PDA

View Full Version : What does your long hair say about you?

jera
July 3rd, 2009, 02:17 PM
What do you feel your long hair reveals about your personality?

My long hair says I'm an independent thinker. :D I don't follow fashion trends or the crowd. I'm an individualist.

It also says I'm whimsical. I like faery sprite, wood nymph hair. Picture me peeking at you from between the trees in the thick of the forest. My hair says I'm playful. :p

My hair says I'm mature. It takes a mature person to make the commitment to grow hair long and stick with that vision. If I get damage, I don't throw my hands up in the air and chop my hair off in a fit of frustration. I calmly search for solutions until I find them. :)

What about you?

longhairedfairy
July 3rd, 2009, 02:19 PM
That I'm feminine, unique, and can think for myself instead of being a sheep in the crowd.:D

Lexibeth
July 3rd, 2009, 02:26 PM
I think it says I'm committed. If I can handle my long hair, I can handle anything :P

I think it also brings out a feminine side of me that most people don't realize I have.

GlassEyes
July 3rd, 2009, 02:27 PM
What do I think my hair says?

"As soon as I'm long enough I'm going to wrap around your pretty little neck. Just give me three years. :mad:"

XD;

longhairedfairy
July 3rd, 2009, 02:29 PM
LOL @ GlassEyes.:D

Speckla
July 3rd, 2009, 02:34 PM
It says I'm a very kinky gal. lol j/k

It says I like myself the way that I am and I'm not changing to please anyone.

jera
July 3rd, 2009, 02:54 PM
What do I think my hair says?

"As soon as I'm long enough I'm going to wrap around your pretty little neck. Just give me three years. :mad:"

XD;

Whose neck? Yours or mine? :eyebrows:

Coriander
July 3rd, 2009, 03:02 PM
My hair says that I'm not giving into the heat-styled, chemically enhanced (read: peroxide), typical blonde-Californian look. (Of course no offense intended to fellow Californians.)

I am in my mid-30's and refuse to bow down to the "you're older, you should have shorter hair" trend.

rose_in_bloom
July 3rd, 2009, 03:12 PM
My hair says that I'm not giving into the heat-styled, chemically enhanced (read: peroxide), typical blonde-Californian look. (Of course no offense intended to fellow Californians.)

No offense taken. :D I totally agree, and it drives me crazy. I'm a naturally blond Californian who never heat-styles or chemically enhances.

For me, my long hair means an indefinable feminine beauty that is often lost in our culture. (I don't mean to say that short hair isn't feminine, or that long hair isn't masculine.)

It also gives me the opportunity to create old-fashioned looks, which I love. It makes me feel like a fairy or elf or something, which I also love. :)

WritingPrincess
July 3rd, 2009, 06:40 PM
My long hair says that I have the self-confidence to be the only 14-year-old in my church with hair past waist and the only one who aspires to grow longer. It says I have the patience for a long-term project, and when sometimes I want to throw up my hands and walk away, I'm able to keep going, even though it may seem like it's taking forever. It represents the part of me that would feel more at home in the 19th century, and also the part of me that counts people I've never met as my friends. It has taught me how to take both compliments and rude comments graciously. It has helped me learn to think over the consequences and ponder my motivation before committing an irrevocable action. In short, it says I have the courage to take the road less traveled.

Quixii
July 3rd, 2009, 06:43 PM
It says I'm feminine, committed and an individual. :)

vindo
July 3rd, 2009, 08:27 PM
I think about this very often but I have not fully figured it out yet..let me try:

My hair says:

-I'm different, rarely ever meet people like me with the same interests and character so maybe thats a reason I matched my hair.
-I'm a princess...guess my interest in past beauty, middleages contributes to it.
-I'm growing, not really "aging" or "maturing", just growing in many of lifes aspects..(but gosh how far will I have to grow^^?)

windinherhair
July 3rd, 2009, 08:43 PM
I think my long hair shows that I can be a shy person at first, but once you get to know me I am a lot of fun. I am a compassionate person that loves fairytales and medieval times, so somewhere in there I think my imagination comes to play.

SurprisingWoman
July 3rd, 2009, 08:52 PM
My long hair says I am lazy and cheap. ;)

Bene
July 3rd, 2009, 08:57 PM
i'd really like to think that people don't go making assumptions about me because of my hair. i do, however, look like i'm straight off the boat so i try not to wear certain styles that would get me mistakenly deported.

HisForever
July 3rd, 2009, 09:07 PM
well, when my hair was long, it said that im unique and creative

lambhair
July 3rd, 2009, 10:11 PM
Not sure exactly, I guess it says that I like what I like and do not care for the winds of fashion in regards to hair...not much into conforming as far as style is concerned!
It does stand out and I certainly do not care what others think of it...I am nearing 50 and have no plans on ever cutting my hair again so the "you can't have long hair over ___" just doesn't phase me.

Moonstruck
July 3rd, 2009, 10:33 PM
Haha, ditto the commitment and femininity and all that lovely stuff. I LOVE that idea of being a strange little nymph! I've thought about that many a time, um, but shh. =P

It's meant different things to me in different years. When I was younger, and was teased about everything, it was proof - I'm strong enough. Protection. Non-conformity. It became symbolic of me, at least where I lived. I guess there weren't a lot of others with classic length hair, hahaha!
After that, I donated it part of it to LoL (I know, I know, but I didn't know at the time. =/) and growing it again was part of the whole idea that long CAN be beautiful, and that I could rock both lengths, haha.
The second cut, even more length, was more of a cleansing. I had entered college, I had really started figuring out who I was, and wanted to stop being known as the girl with long hair. I wanted to make sure people were seeing ME and not my length. I wanted to get my past off my back. That cut felt really good, actually.

Now that most of my friends aren't friends with my hair rather than me, I'm comfortable growing it out again. I'd like to donate it yet a third time - I feel lucky and blessed that my hair grows as quickly as it does, and truly do not have the time for it.
Growing it for me has become my way of tracking my health, essentially. It's a product of love. Commitment. Individuality.

I always thought it was interesting that things like diet, drug usage, and stress could be seen within hair. Essentially, your lifestyle. I'd like to keep my hair long as a reminder that everything I do will be with me, so I better keep my butt out of trouble, haha!

getoffmyskittle
July 3rd, 2009, 10:36 PM
My long hair says that I like long hair. :p

Aunteater
July 3rd, 2009, 10:39 PM
It says I'm happy with the way I look, and not fussy about appearances.

It also says I'M A GIRL! ...which was not always clear back in my shaved-head days.

masterofmidgets
July 3rd, 2009, 10:56 PM
-that I don't care what other people think about me, or about fitting in or doing what is fashionable - I do what I think looks good and what makes me happy, and that's good enough for me. I'm unconventional, creative, and free-spirited.

-that I'm a hippie: a longhair stereotype, perhaps, but in my case, I really am a bit of a liberal-progressive voting, earth-worshipping, organic-shampooing hippie. Which I am perfectly okay with! After all, I'm hippie-spawn to begin with (born in San Francisco to parents who met because they both worked as fundraisers for the same nuclear disarmament group and named after a one-armed biker chick who lived in a treehouse).

-that I read too many fantasy novels. Sadly true. Also too many comic books.:p

-that I like long hair!

LittleOrca
July 3rd, 2009, 10:56 PM
I think my long hair says that I have patience to deal with long hair and can commit myself to things (other than asylums. ;) I kid, I kid.)

It adds to my whimsy, my joy, and I love how it feels when the wind gets it... even if it takes a bit to comb it back out.

I think it also says I am not willing to follow society's fashion rules because they are there. Long hair seems to be a no-no with them, but who cares. I love it, I take care of it, and its wonderful! :)

RavennaNight
July 3rd, 2009, 11:40 PM
My hair says I am wild, unique and nonconformist. It is my defiance to convention.

Nera
July 4th, 2009, 06:12 AM
That I'm committed; I don't give up on my personal desires.

EdG
July 4th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Independent thinker. :cheese:
Ed

swanns
July 4th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Funny you should start a thread about is because I've been thinking about it a lot lately (don't have much to think about do I? :D ) I'm not really sure though. I'd like to think it says all those things people have posted here, but I really don't think it does. I think it really just says that I'm unique in that I have long hair, which isn't much, but that's really all I can say.

embee
July 4th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Mine says I'm comfortable to be *me*.

I don't follow the fashions. My attitude must show, as I hardly ever get any kind of flak from anybody about my clothing (not stylish) or my hair or my total lack of makeup. People may think I'm strange (and I've heard that they do think so, second hand) but they don't say it to my face! (big grin here)

inertia
July 4th, 2009, 08:38 AM
To me, my hair says I'm someone who values the fantastic and romantic, and doesn't care about mainstream conventions.

To other people, at least judging by the reactions I usually get, my hair says I work in the entertainment or nightlife industry. In Japan, my hairstyle is really popular in those crowds, so when I wear my hair down I'm frequently mistaken for being one of them. However, when I wear my hair up I'm just a woman with a bun.

wimitlee
July 4th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Youthful and feminine!

desertgirl
July 4th, 2009, 09:07 AM
romantic, dreamer, idealistic, feminine

desire for adventure, desire to be pursued.... desire

patient, devoted, worthy

redeemed

RoseRedDead
July 4th, 2009, 10:00 AM
My long hair says that I like long hair. :p

What she said. :cheese:

GreyLadyBast
July 4th, 2009, 10:29 AM
So I'm being pedantic, but my long hair basically says that I let my hair grow long.:jestor:

Of course, it's appropriate today. With my long red hair, very blue eyes and very pale skin, I look like a walking 4th of July celebration even without my traditional red-white-and-blue attire...

Bast

lil_irish_angel
July 4th, 2009, 10:42 AM
long = loveliness and whit and I am a WOMAN who does not bend like others..

Hair= patience, longevity, confidence

fishwich
July 4th, 2009, 10:48 AM
My long hair says I don't have the patience to maintain short hair or the hipness to pick a more inventive hairstyle. It's very honest that way. :D

RoseRedDead
July 4th, 2009, 10:54 AM
My long hair says I don't have the patience to maintain short hair or the hipness to pick a more inventive hairstyle. It's very honest that way. :D

You know, I agree with this too. I just don't have the time for nor the interest in fashionable hairstyles...

patience
July 4th, 2009, 11:46 AM
That I am confident and at peace with myself. I know what who I am and what I want and I won't cave to society's pressure to mold me into something I'm not.

Longlocks3
July 4th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I believe my hair shows my patience and commitment to my hair. Hopefully this can be transferred to other parts of my life.

rockkcor
July 4th, 2009, 12:31 PM
First of all that I am a free!
I think that long hair in general shows patience, dedication and many good qualities...
In fact I am not sure that I have them - but I tend to think that others with long hair have them...
I can always be corrected on this one :)

slz
July 4th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Like already said : independant thinker.
And to be honnest : that I'm a show-off, too :D .

Chanterelle
July 4th, 2009, 01:19 PM
that I'm lazy ...

Pixna
July 4th, 2009, 01:27 PM
My hair says that I am strong, feminine, and self-assured, and I don't give a rat's arse what anyone my age is "supposed" to do. :smirk:

Phalaenopsis
July 4th, 2009, 01:34 PM
My long hair says that I'm insecure, that I want to stand out with something cause otherwise I wouldn't feel special. (just being honest here :flower:)

My long hair says that I am a sexual human being and that I am very aware of that.

My long hair says that I want to take care of myself.

My long hair says that you have to be very gentle with me, that I have, what I call, a delicate personality.

noelgirl
July 4th, 2009, 01:58 PM
My long hair says that I march to my own drummer - when I do something, I do it for me.

Fiferstone
July 4th, 2009, 02:25 PM
My long hair says that my appearance is my affair. I'm finally at a point in my life where I do what feels/looks good to me, and I don't care what the world of fashion dictates is "the in thing" anymore. My long hair says that I value my own history, the past is very much a part of my present. My long hair also says that I can stick with something for the long (20 years and more) haul. I'm not a quitter.

gmdiaz
July 4th, 2009, 02:30 PM
My long hair says that my appearance is my affair. I'm finally at a point in my life where I do what feels/looks good to me, and I don't care what the world of fashion dictates is "the in thing" anymore. My long hair says that I value my own history, the past is very much a part of my present. My long hair also says that I can stick with something for the long (20 years and more) haul. I'm not a quitter.

I love this and couldn't have said it better! :cheese:

jera
July 4th, 2009, 03:13 PM
I think my long hair says that I have patience to deal with long hair and can commit myself to things (other than asylums. ;) I kid, I kid.)

It adds to my whimsy, my joy, and I love how it feels when the wind gets it... even if it takes a bit to comb it back out.

I think it also says I am not willing to follow society's fashion rules because they are there. Long hair seems to be a no-no with them, but who cares. I love it, I take care of it, and its wonderful! :)

I feel the same about mine. ;) Sad long hair is frowned upon by fashion most of the time. They don't know what they're missing. :D

Speckla
July 4th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Actually, my hair doesn't say anything because I'd be reaching for the holy water to do a rinse if it did speak! And I'd follow that up with an annointing of olive oil. ;)

Dementia1013
July 4th, 2009, 05:29 PM
My hair says:

-that I like to have fun
-I'm not trendy
-I'm unique
-I too love fairy and inch hair and would love to run barefoot throught the forest or fly over a field of flowers
-that my favorite color is purple lol.
-that i'm feminine and adore playing with my hair.

And as my husband would say...

-that I'm crazy... and love it. :cheese:

Natalia
July 4th, 2009, 05:54 PM
My hair says i like to be ultra femenine and have the versatility to go from clean cut (no pun intended :p) to free spirit to vixen and i like to be a bit odd/quirky/unusual.

nowxisxforever
July 4th, 2009, 07:07 PM
That I'm low-maintenance and patient.

Pegasus Marsters
July 4th, 2009, 07:23 PM
My hair says that I'm too cheap and poor to pay to get a cut every 4 weeks in order to maintain a cute wash-and-go pixie.

It says that I'm too lazy to style my hair in any way other than a cinnamon bun.

It says "Damn, this girl really needs to dye her roots."

Carrie Ingalls
July 4th, 2009, 08:19 PM
It says the even though most of my clothes are/have been hand-me-downs I have some really great genes!!

rapunzhell13
July 4th, 2009, 09:49 PM
My hair says that I'm too cheap and poor to pay to get a cut every 4 weeks in order to maintain a cute wash-and-go pixie.

It says that I'm too lazy to style my hair in any way other than a cinnamon bun.

The first 2 apply to me as well. :p

jera
July 5th, 2009, 01:07 AM
My hair says:

-that I like to have fun
-I'm not trendy
-I'm unique
-I too love fairy and inch hair and would love to run barefoot throught the forest or fly over a field of flowers
-that my favorite color is purple lol.
-that i'm feminine and adore playing with my hair.

And as my husband would say...

-that I'm crazy... and love it. :cheese:

My favorite color is purple too ! :p

:cheese:

drquartz1970
July 5th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Hmm - what does my hair say about me?

Independent thinker, marches to the beat of their own drum, enjoys being free, and comfortable being myself.

bakertwins2004
July 5th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Mine isn't long yet. BUT it says:

I am a giver. I grew and donated 3 times (before I knew what locks of love was about)
Blond does NOT equal dumb
Blond does NOT equal easy or a flirt

Konstifik
July 5th, 2009, 10:45 AM
I'm patient. Considering how slow my hair grows. :)
Probably also that I am a health-freak, since I try to take care of my hair so much, with as many natural products as possible.
Also that I love colours, considering the deep and varying colours/shades of my hair.
And that I'm not judgemental, since I myself change hairstyle every other day. :D

Phalaenopsis
July 5th, 2009, 11:02 AM
It says the even though most of my clothes are/have been hand-me-downs I have some really great genes!!

I also cheer for my great hairgenes :D

longhairedfairy
July 5th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Actually, my hair doesn't say anything because I'd be reaching for the holy water to do a rinse if it did speak! And I'd follow that up with an annointing of olive oil. ;)
:rollin: Too funny!

enfys
July 5th, 2009, 05:15 PM
It says I'm a bit of a hippy, an artist and in touch with nature and my own body.

It also says I am girly really. A bit.

slz
July 5th, 2009, 05:45 PM
This, too. Most of the time, alas :rolleyes: .

MadPirateBippy
July 5th, 2009, 05:46 PM
My hair says I am too lazy to get haircuts and too cheap to go to a salon, and have found a way to make those vices, virtues.

may1em
July 5th, 2009, 06:44 PM
My hair says I am too lazy to get haircuts and too cheap to go to a salon, and have found a way to make those vices, virtues.

This. I never went into being a longhair wanting to make any statement - I just thought I'd like having long hair (and I do!). I'm also pretty nervous about the idea that anyone would read anything into it except "ooh, pretty."

RedHeadDancer
July 5th, 2009, 07:27 PM
It says I am into versatility, low maintenance, and yes, a bit of a show-off..

Nyghtingale
July 5th, 2009, 07:38 PM
My hair says that I am comfortable enough with myself, not to care what others think.

tinah
July 5th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I recognize when I have been given something truly special; and I'm not going to mutilate it to fulfill anyone else's definition of beauty.

zen_oven
July 5th, 2009, 09:40 PM
My hair says I'm all natural--that I don't feel the need to follow the trends. That I like to feel feminine. That I'm sensual.

eternallyverdan
July 5th, 2009, 11:29 PM
My hair says that I could commit the perfect crime...

This week on CSI:

"So, what was the murder weapon?"
"It appears to have been some sort of rope, but we haven't been able to make a positive identification yet."
"No fibers found on the victim?"
"No. It must be something special that's not prone to fraying and breakage. We don't have any leads."

:p

Kylis
July 6th, 2009, 01:19 AM
IF my hair was long enough already, it would say that I love long hair and that I'm close to earth (my DH said that to me when I was combing my hair with wooden comb, he looked at me and said, you are so close to earth :) probably because I had the wooden comb :))
But that is a good thing!

jera
July 6th, 2009, 01:53 AM
My hair says that I could commit the perfect crime...

This week on CSI:

"So, what was the murder weapon?"
"It appears to have been some sort of rope, but we haven't been able to make a positive identification yet."
"No fibers found on the victim?"
"No. It must be something special that's not prone to fraying and breakage. We don't have any leads."

:p

Wicked !:p But, that's the most creative response I've read. Anyway, with DNA testing being what it is, they'd be sure to find ya somehow.

Pierre
July 6th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Make sure you can commit the whole crime in 864 seconds;) else they'll find a shed hair which won't be hard to trace to you!

My hair says I'm natural and unconventional and have been healthy for at least several years.

PhillyGirl1978@
July 8th, 2009, 07:06 AM
I'm pretty sure my long, henna-red curls say a lot about the kind of woman I am. I think I look kinda hippie and natural, I look like an artist (which I am). I think I look like an earth worshipper (which I am...Wiccan here) When the wind blows in it, it feels kinda Fairy or Goddess like, maybe like I should be barefoot in a sun-dress at the beach with flowers in it! Weird..I know....that's just the picture I get in my head!lol

Sheltie_Momma
July 8th, 2009, 07:25 AM
My long hair says that I have the self-confidence to be the only 14-year-old in my church with hair past waist and the only one who aspires to grow longer. It says I have the patience for a long-term project, and when sometimes I want to throw up my hands and walk away, I'm able to keep going, even though it may seem like it's taking forever. It has helped me learn to think over the consequences and ponder my motivation before committing an irrevocable action. It represents the part of me that would feel more at home in the 19th century, and also the part of me that counts people I've never met as my friends. It has taught me how to take both compliments and rude comments graciously. It has helped me learn to think over the consequences and ponder my motivation before committing an irrevocable action. In short, it says I have the courage to take the road less traveled.

I love this.

Wicked Princess
July 8th, 2009, 07:57 AM
I loved reading all the different responses in this thread! I like, especially, that there were so many women who want to have/love having long hair, and looking like their own, unique version of a John William Waterhouse painting :)

I also like how many people admitted that they're just very lazy, hehe! I must admit that it's a great perk to be spending less time on my hair despite my growing it.

Considering how often I try (but most of the time fail) to do pretty, elaborate updos, I think my hair says that I'm too ambitious and focused on my work/studies for me to indulge in the whimsical side of me that wants Rapunzel-esque hair. Of course, even if I wanted to let it down, I couldn't, since I spend most of my time at my lab or...um...passed out on my couch, haha!

This actually raises a sub-question for this thread - what do you think your HAIRSTYLE says about you?! :)

JamieLeigh
July 8th, 2009, 08:26 AM
I'm hoping mine gives the impression that:

~ I'm a great lover of what is natural, since I have all virgin hair at upper-thigh length.

~ I still adore fairy tales, and enjoy feeling like a princess when it's loose.

~ I'm independent and do not run with every fashion trend that strikes our culture. (If my hair doesn't show it, my clothes would - I've been wearing black t-shirts and jeans since grade school. :p)

~ I do love to stand out in a crowd and be recognized by what I feel is one of my best bodily features.

~ I'm patient, since I've got a goal in mind and I'm keeping to it. (again, if my hair didn't show it, my lugging 5 small kids around certainly might. ;))

Sheltie_Momma
July 8th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I think it says I am not like everyone else.

feralnature
July 8th, 2009, 01:31 PM
My long hair says that I have a feral nature.

Katurday
July 8th, 2009, 01:46 PM
My long hair will say:
- I am feminine.
- I am sensual.
- I am comforting.
- I've got something in me to that is quite old.
- I don't belong here.
- I'm quite greedy.
- I demand attention.
- I'm very pampered and spoiled.
- I'm effortlessly beautiful, inside and out.

shadowclaw
July 8th, 2009, 01:59 PM
What I want my hair to be saying is much like others who have posted so far:

- That I am independent and unique, and not a follower of the crowd. I am cutting my own path in life, not one created by someone else.

- That I am also a lover of the independent and the unique, and celebrate those who choose to follow their own course.

- That I have old-fashioned values and a different sense of what beauty is than the modern world.

- That I am feminine, even if I behave like a man sometimes.

- That I belong in another time, one that is long gone and will probably never be seen again.

- That I am a living work of art, whether my hair looks like a cascading blonde waterfall, or like an intricate celtic knot of braided hair. (ok, so I haven't reached this length yet, but I will in time)

jera
July 8th, 2009, 02:50 PM
I loved reading all the different responses in this thread! I like, especially, that there were so many women who want to have/love having long hair, and looking like their own, unique version of a John William Waterhouse painting :)

I also like how many people admitted that they're just very lazy, hehe! I must admit that it's a great perk to be spending less time on my hair despite my growing it.

Considering how often I try (but most of the time fail) to do pretty, elaborate updos, I think my hair says that I'm too ambitious and focused on my work/studies for me to indulge in the whimsical side of me that wants Rapunzel-esque hair. Of course, even if I wanted to let it down, I couldn't, since I spend most of my time at my lab or...um...passed out on my couch, haha!

This actually raises a sub-question for this thread - what do you think your HAIRSTYLE says about you?! :)

I like this sub question. Hmmmn. I part my hair in the middle or on the side. Very simple and natural, and let loose waves flow over my shoulders and spill down to my waist in a spiral swirl. I think it says I'm natural. But also active. :D Sometimes I bun it up. Which says I'm a hippie with a tendency towards laziness. :o

thankyousir74
July 8th, 2009, 03:06 PM
It means to me that I can make this part of myself look the way I would feel most comfortable with. It helps me live a more exciting life in a world full of mundane, and that no matter what I can always pretend to be a mystical creature :)