PDA

View Full Version : I need some help real quick......

redneckprincess
July 5th, 2009, 06:43 AM
First off I have to know where to buy the jojoba infused hairbrush Ive heard so much about Ive been to walmart and Meijer...no luck...does anyone have a picture of it maybe?

and also where is the list of shampoos (and condit) with and without cones...I looked at the ingredients but i dont trust myself and ive heard they like to hide cones in there under another name. I plan to try going no cone completly when its time to open a new bottle of shampoo...and I want to make sure im really using no cones....and what do I expect from this....

also not that I will do it but Im getting those blonding urges again...I dont like my hair dark in the summer..ahhhhhh but I WILL NOT COLOR IT!!!I WILL NOT!!!:cheese:

oh and one more thing but now i cant remember i'll come back to it....

Speckla
July 5th, 2009, 07:32 AM
I'm not sure about the brush but....
List of 'cone free conditioners.
http://ladylonghair.googlepages.com/'cone-freeconditioners
Just stay away from shampoos that add extra body because those do have silicones in them. Do you have bad reactions to 'cones? I find that my hair is better when it's color treated or damaged if I use 'cones vs. none.

I use the shikai and the Jason's with Biotin. These are cone free but work really really well. I use them for leave-ins and sometimes mix coconut oil with them. The shikai shampoo doesn't have SLS or ALS. It use Olein Sulfonate (sp?) that is derived from coconut as it's cleansing/foaming agent. I really like it.

Shorty89
July 5th, 2009, 07:59 AM
I've never heard of such a brush. I know they carry Jojoba oil in the health food/organic isle of Walmart though. Good luck with no colouring :)

Longlocks3
July 5th, 2009, 07:59 AM
When I went CO only, I started to shed waaaaaay less. Like almost no shed at all, maybe 2 hairs a day compared to 20+. I highly recommend VO5 conditioner, just be careful not to get the moisture milks unless you want to add protein. I prefer the 'tea' line the most. Sorry I can't be of much help with the shampoo or the brush!:D

I loved your sock bun in your other post, especially the color! I'd say try really hard to not color but if you end up doing it try being as careful as possible! Also consider this, you've grown out how many inches without blond coloring? If you dye it now, all those inches of new growth will be gone and when you grow longer it'll be that much more hair to baby.

gmdiaz
July 5th, 2009, 08:20 AM
I've seen that jojoba brush at Walmart! I thought it looked interesting too. But after thinking about it, I think you might be better off with a bottle of jojoba and a boar bristle brush.

I sure am liking being cone free. I use Morrocco Method. But the thing is you've really got to have healthy hair. . .otherwise any damage is really going to show up.

I'd wait until I had all virgin hair but you could always lighten your hair with honey in the summer. That would be really pretty. . .subtle and natural looking.

bakertwins2004
July 5th, 2009, 09:51 AM
I found it at my Meijer here in Indy.

plainjanegirl
July 5th, 2009, 10:58 AM
There is one on drugstore.com not sure what shipping would be though.
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=206749&catid=83750

Also what about using a mix of lemon juice and conditioner while out in the sun to gradually lighten your hair a bit ( would be better than chemicals).

redneckprincess
July 5th, 2009, 11:44 AM
I'm not sure about the brush but....
List of 'cone free conditioners.
http://ladylonghair.googlepages.com/'cone-freeconditioners
Just stay away from shampoos that add extra body because those do have silicones in them. Do you have bad reactions to 'cones? I find that my hair is better when it's color treated or damaged if I use 'cones vs. none.

I use the shikai and the Jason's with Biotin. These are cone free but work really really well. I use them for leave-ins and sometimes mix coconut oil with them. The shikai shampoo doesn't have SLS or ALS. It use Olein Sulfonate (sp?) that is derived from coconut as it's cleansing/foaming agent. I really like it.

Thank you for the list I have to double check and see what I bought but I think its on the no cone list...No I didnot have a bad reaction to the cones, infact I think I need them (as long as my hair still has the damaged ends) but I want to give it a shot and see what happens to go cone free for the a bit....

When I went CO only, I started to shed waaaaaay less. Like almost no shed at all, maybe 2 hairs a day compared to 20+. I highly recommend VO5 conditioner, just be careful not to get the moisture milks unless you want to add protein. I prefer the 'tea' line the most. Sorry I can't be of much help with the shampoo or the brush!:D

I loved your sock bun in your other post, especially the color! I'd say try really hard to not color but if you end up doing it try being as careful as possible! Also consider this, you've grown out how many inches without blond coloring? If you dye it now, all those inches of new growth will be gone and when you grow longer it'll be that much more hair to baby.
I dont shed much like 3-5 hairs a week...i hope going cone free dosent undo that good hold my scalp has on my hair..DD12 sheds like 5000 hairs a day..
Thank you I do like the color my hair is and I dont want to loose a years worth of newgrowth...its just when i see my bleach blonde pictures i wish for lighter hair...Im not going to do it...my husband is worse then you ladies (no offence) when it comes to me telling him Im thinking about coloring my hair...I promised him id find out my natural color and I will continue to do so as hard as it is....thats why the Manic Panic was fun while it lasted...

I found it at my Meijer here in Indy.
I swear Ive seen it at Meijer before but now that I want it I cant find it...

still cant remember what else I was going to ask...it will come to mind

Speckla
July 5th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Here you go.

http://www.amazon.com/Goody-Styling-Therapy-Jojoba-Brush/dp/B0019CTZEA

rogue_psyche
July 5th, 2009, 01:41 PM
I just saw it on target's online store. (http://www.target.com/Goody-Styling-Therapy-Jojoba-Paddle/dp/B0019CTZHM/sr=1-5/qid=1246815475/ref=sr_1_5/180-6048527-1548200?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Agoody&page=1) It doesn't look as good as the Goody Ouchless brushes IMO, which is the only brush that is nice to my hair. I haven't tried it though.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2216 Here's another cone free list. Be aware that it lists Nexxus Humectress as being cone free when that is no longer the case. I think the Sally's GVP "Compare to Humectress" is still knocking off the cone free version though.

Do you have roots growing in or are you just in a blonde mood? Maybe honey treatments can work for you.

florenonite
July 5th, 2009, 01:46 PM
I've never heard anything about people trying to "hide" 'cones under another name, and I don't see why companies would, as most people don't care, or want 'cones (particularly those who heat-style, as they mask damage and may provide some protection). Just don't get anything with ingredients ending in -cone, -conol or -xane (I think it's -xane, or -oxane or something like that).

I've seen the Goody jojoba brush at Shoppers' Drug Mart here in Canada, so maybe try an American drug store?

Lize
July 5th, 2009, 03:47 PM
also not that I will do it but Im getting those blonding urges again...I dont like my hair dark in the summer..ahhhhhh but I WILL NOT COLOR IT!!!I WILL NOT!!!:cheese:

About the color thing.. I got that urge last summer and highlighted my hair. I also cut some heavy layers. You know that I recently cut 6 inches because my hair was so damaged. Mostly from the highlights. They (highlights) might seem okay when your hair is shorter but they give a lot of damage in the long run! I am going to trim my hair every other month until all the highlights are gone, and hopefully get virgin hair for the first time in 13 years. Just think about the wonderful quality of virgin hair! Let's grow our virgin hair out together! :) (We're about the same color too as you said before.) :)

redneckprincess
July 5th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I just saw it on target's online store. (http://www.target.com/Goody-Styling-Therapy-Jojoba-Paddle/dp/B0019CTZHM/sr=1-5/qid=1246815475/ref=sr_1_5/180-6048527-1548200?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&index=target&rh=k%3Agoody&page=1) It doesn't look as good as the Goody Ouchless brushes IMO, which is the only brush that is nice to my hair. I haven't tried it though.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2216 Here's another cone free list. Be aware that it lists Nexxus Humectress as being cone free when that is no longer the case. I think the Sally's GVP "Compare to Humectress" is still knocking off the cone free version though.

Do you have roots growing in or are you just in a blonde mood? Maybe honey treatments can work for you. ok thanks no I dont want to lighten and I would be irate withmyself if i lightened it more then with sunlight ... i just think about it sometimes then i think of how bad that would be..

About the color thing.. I got that urge last summer and highlighted my hair. I also cut some heavy layers. You know that I recently cut 6 inches because my hair was so damaged. Mostly from the highlights. They (highlights) might seem okay when your hair is shorter but they give a lot of damage in the long run! I am going to trim my hair every other month until all the highlights are gone, and hopefully get virgin hair for the first time in 13 years. Just think about the wonderful quality of virgin hair! Let's grow our virgin hair out together! :) (We're about the same color too as you said before.) :)
Right I know I dont want to its just like when I quit smoking I wanted a cigg for months but I didnt have one....I think about coloring but by fall I will be so glad I didnt Im already regretting a cut I did in Feb to get rid of some layers...Im going for all virgin hair...Thanks !!

lyria
July 5th, 2009, 04:15 PM
[quote=redneckprincess;661617]
quote]

I feel your pain! As a natural blonde who loves the beach I always liked how light my hair was by the end of summer. Now that I'm inside all this summer studying, I feel like my hair isn't getting that summer glow so...

Confession: I just started using this new Sheer Blonde conditioner formula called "go blonder" which boasts natural lightening with chamomile and sunflower extracts (I've been staying away from SLS for a while so not using the shampoo). The conditioner is really nice, but full of cones. Maybe you can use it on occassion and feel a little blonder?:)

plainjanegirl
July 5th, 2009, 04:20 PM
[quote=redneckprincess;661617]
quote]

I feel your pain! As a natural blonde who loves the beach I always liked how light my hair was by the end of summer. Now that I'm inside all this summer studying, I feel like my hair isn't getting that summer glow so...

Confession: I just started using this new Sheer Blonde conditioner formula called "go blonder" which boasts natural lightening with chamomile and sunflower extracts (I've been staying away from SLS for a while so not using the shampoo). The conditioner is really nice, but full of cones. Maybe you can use it on occassion and feel a little blonder?:)

Is that John Frieda's or Pantene's ?