PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried La Bella Conditioner?

Jeni
July 2nd, 2009, 08:24 PM
Its the Manzanilla Chamomile Flower and Aloe Vera Conditioner.

I picked it up the other day from CVS because (a) it was cheap-34 oz for like $3 and (b) I hadn't tried it/seen it and I love new stuff. I needed some cheap conditioner for rinsing cassia/SMTs and my hair does not seem to like any Suave conditioners.

I don't think it has any cones but I could be wrong, since I was only using it for treatments and such it didnt matter (I'm a cone head). What it does have is castor oil, didnt notice that until I was home. I decided to try it today since I wasn't going anywhere so I didnt care if it made my hair limp/greasy/etc.

My plan was to CWC with it and then after I rinse the last C coat the last few inches (most damaged) with my normal cone conditioner and then use my normal coney leave in on the length. I was really surprised when my hair didnt feel dry or crunchy at all (like it normally does if I don't use cones)! In fact not only did I not use any cone conditioner I didnt even use my normal leave in! My hair felt great, even combing it out was easy. Once dry my hair wasn't any flatter then normal (I have very flat hair) and it SO SOFT, seriously I've had to redo my bun 4 times in the last hour because it keeps slipping out.

SO now Im confused, maybe it does have cones or maybe it's the caster oil?

Ingredents- Water , Cetearyl Alcohol , PEG-40 Castor Oil , Stearalkonium Chloride , Behentrimonium Methosulfate , Panthenol - Vitamin B5 , Matricaria Extract - Chamomilla Recutita , Chamomile Extract , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Tocopheryl Acetate - Vitamin E , Citric Acid , Tetrasodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , DMDM Hydantoin , Fragrance , FD&C Yellow No.

So has anyone used this? Does it have cones?

Oh and if your interested in it here is the rest of my thoughts on it- Not a fan of the smell, its herbally/medicinal, not my favorite but its not horrible and once dry my hair doesn't seem to smell like it. Its runnier then I like but not horribly so, like suave. Its...chunky? Well maybe chunky isn't the right word, my mother said it looked kind of like very smooth apple sauce, creamy it ain't! I found it near but not with the Spanish products.

Kirin
July 2nd, 2009, 09:00 PM
I've used both this, and the henna variety, and no there is no cones. I love the way it makes my hair feel, and its probably the best for CO i've ever used (though the henna I feel is better for CO by a smidge).

The problem I have, is the smell.... on either one of them. The henna one smells like a combo of roses and irish spring soap and very strong, the chamomile one has this, weird musky smell that hangs on all day.

I forwent the smell because they worked so well, but had to give up.... the scent got on my nerves horribly after a month. In the winter, when its cooler, it might not be so strong.

GlassEyes
July 2nd, 2009, 09:09 PM
Oooh--I wonder if the next town over's new uber CVS carries it. I could use something that comes in a 34 oz.

AmericanWoman
July 2nd, 2009, 09:33 PM
I've tried the placenta version and loved what it did tn my hair. I got it at Dollar General and they haven't had it in months. I'll have to check CVS.

Jeni
July 2nd, 2009, 09:55 PM
Huh, so no cones...wonder why my hair didnt freak out?

Yea the smell isn't my favorite but I do love how my hair feels!

Jeni
July 2nd, 2009, 10:04 PM
Huh, so no cones...wonder why my hair didnt freak out?

Yea the smell isn't my favorite but I do love how my hair feels!

If you don't find it at CVS you might try Walgreens. When I was looking for the ingredients list I found this stuff on Walgreen's website ($3.99) so they might also sell it in the stores.

* sorry for the double post, didnt think it posted the first time*

lora410
July 3rd, 2009, 01:38 PM
I have the labella placenta and love it. To me it smells like roses