PDA

View Full Version : Concerns with Hair Shedding

Jamie Lynn 40
July 3rd, 2009, 09:10 AM
Hi-
Lately I have noticed that my hair is shedding. I didn't think it was enough to be concerned about, but this morning when I rinsed my hair, it seemed to be shedding quite a bit and if it keeps up I am going to be really stressed out.
My hair hasn't been trimmed or colored since January 31st 2009. It is around bra strap length but the ends are starting to get thin. I just clarified it last week and I only wash about once per week. I use coconut, jojoba & camellia oil on it and I also use leave-in conditioners most of the time. I don't know if it really makes a difference if I cone or not.
I take msm, biotin , prenatals & maxi hair so I don't think it is a vitamin definciency. I am really puzzled by this. Do any of you have any suggestions? Thanks for your time.
Jamie

DragonLady
July 3rd, 2009, 11:15 AM
I think it might be the weather. I shed an enormous amount all the way through June. I'm kinda thinking that might happen every year but wouldn't know since I never paid attention before.

I'm looking forward to a whole bunch of new growth in the next three months or so. If that doesn't happen then I'll be stressed.

Jamie Lynn 40
July 3rd, 2009, 01:48 PM
I hope it is just the weather.I just hope it stops before my hair gets thin. Thanks for your reply.
Jamie