PDA

View Full Version : My hair....and its many changes. time machine please?

DreamsOfEmerald
July 3rd, 2009, 09:57 AM
Ok, so this is my hair journey. It all started out when in year 8 i had enough of my mum forcing me to have boy length hair all my childhood!!so i went on strike and grew my hair. The pictures of it long on here aren't the longest i had it, but i didn't really take many pictures back then because i didn't have a camera. Here are two:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/serenity_skywalker/fgfg-1.pnghttp://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/serenity_skywalker/saddddddddddddd222.png

However...my mother always hated my hair with a passion and one day when the hairdresser came round for a TRIM, to take an inch or so off te bottom my mother had a few words behind my back and off came my hair to bsl. Naturally i was very upset and pissed off. After the initial shock and since i was convinced its all gone anyway so it doesn't matter anymore (very bitter lol) i cut it even shorter, added blonde streaks which i dyed all sorts of various colours.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/serenity_skywalker/LPIC5094.jpghttp://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/serenity_skywalker/LPIC5238.jpg

Then.....after growing it for a little while i dyed it all blonde.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/serenity_skywalker/JadeRebecca70.jpghttp://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/serenity_skywalker/n509656043_1269207_4791.jpg
then i went blue and blonde.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/serenity_skywalker/081222_121637.jpg
And THEN, when the blue had washed out, my hair had grown quite long, was blonde and was in really good condition considering it had been bleached. However, i was getting sick of doing my roots so....
I got my friend to try and help me dye the majority of my hair brown leaving only 2 blonde streaks at the front. The result was TERRIBLE!!!!!! it was patchy and soilver and the brown was just yuck...so i put a darker brown on top.....
and it ended up black!!!!!!!!
So, i went to the hairdressers (numerous ones) andf they said that it would cost hundreds of pounds to get my hair sorted out (esp considering the length) so i was screwed basically since i have no money! So all i could hope to do was stick a lot of lemon juice and sun in spray in my head and hope for the best. But...my hair was in SUCH bad condition after the dying and i honestly thougt there was no way to save it (the hairdresser also agreed) so i had to chop it off AGAIN to just below my shoulders......the heartache never ends!!!!!
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/serenity_skywalker/DSCF4416.jpg
After my week in the sun in spain however, my hair was considerably lighter.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/serenity_skywalker/DSCF4553.jpg
So now starts the long and tiresome journey to grow my hair again back to before my mumn ruined it!! however, it's quite badly damaged so i'm gonna seriously have to do some deep conditioning.
How i miss my hair!!!

Sjirsten
July 3rd, 2009, 10:08 AM
I have to admit that I liked those colorful streaks, I also wanted blue hair a few years ago, but it never happened... Well, I don`t think I would have suited it anyway..
Welcome to LHC and happy growing:)

Heidi_234
July 3rd, 2009, 10:09 AM
Wow good luck with that lady!
Your hair was amazing before the chop. This amazing -> :thud: :) I don't understand your mother though, she'd prefer crazy colored hair over long virgin beautiful hair? I love both, and it suits you in any variation :flowers:, but I guess that's between you and your mom.
Anyway, thanks for the time machine, it's been a great ride. :D And happy growing :flower:

Kiraela
July 3rd, 2009, 10:41 AM
Wow. How horrible! I can't imagine the betrayed feeling you must have had...

The blues did look good, but your original long hair was so amazingly amazing that there really aren't words!

Elphie
July 3rd, 2009, 10:46 AM
Fabulous hair and really cool photos, too. Your hair looks like it stayed in excellent condition despite all of the changes. Welcome to LHC, thanks for posting those!

Zombiekins
July 3rd, 2009, 11:40 AM
Woah, I absolutely love the color streaks! I wish I'd had the patience to do that when my hair was shorter and non-hennaed. Always too damn lazy when it comes to hair....sheesh. :P

Thanks for posting all those cool pictures! :D I love seeing what other people do for fun with their hair.

ericthegreat
July 3rd, 2009, 11:53 AM
I totally sympathize with you on possessive parents. My parents would literally drag me to the barbershop to get my hair buzzed into an crew cut when I was child. Ever since I was 17, when I grew old enough to make my own decisions I did just that and I have kept my hair at a long length(at least long for a male anyway). From 1999 to around 2002 my hair varied from bob length to just below my shoulders, and from 2002 to 2006 I grew it out to midback, and from 2006 to right now I am shooting for terminal.

As for all the crazy colors in your hair, I quite like them. The reason why the color didn't take properly over your hair is that your hair can only absorb so many particles before it simply says no more. I would recommend that for now you simply keep whatever shade you have now and simply do regular weekly oil treatments(coconut and avocado really have worked wonders on my strands) and use a rich conditioner every time you wash. You will grow out all the colored, damaged hair in no time!

Rentlle
July 3rd, 2009, 12:00 PM
hihi, You're like a Kameleon!! :D
all the colors realy suit you :)

Leisje
July 3rd, 2009, 12:05 PM
Wow your longest hair was absolutely beautiful! I'm sorry to hear about all the hair devastation. But I really liked your hair blonde with pinks and blues in it. That was so pretty and cute!

I hope you can get back to where you were originially, without someone sneakily trying to get rid of it.
Enjoy babying your hair and letting it grow. :)

neon-dream
July 3rd, 2009, 12:06 PM
Welcome to LHC! :flowers:
Your original hair was absolutely stunning!!!

PurpleAshes
July 3rd, 2009, 12:08 PM
Your hair looks very nice in all the different colors/lengths :)
Good luck with the growing, you will find many helpful tips here in the LHC

Jason
July 3rd, 2009, 12:09 PM
I love looking at hair history photos, thanks for sharing some of yours. The rainbow colors were cool to try but I like your natural color in the first one the best. Your hair is gorgeous there!

DreamsOfEmerald
July 3rd, 2009, 12:15 PM
oh no she HATED the coloured hair lol i did it just to pee her off since she got my hair lopped off!! i think i'm gonna keep my coloured front streaks though and grow the rest of my hair natural colour. :D

camillacamilla
July 3rd, 2009, 01:13 PM
I am pretty conservative, and usually don't care for colored streaks in hair, BUT you are the first person that I have ever seen that the streaks looked beautiful on. They look really, really good on you. I also liked you as a blonde, and as a brunette lol. Good luck growing out your hair....stick around here with us-this message board is full of great information and words of encouragement. :D

FallenAngel
July 3rd, 2009, 01:23 PM
I think that you will talk about your blonde/blue hair all your life! (I do, about my "youth hair")

You look great in any length or colour! I wish you a good growing. Your long natural hair was absolutely stunning!

Coriander
July 3rd, 2009, 01:24 PM
You are simply lovely, and are really able to pull off the wild color streaks!

Your hair in the first few photos as well as your avatar was absolutely :agape:.

Welcome to the boards! :)

wackyredtangles
July 3rd, 2009, 01:44 PM
I thought your hair looked really cool with all the different colors in it. I didn't like the blond and blue as much, but its your head. I want to do a few streaks of purple and turquoise in my hair.

Have you considered henna? I've heard alot of people who dyed their hair used henna and it got it almost back to normal.

DreamsOfEmerald
July 3rd, 2009, 02:11 PM
i was thinking about henna actually, apparently i need to put some of the reds back into my hair as well as intensively condition lol! THank you for all your lovely comments and yes i'll definitely stick around! i couldn't totally get rid of the colour so my front streaks are staying woop :D some of you guys on here have absolutely gorgeous hair!!!!!

manderly
July 3rd, 2009, 03:16 PM
Your hair has had so much fun!!! :D

Just think of it as your hair had to go through it's wild years before settling down. Welcome to the settling down part again :flowers:

redneckprincess
July 3rd, 2009, 07:21 PM
looks like my hair color timeline, lol

Fifty-Five
July 4th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Your mother certainly betrayed your trust =/ Wow. THAT sucks.

Natalia
July 4th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Wow lot of cool hair along the way! You can pullof so many looks beautifully :D. I cant wait to see all your progress :)

DarkChocolate
July 20th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Your original pictures are stunning. The second one with your hair in front of you looks like it was a model shot:)

My mom did the same thing to me. She suddenly cut my hair from tailbone to shoulder length. Now I am going through the growing phase again and my hair grows at different lengths so it is very frustrating:(

Laylah
July 20th, 2009, 08:18 PM
I loved the coloured streaks! And of course the long hair at the beginning. Happy growing :D

akilina
July 20th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Ahhh I love it allll :D
Looks like a time sequence of my own hair over the past 4 years of highschool haha. And that long hair at the beginning was beautiful!

Wicked Princess
July 20th, 2009, 11:49 PM
I have to say...even when your hair wasn't it's natural color and long...

..it...was...awesome! Those colored streaks looked so great on you! If I had the courage (and patience) to take care of colored streaks that cool, I certainly would :)

That being said, I'm sorry your mother seemed to prefer shorter hair - I can't imagine what that would be like, as my mother seemed to encourage me to have very very long hair even when I didn't want it, haha!

Happy growing, and can't wait to see more of your progress. Everyone's progress is always so inspiring to people who are newbies, like me :)

Chrissy
July 21st, 2009, 05:54 AM
I agree that the fact that your Mom lied to you is awful. I can't believe she did that!!! You have beautiful hair so I'm sure you will have no trouble getting it long again. I wouldn't do anything to it as far as color right now. Just baby it and get it back to healthy. I too love your original picture. The other ones are nice too but I really love your original color and length.

free_hug
July 21st, 2009, 05:59 AM
Wow, i don't understand your mom one bit :/

But it's true, your funky colors were super cute, and so was the thudworthy waterfall of brown hair you started with! Well, have a careful time-journey back there! :flower: You know, i never in my life had gorgeous hair like that, and i wish i could just follow you with no problems! :D

jojo
July 22nd, 2009, 02:32 PM
I prefered your first picture, your hair is my dream hair in that photo. But you seem to have pretty resiliant hair and I am sure before long, your hair will be back to its former glory.

Welcome to LHC, I look forward to seeing your progress.

Bellalalala
July 22nd, 2009, 04:02 PM
Wow.

I can't even imagine.

My mother didn't even ask me to cut my waist length hair when my baby brother came home with lice!
She actually sent me to stay with a friend so that I wouldn't be exposed.

Of course, 6 months later, I got the brilliant idea to chop of 20" of hair and dye it all black, but hey, what are teenage years for?

Only looking back do I understand how patient and accepting my mother was.

adiapalic
July 22nd, 2009, 04:43 PM
Wow, is there any special reason she is so dead-set on keeping your hair short? It's so beautiful, who would want to cut it off? :o

rhondalicious
July 22nd, 2009, 04:58 PM
Oooh, your hair has been beautiful in so many different ways!

My stepmother chopped my hair from tailbone to chin when I was about 9, and I was SOOOOOO upset. So I understand how awful it is when that happens to you.

thankyousir74
July 22nd, 2009, 05:05 PM
:fawns at your exotic colors and wonderful texture:

Either way, happy growing :flower:

luckypenny
July 22nd, 2009, 05:13 PM
o.m.g!!! your hair was absolutely gorgeous!!!!!! Whhy would your mum want to cut such beautiful hair!!??!!??
Good hair growth vibes to you :) Your hair is worth it!!!
XOXO

tarn
July 22nd, 2009, 06:25 PM
Wow!! You certainly have an amazing hair history, and it all suits you so well!
It seems to me that your hair seems to grow fast???
Very jealous of your waterfall cascading hair in the first pic but then the blue looks awesome too! Thanks for sharing - hope to see more of your progress!

Maddy25
July 24th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Wow your hair looks so beautiful long! It looks great in all the photos and I totally relate to you. Ive had so many different colours and dye jobs that I had to cut mine into a pixie last summer because it was in such bad condition and I tried dying it all pink and wow, what a disaster.

RavennaNight
July 24th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Wow! It's too bad your hair got chopped without your consent, but all your pics are stunning! I love all the fun colors!

JamieLeigh
July 24th, 2009, 11:57 AM
I love all the different phases of your hair, lol. Obviously my favorites are the first two photos, but I like the colored streaks too, they're very unique. And of course the one of your blonde curls is TOO cute!! :D