah, ok, I"ll give that a whirl. Thanks! :)