PDA

View Full Version : Silver Headband Search

ChatoyantLocks
July 2nd, 2009, 07:51 PM
I've been looking for something for a while, and it occurred to me that I could ask here and see if anyone has any idea where to find it.

I'm looking for a silver colored metal headband, plain, and roughly 1/2 -3/4 of an inch wide. It is so basic you would think it would be available everywhere, but for some reason it isn't! My dream headband would be just slightly domed on the top side, and made of something tarnish resistant, like stainless steel, but I'd be happy to find something that was in the ballpark of what I'm looking for!

Flynn
July 2nd, 2009, 07:56 PM
Yah, I'd expect to find that in the chemist shop and the supermarket without trouble!

Actually, I've been having trouble finding metal hair stuff at all lately -- I've been after a plain silver ibis-beak clip; something I'm sure I saw every week at the supermarket... and they are all plastic at the moment! Everywhere!

dorothea-brooke
July 2nd, 2009, 08:01 PM
CL, have you checked out these headbands from Ficcare (http://www.ficcare.com/Products.aspx?collId=36)? They also have a million other styles, too, but this page immediately seemed like the closest match to me.

They're pricey -- but they're Ficcares! :)

ChatoyantLocks
July 2nd, 2009, 08:22 PM
CL, have you checked out these headbands from Ficcare (http://www.ficcare.com/Products.aspx?collId=36)? They also have a million other styles, too, but this page immediately seemed like the closest match to me.

They're pricey -- but they're Ficcares! :)

I've seen those, but they are thinner than I am looking for.

ChatoyantLocks
July 2nd, 2009, 08:26 PM
Yah, I'd expect to find that in the chemist shop and the supermarket without trouble!

Actually, I've been having trouble finding metal hair stuff at all lately -- I've been after a plain silver ibis-beak clip; something I'm sure I saw every week at the supermarket... and they are all plastic at the moment! Everywhere!

I know what you mean about all the plastic! Most plastic hair toys don't last very long around my hair - it's just not strong enough! I've become a big fan of wood and metal!

Flynn
July 2nd, 2009, 08:52 PM
I know what you mean about all the plastic! Most plastic hair toys don't last very long around my hair - it's just not strong enough! I've become a big fan of wood and metal!

It's not even that they don't last long... so many of them are just plain rubbish! They look dodgy, they have seams that catch, and so on and so on.

Darkhorse1
July 2nd, 2009, 09:08 PM
I have a few, but they are thinner and adorned with stones. The one I got that is thicker I got from Claire's. Maybe try there? I'm selling mine as I got it for my brother's wedding but went with a different hair style. There's a photo of it in my albums. Not sure if it's a great pic ;) It's not a solid silver hairband, but multiple thin strands of metal with crytal accents on the top.

freznow
July 2nd, 2009, 09:17 PM
I was thinking to check etsy, but I couldn't find anything. I imagine it wouldn't be hard to make - perhaps you can post on Alchem (http://www.etsy.com/alchemy/)y and see if any etsy peoples could make one for you?

ChatoyantLocks
July 2nd, 2009, 09:20 PM
It's not even that they don't last long... so many of them are just plain rubbish! They look dodgy, they have seams that catch, and so on and so on.

Yes, there is that. :)

I have a few, but they are thinner and adorned with stones. The one I got that is thicker I got from Claire's. Maybe try there? I'm selling mine as I got it for my brother's wedding but went with a different hair style. There's a photo of it in my albums. Not sure if it's a great pic ;) It's not a solid silver hairband, but multiple thin strands of metal with crytal accents on the top.

Claire's looks like a place to check - I haven't tried there, yet! I don't know if I'll find anything plain there, but it's worth taking a look.

ChatoyantLocks
July 2nd, 2009, 09:26 PM
I was thinking to check etsy, but I couldn't find anything. I imagine it wouldn't be hard to make - perhaps you can post on Alchem (http://www.etsy.com/alchemy/)y and see if any etsy peoples could make one for you?

I've tried etsy, and eBay without success. Alchemy sounds like a possibility! Probably wouldn't be cheap, but it does mean I'm not out of options if I can't find one pre-made.

Flynn
July 2nd, 2009, 10:36 PM
I'm in a different country entirely, so I'll be seeing a lot of different stores and ranges to you; would you like me to keep an eye out while I'm looking for my ibis clip?

ChatoyantLocks
July 3rd, 2009, 09:44 AM
I'm in a different country entirely, so I'll be seeing a lot of different stores and ranges to you; would you like me to keep an eye out while I'm looking for my ibis clip?

Sure! Maybe you will have better luck than I have been having. :)