PDA

View Full Version : brushing

maaria
July 3rd, 2009, 06:37 AM
What so special about the brushing?? "Falleangel" have put in some new photos of her hair, beside one she wrote -keep on brushing. Now I want to know why!! Iīve read about that special brush which I also should invest in, but I didnīt see anything about brushing so much:confused:. I brush usually with my finger. Itīs maybe stimulate your scalp or..?:)

redneckprincess
July 3rd, 2009, 07:00 AM
some say brush some (mostly curlys) say dont, I think you just have to have a brush without the nubbies things at the ends of the brissles..or a boar brissle brush...I think they can be stimulating and help distributate the oils, natural or otherwise

maaria
July 3rd, 2009, 07:38 AM
Ok, thanx for the information:flower:

Dvips
July 3rd, 2009, 07:53 AM
Yes... if your hair likes brushing, then it helps ;) mostly by distributing sebum/oils and stimulating the scalp. People here seems to like natural boar bristle brushes and/or Denman brushes.

My hair - thin and fine and slightly wavy - doesn't seem to respond well to brushing. I think that my strands may be too fragile to take it.

dukkelisa
July 4th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I have been for and against it. For me, as in most everything I have experienced with long hair, it seems to depend on the length. I brushed when my hair was short. I combed when it was shoulder-length and then up until it was waist length, I preferred not to use either, but strictly finger comb. I am now at hip length and I feel brushing is best when dry and has been finger combed first. I like how brushing feels (boar bristle) and do it only enough to smooth my hair to twist up into a bun.

OhioLisa
July 4th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I agree with Dvips. It depends on if your hair likes it. My hair hates any sort of brushing. BBBs did NOTHING to distribute oils for me, but rather damaged it instead. I stick with combing once a day, and fingercombing otherwise.

Elly
July 4th, 2009, 10:22 AM
yep brushing is good to distribute oil into the lengths of your hair. That works best with a Boar Bristle Brush. I found that my hair got way more shiny if I brush regulary but i have to warn you at the same time. You gotta be very careful otherwise you might end up breaking your hair.