PDA

View Full Version : Need help with defining/ holding waves in hair!

bmnks
July 4th, 2009, 09:22 PM
I have 2A/B hair (the frizzy, wavy kind)and have recently discovered a way to get my hair slightly curlier than what it is. I do so by rolling up my hair when it is half-dry and butterfly-clip my hair up so when my hair dries, I get nice waves/curls. BUT, these waves/curls do not always stay that way for long. After 30-45 minutes I let my hair down, the waves/curls usually just kind of loosen, making my hair seem really poofy.

My question is, does anyone know of any products that will help keep my waves and curls to stay wavy/curly for a much longer time? So I don't have to roll my hair up every other half hour to keep my hair look nice? I want my waves/curls to look as natural and shiny as possible. Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance for any response!

Have a great day!

Natalia
July 4th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Aloe maybe? I find it holds my braid waves great :).

Norai
July 9th, 2009, 11:37 AM
I've been wondering the same, my hair doesn't hold waves well at all. I bought some Pantene Curls gel at target yesterday - I figure if it's designed to hold curls, it should hold waves right?

I don't see anything drying on the ingredients list, but then I don't recognize much on the ingredients list. There's a little bit of cones towards the end, but I figure they'll wash out.

Going to give it a try when I wash my hair tomorrow and damp bun - I'll let you know if it works. :)

lapushka
July 9th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Hey, is it just me or is the link in your sig faulty?

JKRBeloved
July 9th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Mousses, gels, curl or wave-keeper type products. Sometimes a particular one works well for a while, but then it doesn't have the same effect later, so then I switch. I actually do a lot of variety in any given week, but right now am enjoying the products from "Curly Hair Solutions" @frizzoff.com