PDA

View Full Version : Another re-introduction and a bit of a rant.

April1
April 10th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Hello everyone,

I have'nt been here for quite a few months now, because of moving house and with what happened to the old site.

Some of you may remember me..?..but I had'nt been here all that long to begin with anyway.

Im the girl with the Pilli Torti hair condition..heres a pic..awfull hey..
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s94/PilliTor/new1015.jpg
It has gotten heaps better now my hair has had a lot of damage cut out - but it still exists. Heres a photo with my hair cut, with layers - boooo - taken 29 Dec 2007:
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s94/PilliTor/P1000564.jpg
It has grown 1 inch since then and has also been trimmed twice (2 cms) as well.

Unfortunately, I think my hair grows, on average 1 cm per month, and also unfortunately Im one of those people that MUST get a trim every 8 weeks or it dries out heaps - any tips to help with this situation would be greatly appreciated. This does drive me insane. Ive worked out that with the growth and the trims that I will only have about 5 cms growth by the end of the year:( grrrr.

Well I'll stop talking about that now as its starting to turn into a bit of a rant and not an intro.

My hair routine is this: Sham/cond no sulphates ect 3 times a week, always dry naturally, use jojoba after to control frizzys, and always wear hair in one of those hair clasp thingys as with the awkward length it is Id have to style it everyday for it to look decent!

Anyway, great to be back. Lots to learn! And, LOTS of growing to be done.

Bye all .....April.:)

Mary <><
April 11th, 2008, 06:09 AM
WOW! That is quite an improvement you have there! Your hair is just lovely! Keep up the good work, & welcome back!

lora410
April 11th, 2008, 06:14 AM
I say stick with the routine now if it is working. Also try oiling your ends more and maybe you wont have to trim as much.

Emme76
April 11th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Great improvement. :)

I think we are in about the same stage..and our hair looks a bit similar :)! I am at about the same length and it is frustrating. Usully at this point I would cut my hair....because I would be sick of waiting...but not this time :D..I am really trying to have the patience to grow it out..but it is hard...So I know your feeling....
Good luck and donīt give up!!!!!

/Emme

Ohio Sky
April 11th, 2008, 10:13 AM
April, I know nothing about your hair condition, but perhaps there is a vitamin regimen that could help your growth and your dryness issues? Might be worth checking into.
Welcome back, and good luck with your hair :flower:

DavidN
April 12th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Hi April, although I have never had the chance to say hi to you before, I would like to welcome you back to the LHC, and I think your hair looks wonderful now. Try not to get discouraged, and good luck with your future growing!

TheHuman
April 12th, 2008, 10:40 PM
That's a huge improvement! Your hair looks awesome!