PDA

View Full Version : And today, I sit with bleach on my head.

GlassEyes
July 3rd, 2009, 09:48 AM
I feel so arrogant having two topics about my hair in this forum, but I thought some might be interested.

So I decided to say 'screw it all' and bleach the whole damn thing.

...XD; Not. I'm bleaching two strands in the front, as I stated in another thread I made, oh, two weeks-a month ago?

Anyway, I let my hair soak overnight with a TON TON TON of coconut oil (might as well see if it helps) and already did some test hairballs the night before. I'll post pictures as I dye! I'm doing the bleach, then a two step with henna and manic panic. Wish me luck!

Edit: First photo, after 50 min. of bleaching. Ignore the fact that I look awful and need to shave. xD;

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv172/Astatl/DSCF1814.jpg

SimplyViki
July 3rd, 2009, 09:50 AM
Good luck! Evil jokester... trying to make us all get all up in arms over you taking bleach to your whole glorious mane. :p

GlassEyes
July 3rd, 2009, 09:56 AM
Good luck! Evil jokester... trying to make us all get all up in arms over you taking bleach to your whole glorious mane. :p
Just call me the Forum Jester/Jokester! :jestor: XD

jessie58
July 3rd, 2009, 10:02 AM
Whoa, I thought you had lost your mind!

So now we await pics. :D

teela1978
July 3rd, 2009, 10:25 AM
How fun! What color will your pieces end up?????

ladylibra
July 3rd, 2009, 10:29 AM
*Waits patiently to see the results* :D

GlassEyes
July 3rd, 2009, 10:29 AM
How fun! What color will your pieces end up?????Red. :D

First photo up.

Kiraela
July 3rd, 2009, 10:37 AM
Definately awaiting pictures. What color did you decide for your strands?

ETA: sorry, you posted while I was typing!

teela1978
July 3rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
Red. :D

First photo up.

Just in time for the 4th! You can wear a blue shirt and look extrordinarily patriotic :)

Elphie
July 3rd, 2009, 10:40 AM
Heh heh, you didn't fool me. Looks like it's going nicely!

GlassEyes
July 3rd, 2009, 10:46 AM
Just in time for the 4th! You can wear a blue shirt and look extrordinarily patriotic :)
If only I could have the white too. T_T That's the color I -really- want, but red will do until I feel the need to stop hennaeing. XD

ladylibra
July 3rd, 2009, 10:57 AM
Wow! I like it. :D

GlassEyes
July 3rd, 2009, 11:05 AM
Wow! I like it. :D
Not done yet. xD; That color almost matches my skintone--not a good look. xD;

ladylibra
July 3rd, 2009, 11:37 AM
^^^I disagree. I think the warm golden tone works for you (although I understand a pic often looks different than real life). You are going for more red with the henna though, right? I think that will look awesome!!!

*Sighs* Why can't henna make my hair violet? That would be ideal... :laugh:

GlassEyes
July 3rd, 2009, 11:38 AM
^^^I disagree. I think the warm golden tone works for you (although I understand a pic often looks different than real life). You are going for more red with the henna though, right? I think that will look awesome!!!

*Sighs* Why can't henna make my hair violet? That would be ideal... :laugh:
o-o;; My hair turned burgundy with repeated henna usage, actually. Thank you.

Unofficial_Rose
July 3rd, 2009, 11:52 AM
Looking forward to the "after" pics. Coloured hair is wonderful, especially on the young.

Torrin Paige
July 3rd, 2009, 11:55 AM
Edit: First photo, after 50 min. of bleaching. Ignore the fact that I look awful and need to shave. xD;

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv172/Astatl/DSCF1814.jpg

My dear, you are incapable of looking awful. You have some of the most beautiful skin I have ever seen...and great big doe eyes. Such a pretty boy (and I can call you a boy because I'm old...even when you're 40 you'll still be a boy to me ;) ). I have such a thing for pretty boys...probably because I'm an old married chick. LOL. I can't wait to see the red. I have to live vicariously through those of you that have the guts to go awesome colors...I'm too wimpy.

GlassEyes
July 3rd, 2009, 12:01 PM
Camera flash hides the fact that my skin is god-awful at the moment. Acne issues. D: But thank you.

I'll wash the henna off in an hour, then, depending on the color, I'll dye a second time with MP.

RavennaNight
July 3rd, 2009, 12:31 PM
How awesome! Looking foreward to the end result!

Starr
July 3rd, 2009, 12:38 PM
Pictures! I want pictures darn it!

ericthegreat
July 3rd, 2009, 12:43 PM
Honestly I quite liked your natural color(I'm assuming that's your natural color unless that was an all over color that you did before?). I really do hate the highlighted blonde bimbo look that Hollywood and the rest of society pushes on us as "beautiful". To me dark, rich, shiny locks are the epitome of health.

Coriander
July 3rd, 2009, 12:48 PM
I can't wait to see the end results! :)

GlassEyes
July 3rd, 2009, 02:04 PM
Honestly I quite liked your natural color(I'm assuming that's your natural color unless that was an all over color that you did before?). I really do hate the highlighted blonde bimbo look that Hollywood and the rest of society pushes on us as "beautiful". To me dark, rich, shiny locks are the epitome of health.
Well...I'm not a bimbo. Nor am I blonde. xD And no, that really wasn't my natural color; it's been hennaed several times.

Nor are all highlighted blondes bimbos, or even influenced by Hollywood. And there's nothing wrong with being a highlighted and/or "fake" blonde.

Okay, I've washed off the henna/MP mix, and uh...I'm not exactly sure WHAT the color is at the moment. I'm fairly certan I'm going to have to go through and dye with the MP, but it isn't dry yet so I dunno.

@Starr and Coriander: You'll get them. xD When it's dry and after I dye with the Manic again...if I dye with the manic again.

kwaniesiam
July 3rd, 2009, 02:13 PM
Ooh, I want to see the end results! You're adorable btw ;)

I'm very tempted to slather my entire head with Special Effects blood red. I have half a bottle sitting around from last time I did it almost a year ago >.>

GlassEyes
July 3rd, 2009, 02:15 PM
Oh my god, don't even come IN here mentioning that color, because I'll tell you to do it. I LOVE Blood Red. So freaking MUCH. ARGH.

Actually, I love most SE colors.

It's what I was originally going to dye my hair with, but I'd have to go to Newbury's to get it, or order online, and I, quite frankly, have no patience.

kwaniesiam
July 3rd, 2009, 02:22 PM
:lol: True dat :D I have a half jar of MP vampire red too but it just doesn't compare. I think I'm going to tonight, my hair is weird. That stuff completely washes away in about a month, leaving no trace behind plus I've done it before so I know it will work for me.

GlassEyes
July 3rd, 2009, 02:24 PM
Manic Panic doesn't compare at ALL.

I'm probably going to go out and get some Blood red if the MP doesn't take--which it didn't in the henna mix, though I shouldn't be surprised. I currently have two pumpkin colored strands framing my face.

I feel awkward because I really, really like them, actually. o-o;;

GlassEyes
July 3rd, 2009, 02:41 PM
http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv172/Astatl/DSCF1817.jpg

Still wet and pumpkin-y. XD;

Kiraela
July 3rd, 2009, 02:45 PM
I think they look good too, oddly enough.

jera
July 3rd, 2009, 02:49 PM
Hah ! You are too cool. :D

RavennaNight
July 3rd, 2009, 02:55 PM
Glasseyes, every time I see your perfect ringlets I am in awe. Seriously, you have some of the most perfectly formed curls and the bleaching didn't seem to harm it at all:). End result looks great!

Coriander
July 3rd, 2009, 02:59 PM
I love the color! It looks great with your skin tone and your hair color. :)

RoseRedDead
July 3rd, 2009, 03:03 PM
Sweet.

And I got to agree with Ravenna, your ringlets are just so shiny and perfect it's almost unreal.

Quixii
July 3rd, 2009, 03:27 PM
Oh good! I bet that'll be interesting.

When I saw the title, I was all, "Oh no! I was literally just telling my brother how great his curls were.."

Xandergrammy
July 3rd, 2009, 04:13 PM
I expected to see a photo of you with a gallon bottle of bleach perched atop your head. :gabigrin:

Elenna
July 3rd, 2009, 04:18 PM

Awww, look at those ringlets of yours. Very handsome! :-D

GlassEyes
July 3rd, 2009, 04:54 PM
Oh good! I bet that'll be interesting.

When I saw the title, I was all, "Oh no! I was literally just telling my brother how great his curls were.."
o-o Really? Wow. Thanks!

I expected to see a photo of you with a gallon bottle of bleach perched atop your head. :gabigrin:
No, but now I REALLY wish I had. XD;

Glasseyes, every time I see your perfect ringlets I am in awe. Seriously, you have some of the most perfectly formed curls and the bleaching didn't seem to harm it at all:). End result looks great!
Thank you. This isn't the end result though. XD;

I love the color! It looks great with your skin tone and your hair color. :)
Thank you. I'm undecided if I'm keeping it this color though. Somehow, I doubt it.

teela1978
July 3rd, 2009, 05:23 PM
I like it... but I think it'd look even better if it was redder :)

nowxisxforever
July 3rd, 2009, 05:47 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting the dry picture!

ktani
July 3rd, 2009, 06:30 PM
Looking great so far. I am looking forward to seeing more!

redneckprincess
July 3rd, 2009, 07:04 PM
wating to see the end results...I do very much like your curls

catfish
July 3rd, 2009, 07:47 PM
I like the pumpkin-y color too, it reminds me of how auburn hair looks in the sunlight.

...But, to be honest I can't wait to see what it'll look like bright red....ohh, it's going to look so cool with red ringlets hanging in your eyes like that, I wonder if it will intensify your brown eyes even more, either way, thanks for keeping us updated:D

GlassEyes
July 3rd, 2009, 08:38 PM
Kay, so I'm going to dye them red tonight.

This is the pumpkin dry:

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv172/Astatl/DSCF1822.jpg

I got a few compliments on it, but I'm going to dye them and sleep with it in to make sure it does it's job. D<

teela1978
July 3rd, 2009, 09:06 PM
It looks fantastic! :)

ktani
July 3rd, 2009, 09:10 PM

This is the pumpkin dry:

I got a few compliments on it, but I'm going to dye them and sleep with it in to make sure it does it's job. D<

Wonderful curl restention. Your bleached hair looks shiny and beautiful! I can't wait to see the final colour.

AnneAdeline
July 3rd, 2009, 09:15 PM
Won't the pumpkin color oxidize? You've just used henna so far, right?
I actually really like that color. I wish I could have it all over my head.

I used both Special Effects and Manic Panic on my hair, and they stayed pretty well. I just recently overdyed my henna with "Color Jamz". It was like $6 and still lingering a couple months later. I was surprised that it worked so well, considering it cost half as much.

I'm eagerly awaiting the final product!

Kiraela
July 3rd, 2009, 09:21 PM
Also sitting here metaphorically biting my nails waiting to see the final product!

The pumpkin color really does look good, though.

GlassEyes
July 3rd, 2009, 09:26 PM
Yeah, the orange will oxidize--thus making whatever the end result is darker.

I'm okay with that, because normally the color goes from being bozo clown orange to something richer. Either way, what's done is done, and I won't be bleaching again. xD;

Dementia1013
July 3rd, 2009, 09:31 PM
Can't wait to see the end result! :D

Kirin
July 3rd, 2009, 09:42 PM
LOLOL your opening post scared the stuff out of me, as I just recently bleached henna out of my head. Yes, with the aforementioned head full of henna LOL.

My goodness your hair is soooooo shiny, and the curls are crazy mad gorgeous.

Zindell
July 4th, 2009, 07:02 AM
I'm bleaching two strands in the front...

That is quite cool actually! Well done! :)

ladylibra
July 4th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Oooooh! Look what I missed while working and then partying last night! :o

The pumpkin-y strands came out nice too. Patiently waiting for you to wake up and post pics of the color those strands ended up after the MP...

Elphie
July 4th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Taking way too long....where is the newest photo?

GlassEyes
July 4th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Sorry, I got kidnapped for the fourth and I'm at my dad's house. There won't be pictures until tomorrow.

I will say though, that the red turned out really, really bright. I like it. :D

Elphie
July 4th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Alright. Waiting...but not happy about it. ;-)

ktani
July 4th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Sorry, I got kidnapped for the fourth and I'm at my dad's house. There won't be pictures until tomorrow.

I will say though, that the red turned out really, really bright. I like it. :D

Family time is much more important, enjoy!!! Glad to hear that you like the final colour.

thankyousir74
July 4th, 2009, 06:18 PM

ZOMG I was going to finish reading all the responses in this thread before I posted cos I thought to myself, ehh six pages, I can read it, I'm not in a hurry but DUDE I had to comment like now about how nice I think your curls are! SO NIICE! :D I'll get back to reading now!

P.S. I kinda like how it matches the warmth of your skin but I know by the time I finish reading these responses I'll realize the that color has changed. Either way, Pretty hair!

redcelticcurls
July 4th, 2009, 06:18 PM

Wow, that looks hot!

redcelticcurls
July 4th, 2009, 06:20 PM

This is the pumpkin dry:

I love that color.

Do your curls tend to reform the same way for the most part? I had wondered if you'll get a few strands here and there in neighboring curls.

Mine form up in a fairly similar "clump pattern" with variances in tightness or looseness of the curl, but I realize everyone is different.

redcelticcurls
July 4th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Seeing your pic so close to my sig pic, I thought of how close your color is to mine - on my computer anyway, lol.

Loviatar
July 5th, 2009, 10:47 AM
The pumpkin strands :pumpkin: are cool! I can't wait to see the MP red though.

Special FX blood red - I have bottle of that too. If I ever henna again, I'll probably add it to some of my mixes. Hee. XD

Your curls remain amazing, like some kind of crazy artwork. Love it!

nowxisxforever
July 5th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Any updates yet?

GlassEyes
July 5th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Seeing your pic so close to my sig pic, I thought of how close your color is to mine - on my computer anyway, lol.o-o Mine too. They are quite similar.

Also, I have to separate the strands from the rest of my curls. It's a pain, so I may have to dye more. I'm not going to think about that until my roots start showing, however.

Also, update pending. Hair drying.

However, here's a 'this dried in my crappy bun at the beach' picture from when I got home at 2:00 this morning. It's not -terribly- color accurate, but close.

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv172/Astatl/DSCF1823.jpg

Also, Lovitar, you should--that's how hypnotica gets her color, and it's great.

redneckprincess
July 5th, 2009, 04:07 PM
oooh looks good what color did you go with?

GlassEyes
July 5th, 2009, 04:22 PM
oooh looks good what color did you go with?
Uh. Red.

But if you mean the specific MP color, pillarbox red.

Starr
July 5th, 2009, 04:27 PM
I love the color!

enfys
July 5th, 2009, 04:27 PM
If you ever want to be a pumpkin for hallowe'en...

Can't wait to see the red in it. It sounds cool!

RoseRedDead
July 5th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Looks good, GlassEyes. Even your "dried in a crappy beach bun" hair looks great.

GlassEyes
July 5th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Looks good, GlassEyes. Even your "dried in a crappy beach bun" hair looks great.

Haha, maybe in the picture, but no. XD; It's really QUITE awful.

Okay, so before I forget/go post in the peroxide thread, this is the final picture, so I can stop bugging you all. XD; I feel very vain having this thread, really.
http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv172/Astatl/DSCF1830.jpg

And yes, it they are almost the same color as the shirt, but a bit more pink-toned in real life. Also, excuse the hard-looking hair. I'm experimenting with gel over KCCC and I went a -little- overboard.

I should mention a girl at work one-upped me and came in with her near-waist hair a bright magenta. I felt so much less hardcore. XD;

redcelticcurls
July 5th, 2009, 06:50 PM
GlassEyes, you have gorgeous hair, so pic whore it out! :)

I like the shade of red. It reminds me of really bright Merlot. The curls look fabulous.

I see that we both get the same curl deformation after being bunned, lol.

ETA: It's pretty easy to scrunch out KCCC and gel crunch at least. The hold is worth that initial crunch.

RavennaNight
July 5th, 2009, 06:55 PM
The streaks look awesome! And once again... It doesn't look like you hurt your hair at all!

Elphie
July 5th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Oh my, the red shirt looks great with it! I agree, you achieved what you set out to do, your hair looks great with the added color and you've also retained the healthy hair that you've worked so hard on. Great job!

GlassEyes
July 5th, 2009, 07:45 PM
GlassEyes, you have gorgeous hair, so pic whore it out! :)

I like the shade of red. It reminds me of really bright Merlot. The curls look fabulous.

I see that we both get the same curl deformation after being bunned, lol.

ETA: It's pretty easy to scrunch out KCCC and gel crunch at least. The hold is worth that initial crunch.

HAHA. Oh, curls, how buns are your enemy. D:

And thank you. I actually like that. Merlot colored hair.

And yes, it is. It finaly dried and it's going away. :D

@RavennaNight: Thank you. I'm skeptical that there's no damage, but for now, things appear fine.

@Elphie: Thank you. I can't wait to wear green with them. It's going to look cool.

Overall, I'm happy with the color. I think when it fades I'm going to go to virgin rose, though, and see how that works. My all-time favorite color.

Thanks guys. Both for the compliments and patience with me! XD;

teela1978
July 5th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Yay!!! The red is fantastic!!!

Peter
July 5th, 2009, 08:46 PM
It looks really good!

Dementia1013
July 5th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Looks GREAT! :D

ladylibra
July 5th, 2009, 09:16 PM
http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv172/Astatl/DSCF1823.jpg

I want to yell in all caps how freakin' awesome that color came out. But I know it's rude. :o

But jeez. How freakin' awesome!

I should really look into some violet highlights once I reach my goal of waist length stretched. All over might be a bit much, but strategically-placed areas like this might look cool.

Yes. I think I shall. :D

nowxisxforever
July 5th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Gorgeous! :)

GlassEyes
July 5th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Looks GREAT! :D
Thank you. That means a lot coming from you! :D

Yay!!! The red is fantastic!!!
Thank you!

It looks really good!
Thanks!

I want to yell in all caps how freakin' awesome that color came out. But I know it's rude. :o

But jeez. How freakin' awesome!

I should really look into some violet highlights once I reach my goal of waist length stretched. All over might be a bit much, but strategically-placed areas like this might look cool.

Yes. I think I shall. :D

Oh, I wish i had that. When I get to a length I want to stay at, it'll be so tempting to do this again:

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv172/Astatl/SD532341.jpg

In fact, it's tempting now, but for the moment, I'm good. xD;

Gorgeous! :)
Thanks!

kwaniesiam
July 5th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Looks fantastic. I held off on the red, but you are making it SO tempting!

Redheaded Raven
July 6th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Looks fun and cool:D

Flynn
July 6th, 2009, 01:49 AM

I was thinking exactly the same thing, actually. *Laughs*

The red looks really, really great.

Loviatar
July 6th, 2009, 05:15 AM
o YAY red! That looks fantastic and really suits your skintone. Those green Nightblooming bad boys are going to look awesome XD

Chrissy
July 6th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Glasseyes it looks great. I also think you are becoming an enabler!! :)

ktani
July 6th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Haha, maybe in the picture, but no. XD; It's really QUITE awful.

Okay, so before I forget/go post in the peroxide thread, this is the final picture, so I can stop bugging you all. XD; I feel very vain having this thread, really.

And yes, it they are almost the same color as the shirt, but a bit more pink-toned in real life. Also, excuse the hard-looking hair. I'm experimenting with gel over KCCC and I went a -little- overboard.

I should mention a girl at work one-upped me and came in with her near-waist hair a bright magenta. I felt so much less hardcore. XD;

The colour is amazing! I saw it last night and now again and it is just beautiful.

I was unsure of what shade of red you were going for exactly. If this is it - I absolutely love it! I am not familiar with all of the different brands and colours of red offered for this kind of thing, although I have seen Manic Panic results before and Special Effects.

Kiraela
July 6th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Glasseyes: :thud:

Coriander
July 6th, 2009, 03:22 PM
GlassEyes, I love that color on you! I'm so happy to see it went well and didn't disturb your beautiful curls at all.

Love it! Big thumbs up :D

mugglemomof3
July 6th, 2009, 03:48 PM
You had me going when I first clicked on this thread today. Thought: "OMG have we taught him nothing?????" :) Stinker.

Love the outcome!