PDA

View Full Version : I am so jealous of this hair I want to vomit!

DreamsOfEmerald
July 3rd, 2009, 03:52 PM
Ok, bit of an overstatement. When i was younger i had extremely thick blonde hair and then it went an extremely dark brown with red highlights. I am a musical theatre student and my absolute idol is a woman called Kerry Ellis who plays Elphaba in Wicked. Her hair is the hair i have wanted forever, i am so completely and utterly jealous of it! her colour is completely natural and she doesn't do anything to it (apart from the picture where it obviously has been curled) and it's so nice and thick! a LOT of my friends who are gifted with such fair hair naturally don't have much of it.
I just thought i'd vent my jealousy and share the hair love!

Kerry Ellis (http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/serenity_skywalker/broadwayonbroadway_004.jpg)

Kerry Ellis #2 (http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/serenity_skywalker/4299488087a7185322079l.jpg)

Kerry Ellis & Josh Groban (http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/serenity_skywalker/JoshKerry.jpg)

so jealous :(

neon-dream
July 3rd, 2009, 03:56 PM
Whoah. She does have some stunning hair!!
:thud:

DreamsOfEmerald
July 3rd, 2009, 03:58 PM
Whoah. She does have some stunning hair!!
:thud:
Tell me about it!It makes me depressed! whenever she cuts it it makes me want to cry!!I would love to see it longer!

Beatnik Guy
July 3rd, 2009, 03:59 PM
Her hair's kinda short though? :frog:

turpz
July 3rd, 2009, 04:02 PM
Well if you find a way to steal Kerry Ellis-ness, I'll make you a deal. You have the hair if I can have the voice?!

(Huuuge Kerry fan, she's just amazing <3 )

DreamsOfEmerald
July 3rd, 2009, 04:02 PM
The longest she has it is waist length and then she goes and lops it off to BSl and it makes me want to restrain her! her hair would look amazing if she grew it to classic!Just the colour and the thickness i love!, damn her having that hair naturally lol!

DreamsOfEmerald
July 3rd, 2009, 04:04 PM
Well if you find a way to steal Kerry Ellis-ness, I'll make you a deal. You have the hair if I can have the voice?!

(Huuuge Kerry fan, she's just amazing <3 )
ohhh nooo but i nlove the voice!!! well actually that's fine, i can sing so altough her voice is mindblowing i don't mind keeping mine, i'll deffo take that hair tho!! mine was bleached blonde and actually really healthy and getting quite long but then i tried to dye it again and disaster struck so bye bye notasgoodbutgoodattempt kerry hair!!

Quixii
July 3rd, 2009, 04:06 PM
Ooo, her hair is amazing! I'm admirable of people who can keep long blonde hair natural. :)

Though I thought Idina Menzel played Elphaba? I'm a big Wicked and musical theatre fan too. :D

turpz
July 3rd, 2009, 04:30 PM
Kerry played Elphaba in the London West End, (though did a stint on Broadway this year)

DreamsOfEmerald
July 3rd, 2009, 04:46 PM
she's cut her again :( it lookes so short at GBS!

DreamsOfEmerald
July 3rd, 2009, 04:48 PM
*her hair
*looks

HeatherJenae
July 3rd, 2009, 06:11 PM
Oh my gosh, no offense, but screw that blonde lady. YOU have gorgeous hair Dreams of Emerald! You are the hair of my dreams, for real. Just think that when you're jealous of that singer, other people are jealous of you! :)

RoseRedDead
July 3rd, 2009, 06:16 PM
Ooo, nice thick hair. But like BG said, it is only about waist. Gee, my hair isn't all that shorter than hers.. how come it looks so short in comparison? Ahhh! I have hair anorexia....

But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Not everyone may think her hair looks good. :twocents:

DreamsOfEmerald
July 3rd, 2009, 06:20 PM
Oh my gosh, no offense, but screw that blonde lady. YOU have gorgeous hair Dreams of Emerald! You are the hair of my dreams, for real. Just think that when you're jealous of that singer, other people are jealous of you! :)
Aaaw thank you!! That's so nice!! Well if she does me a trade you can have mine lol!i jsut wish she'd grow it to a nice length booo! :D and your hair in you avatar looks really pretty!i love the colour, it's so nice and rich!

thankyousir74
July 3rd, 2009, 06:20 PM

:giggles wildly: (that's how I know this is LHC :D)

dulce-de-leche
July 3rd, 2009, 06:21 PM
HeatherJanaeyou are so right about DreamsofEmeraldher hair is much more beautiful and shinier.

DreamsOfEmerald
July 3rd, 2009, 06:23 PM
:giggles wildly: (that's how I know this is LHC :D)
Sailor Moon ftw!(love your sig)

sweet*things
July 3rd, 2009, 06:50 PM
I've got a friend with hair almost exactly like that, she's in her 40's and it's natural blond with just a few grays. She varies anywhere between waist and classic length. She doesn't like to go shorter or longer than that. I'm soooo jealous of her hair. She's a singer too, maybe it's in the genes? :D

But, like other posters have said, your hair is TDF! Yours is absolutely gorgeous!

lora410
July 3rd, 2009, 06:58 PM
Hers is pretty but honestly I think yours is gorgeous and very shiny :)

Rentlle
July 5th, 2009, 08:55 AM
woooh, I'm realy a fan of her voice!!
I didn't know her hair was that beautiful once... :)

gmdiaz
July 5th, 2009, 09:05 AM
It is really beautiful.. . .but yours is too. . .and yours is longer & shinier!

Elphie
July 5th, 2009, 09:12 AM
a woman called Kerry Ellis who plays Elphaba in Wicked.

Oh gee, no clue who she is ;-)
Is it sad to say I've admired her talent and quite honestly never noticed her hair until now? Thanks for posting those pics. :-)

Elphie
July 5th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Though I thought Idina Menzel played Elphaba?

Idina Menzel played the original Elphaba, I believe they did a San Francisco run before the Gershwin in 2003. Though many talented women have held the role, my personal favorites are Idina Menzel, Stephanie Block, Kerry Ellis and Willemijn Verkaik.

Ryanne
July 5th, 2009, 09:42 AM
It is very beautiful, but then, yours is too. I have never noticed her hair though, only her amazing voice.

akevita2002
July 5th, 2009, 10:20 AM
DreamsOfEmerald, from what I see in your avatar, your hair looks pretty good, it's so long and shiny, beautiful! Don't let these negative feelings overwhelm you, you should turn all your energy towards your own hair and love it as it is :)
Yes, I know in the neighbour's yard the grass is greener, but it's no good comparing what you have (putting yourself down) with others.

batteredcakes
July 8th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I love her hair! But I love your hair more! It's so radiant and silky looking!

windinherhair
July 8th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Her hair is really beautiful, and so is yours! :)

Nyghtingale
July 8th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Very very pretty hair.

nowxisxforever
July 8th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Pretty! :)

free_hug
July 9th, 2009, 05:06 AM
This might sound like an overstatement to you, Dreams, but for someone who secretly prefers dark hair/eyes (e.g.: me), yours might look way more fab than hers :D

But yes, right, besides the color thats way to light for my taste, her hair is lovely, especially with the wavy ends.

enfys
July 9th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Is she the green one? I'm guessing she wore a wig on This Morning then, or dyed it black! Her voice is very good, but the green isn't such a great look on her.

Her hair is almost long by LHC standards, but for a real life celeb type hers is extremely long to the extreme.

Norai
July 9th, 2009, 10:23 AM
My cousin has hair exactly like that, but even lighter blond. /wistful

MsBubbles
July 15th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Ok...Kerry who?! DreamsOfEmerald yours is absolutely gorgeous!!

Copasetic
July 20th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I'm pretty jealous too! Her hair is beautiful.

longhairedfairy
July 21st, 2009, 12:23 AM
Ok...Kerry who?! DreamsOfEmerald yours is absolutely gorgeous!!
That's what I was thinking, too. If I had to choose between having her hair and the hair in DreamsOfEmerald's avatar I would choose the avatar.

wahmof9
July 21st, 2009, 12:26 AM
Ok, bit of an overstatement. When i was younger i had extremely thick blonde hair and then it went an extremely dark brown with red highlights. I am a musical theatre student and my absolute idol is a woman called Kerry Ellis who plays Elphaba in Wicked. Her hair is the hair i have wanted forever, i am so completely and utterly jealous of it! her colour is completely natural and she doesn't do anything to it (apart from the picture where it obviously has been curled) and it's so nice and thick! a LOT of my friends who are gifted with such fair hair naturally don't have much of it.
I just thought i'd vent my jealousy and share the hair love!
Kerry Ellis (http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/serenity_skywalker/broadwayonbroadway_004.jpg)

Kerry Ellis #2 (http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/serenity_skywalker/4299488087a7185322079l.jpg)

Kerry Ellis & Josh Groban (http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/serenity_skywalker/JoshKerry.jpg)

so jealous :(
Wow if it is your hair in the avatar you have nothing to be jealous of...your hair is stunning.

Aditi
July 21st, 2009, 01:30 AM
I agree. Kerry has great hair but i found your hair lovely too, there is no comparison between yours and hers hair :crush:

Wicked Princess
July 21st, 2009, 02:29 AM
I have to admit...I always liked the aesthetics of darker hair shades than the lighter ones. But what I love the most about this lady's is how thick and healthy her hair is! Whatever products she uses, it's definitely working for her :)

Tressie
July 21st, 2009, 10:48 AM
As nearly as I can tell, the only difference here is color? Your hair is just as lovely, or more so, and dark hair reflects light very well.........shine on!! (o:

LittleOrca
July 21st, 2009, 10:57 AM

I agree. ;)

Newniepg
July 21st, 2009, 11:02 AM
If we are going to talk about jealousy...she is standing next to Josh Groban in that last picture!

She does indeed have pretty hair.

zzstarz13z05
July 21st, 2009, 11:57 AM
her length is my goal! Its so blonde! But Emerald, yours is so much shinier! :-)

pdy2kn6
July 21st, 2009, 12:19 PM
I personally much prefer yours, yours looks packed with moisture

Toadstool
July 21st, 2009, 01:35 PM
I MUCH prefer your hair.:)

EtherealOde
July 21st, 2009, 01:44 PM
DreamsOfEmerald your hairis so much prettier in my opinion. For blonde, I think Quixii has the most lovely hair, gorgeous. I get hair envy here on a regular basis, with all the fabulous manes you all have. I am getting used to the feeling. :p

:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

ChloeDharma
July 21st, 2009, 02:15 PM
The thing is, your hair is so smooth and shiney that it could give a pantene advert girl a complex!

The pictures you showed do look beautiful and i certainly would be happy with it, i would say that hers kind of noticeably lacks shine and yours gleams with it so you have no cause to feel jealous.
I don't really like putting another woman down to boost someone though so although i love your shine i do think hers looks great in it's own right too and i would call it impressively long and thick with a lovely colour.

Bellalalala
July 21st, 2009, 04:54 PM
G'ah! Her hair is spectacular!

Xandergrammy
July 21st, 2009, 05:00 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth, HeatherJenae, but I have to tell you that you already have the hair of your dreams. You and Dreams of Emerald look like identical hair twins to me!!

JamiG
July 22nd, 2009, 03:29 PM
I love her hair too!

NiAosSi
July 22nd, 2009, 03:54 PM
While she does have beautiful hair, I have seen some great hair right here on LHC!

xovictoryxo
July 22nd, 2009, 06:01 PM
gorgeous !

LZYJO
July 22nd, 2009, 07:43 PM
DreamsofEmerald, you have nothing to be jealous of! Your hair is prettier and far healthier than hers.