PDA

View Full Version : Is my hair officially 'classic'?

iluvmy67cuda
July 2nd, 2009, 07:09 PM
My hair is pretty wavy/curly. When its wet, or i pull the curls down, the very end hits classic length. But does it count? Because normally you dont see it because of the curls, its shorter. Just wondering.

JamieLeigh
July 2nd, 2009, 07:13 PM
That's your call, I think. A lot of people here don't count the length goal until it's visually met (as in, what it looks like on a daily basis...wavy, curly, etc)....but also a lot of others here measure when wet or stretched, so you'd be in good company if you do. :)

So...congratulations on hitting classic! :D

ladylibra
July 2nd, 2009, 07:23 PM
Yes, it counts. That's your hair's "true" length. If we only go off "visual" length... well, I'm only at my chin then. But obviously I can't get away with a quarter-size amount of conditioner like someone with 1a chin-length hair might be able to do. :laugh:

I think when shrinkage is involved, you have to think of your hair's length 2 ways. ;)

Kiraela
July 3rd, 2009, 10:30 AM
I think it counts, if you want it to count! I hav seen some members who list their hair as two lengths - dry and wet.

Heidi_234
July 3rd, 2009, 10:44 AM
I agree with what said above me. It up to you to decide if it counts or not. I personally measure by stretched hair, but I don't really claim a milestone until my hair is long enough to be that length naturally curly. I see it this way, when I hit a certain length, now it's just the countdown until I'll 'feel' I am this length, because my hair is usually curlier and therefore shorter.
The whole point is to avoid getting disappointed, if you claim a milestone ahead of your time you don't fool anybody but yourself. :flower:

RavennaNight
July 3rd, 2009, 12:36 PM
Congrats on hitting classic! :joy:

Starr
July 3rd, 2009, 12:41 PM
Congratulations on reaching classic! Just because it doesn't look like it, doesn't make it any less real.

Amara
July 3rd, 2009, 03:07 PM
I'd count it because wet is the easiest way to get a consistent measurement.

Forest
July 6th, 2009, 02:30 PM
I would say that absolutely your hair IS classic length, but then maybe your goal might be classic length when dry because it is probably how it looks on a daily basis that is important to you.

Congratulations and happy continous growing!

Cherry_Sprinkle
July 6th, 2009, 03:16 PM
wet & stretched my hair reaches waist length, dry and curly I am mid-back, below BSL so I count the inches but I don't count the visual goal until my curly hair reaches there.

gmdiaz
July 6th, 2009, 07:24 PM
I would say that yes, that's absolutely your length!

But I also like to visually hit the target, since my hair wavy wurls up quite a bit.

I am guessing that I'll have to grow a few inches longer, maybe as much as four inches longer, to look like I have classic length.

Nyghtingale
July 6th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Congratulations!!!!

free_hug
July 7th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Up to you i guess... Classic wet, TB dry as far as i can see on your pics, and TB would already be a length to be proud of, but as long as your hair is so long, wavy and shiny, why to care about such details :D I just love both your color and your waves btw.