PDA

View Full Version : Has this been done before or have I invented my own bun?

Jemoiselle
July 5th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Did I just invent a new type of infinity bun?

I was attempting one, and noticed that my mistake was looking more and more like a treble clef being a musician at heart hehe. So, after a couple practice tries of my "mistake" I decided to take a photo and stick my neck out here. Has anyone done this before? If not, I would like to name it the "Musician's Infinity Bun"! LOL I turned the regular infinity shape vertical, and made one loop really small and the other coiled. How fun!

Here it is:http://lh6.ggpht.com/_k-wURBYDpMg/SlD27VNwOCI/AAAAAAAAAIs/kbrSaZHwmCM/s512/DSC02333.JPG

Konstifik
July 5th, 2009, 01:05 PM
I think I've seen a similar bun before, I am not sure though. However, it looks great! I wish I could do cool buns too. *jealous* :D

Loviatar
July 5th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I think once my hair is long enough I'm going to try to do this instead of the regular infinity. BUt then I am a music geek. :lol:

desertgirl
July 5th, 2009, 01:31 PM
I love it! Never seen it before, but I'm just an amateur. If my hair were long enough I would try it for fun (though I would probably be boring and call it the Treble Clef)

AnneAdeline
July 5th, 2009, 01:48 PM
That's really cool! And it does really look like a treble clef.
Very interesting!

Finoriel
July 5th, 2009, 02:18 PM
It looks like a treble clef bun (old board name) which is the classic_and_longer version of the equilibrium bun which can be seen in our article section. Iīm sorry this one is not a new bun, but nonetheless very pretty :wink:.
Doing it without folding the hair in half is a nifty trick to achieve the same treble clef look with shorter hair :thumbsup:, but I would suggest calling it īcheatersī treble clef or something like that ... :wink: just to not confuse the rare oldtimers who remember the folded version being called treble clef. Please :silly: Iīm still recovering from the changed meaning of the nautilus bun.

jeno
July 5th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Cool bun! I will remember it until my hair is long enough...

Jemoiselle
July 5th, 2009, 02:31 PM
It looks like a treble clef bun (old board name) which is the classic_and_longer version of the equilibrium bun which can be seen in our article section. Iīm sorry this one is not a new bun, but nonetheless very pretty :wink:.
Doing it without folding the hair in half is a nifty trick to achieve the same treble clef look with shorter hair :thumbsup:, but I would suggest calling it īcheatersī treble clef or something like that ... :wink: just to not confuse the rare oldtimers who remember the folded version being called treble clef. Please :silly: Iīm still recovering from the changed meaning of the nautilus bun.

Awesome, and BOO at the same time! Hehe. I am having such a hard time keeping up with all the buns! I thought this one originated from the instructions for an infinity. I am off to research the equilibrium now! Well, my spin on this old one can be called the Musician's Bun then hehe, since it isn't an infinity type I guess. I am so confused! Nevertheless, it sure was fun to make! Thanks for informing me :D I would have never in a million years known about the one on the old board!

eadwine
July 5th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Yep, the treble clef. Very beautifully done indeed!

Finoriel
July 5th, 2009, 02:54 PM
I thought this one originated from the instructions for an infinity.
Youīre absolutely right here, it is some sort of figure8 bun. Just with 2 or 1 1/2 coils on the bottom and one loop folded over at the top. Thatīs what you get when your hair is long enough to make 3 coils, when you shape 3 coils instead of making 2 and wrapping the excess length around the base of the bun.
:p Sorry I guess I was unclear (has been a long day for me). What you get from doing a figure8 in the way you did, is very close to what my equilibrium bun looks like. Thatīs just how an equilibrium bun looks with long enough hair, which lead to itīs name on the old board > treble clef bun.
Sometimes all roads lead to Rome :wink: you found another way to achieve the treble clef look without needing to fold ones hair in half before twisting it, which makes it possible to look like that for īshorterī long hair.
I hope this explanation was better :silly: I fear not though. It is indeed confusing.

My treble clef, by the way :p somehow scary that it looks that similar while the way of making it is not the same.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=38263&albumid=3030&dl=1241374452&thumb=1 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3030&pictureid=38263)

RoseRedDead
July 5th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Huh, I've never seen that before. I'll have to try this, of course, being a musician... :) Sorry that it wasn't an original thought, Jemoiselle, but then again, apparently great minds think alike.

redneckprincess
July 5th, 2009, 05:05 PM
very pretty!! one day my hair will be long enough to do something like that

GlassEyes
July 5th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Wow, it does look like a treble clef. That's really cool. xD;

JamieRose
July 5th, 2009, 05:11 PM
aaaah I love that! beautiful, very nicely done.:flower:

Natalia
July 5th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Here it is:http://lh6.ggpht.com/_k-wURBYDpMg/SlD27VNwOCI/AAAAAAAAAIs/kbrSaZHwmCM/s512/DSC02333.JPG

Wow :agape: ! So you made a figure 8 flipped the top portion and then (instead of flipping) you coiled the end? Thats beautiful :D i hope i can make my hair do it....*thinks of avie*...

Kanntara
July 5th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Such a gorgeous idea I had to try it! Here is my attempt at your wonderful bun. I have too much hair to do the entire head so I did a 1/2 up :)

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa62/kanntara/Hair/100_0993.jpg

AprilElf
July 5th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Lovely bun, Jemoiselle! :thumbsup:

I ended up with one of these myself, when I was first learning how to do a Figure-8 bun. (Though not quite as elegant as yours. ;) )
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=4014&albumid=145&dl=1205737024&thumb=1 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=145&pictureid=4014)

I didn't know it had been identified on the old board, however. You learn something new every day!

Nyghtingale
July 5th, 2009, 07:46 PM
That is really pretty.

longhairedfairy
July 5th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Neat.:) Now lets see if anyone can figure out how to make a bass clef or C clef bun.:D Maybe even musical notes. That could get complicated.:hmm:

zen_oven
July 5th, 2009, 09:33 PM
That looks really cool! I love the treble clef!

Gumball
July 5th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Definitely a great Treble Clef bun! I've got a picture in one of my albums from when I tried it. It's a great twist on an old favorite especially for those that recognize the shape.

Jemoiselle
July 5th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Such a gorgeous idea I had to try it! Here is my attempt at your wonderful bun. I have too much hair to do the entire head so I did a 1/2 up :)

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa62/kanntara/Hair/100_0993.jpg

Thank you all for your insight and compliments! I especially loved this photo :D Yeppers, so is the verdict it HAS been done before finished result wise, but not technique to get it there, wise? I can't imagine how much hair you would need to fold it then make the shape! I just wound up my extra length underneath the main shape, and since my hair is so fine it didn't interere. Lucky me for once on behalf of the fine locks! Can't say everyday I am thankful for the lack of mane thickness but today it paid off :eyebrows: I have a peacock feather stick I would love to use to hold this upside down, feather coming out of the bottom like the tail of the note. Where was this stuff when I was younger and in band?

eadwine
July 6th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Off topic, but.. Jemoiselle your siggie is so cute!!

ilyasviel
July 6th, 2009, 06:01 AM
I have to try this one. :D

TheKnight'sLady
July 6th, 2009, 08:30 AM
This is so cool! I don't think I have enough hair to try it, but it is on my list for when I do. Thanks for the great style. I love your kitty siggy too! :)

Jemoiselle
July 6th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Ha ha! Thanks. Nermal says "Thank mew" too of course! He was pining while Hubby was trying to take photos of my hair for me, so he figured "Why not?" and got that shot. He's good!
Nermal is the strangest cat I have ever met, I love him to bits and bits!

lora410
July 6th, 2009, 01:15 PM
LOL I did this bun by accident the other day attempting to do a figure 8 :lol:

natt i nord
July 7th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Looks very beautiful, but I don't figure out how to do this. Could someone explain please?

ilandree
July 7th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Well it is awesome looking no matter what!

JKRBeloved
July 7th, 2009, 07:25 PM
This is a very sweet and whimsical bun. Nice job!

keight425
July 7th, 2009, 08:49 PM
This is awesome!!! When I looked at the bun my mouth just hit the floor and all I could say was "WOW!"
Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aditi
July 8th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Your bun looks really cool, i loved it :flower:

Heidi_234
July 8th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Ooh I love it! I managed to do the little 'tail' thingie under Treble Clef the from the leftovers of my hair. What a fun bun! I wish I had a camera to share...
The finishing touch would be sticking 6 horizontal sticks though it. And poke someones eye out :p

JamieLeigh
July 8th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Hehe, yours looks very nice! The treble clef is what I usually end up with when I'm trying for a figure-8.....and I get a sideways one frequently when I'm doing an infinity bun. It's annoying to join up here last year and learn cool new styles...and then have my hair almost too long for most of them. :pinktongue:

batteredcakes
July 8th, 2009, 06:48 PM
I think I've seen one either similar or that bun exactly. I love it though! It's so cool, if you didn't post this I wouldn't have thought of doing it! Thank you so much!

Rentlle
July 11th, 2009, 10:26 AM
wooow!
nice bun!
love it!

julya
July 11th, 2009, 11:21 AM
I made a bun like this recently, but it was upside down. I thought it looked like one of these: &.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1372&pictureid=33937

eresh
July 11th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Jemoiselle what a pretty bun!!
I doubt I'd be able to do it with my fig8/infinity handicap haha

adiapalic
July 11th, 2009, 04:19 PM
that's absolutely beautiful! sits perfectly on the back of the head too. good job!

Isabelle1984
July 12th, 2009, 06:25 PM
This bun is just awesome! I will definitely have to try it :) Thanks for sharing!