PDA

View Full Version : Matching Shampoos and Conditioners?

teela1978
July 1st, 2009, 11:53 PM
I come from a family of people who rarely purchase the same brand of stuff when it comes to haircare products. Generally, our shampoo is very cheap and our conditioners are just a step above.

Coming from this background, I'm always kinda surprised when people start talking about a product line and then mention the shampoo :confused:

Anyway, apparently some people do buy the matched set so I'm curious... do we mostly mix or match?

lizzyjo
July 2nd, 2009, 12:01 AM
Currently, I match only because I like the scent of Suave Coconut shampoo and conditioner, plus they are inexpensive.

Before, I used whatever my mom managed to get on sale.

Krystyle
July 2nd, 2009, 12:01 AM
I went ahead and voted yes because only very recently have I ventured outside the realm of matchy shampp and conditioner. I matched because it was easy and seemed like it made sense.

Shikyo
July 2nd, 2009, 12:03 AM
I stopped using shampoo and conditioner a while ago, but while I was still using them I preferred to use the same line. Occasionally when I changed the shampoo to another brand or so I did use the old condition to the end first as I did not want to waste it just because it did not match with my shampoo.

rapunzhell13
July 2nd, 2009, 12:37 AM
I don't believe you have to get matching shampoo and conditioner for optimal results necessarily, but I usually do it so that I have matching scents. If I do mix and match, I use scents that compliment each other. HTH.

Ryanne
July 2nd, 2009, 12:47 AM
Both. I have one set of matching conditioner and shampoo, but usually nothing is of the same brand.
I have my own hair stuff though, while my mother likes matching. A lot.

Jezzie
July 2nd, 2009, 12:49 AM
I voted for cheese bcos none of the others applied. Sometimes I match, sometimes I don't, depends how I'm feeling at the time, whether I've got leftver 'poo or CO lying around.

Charlotte
July 2nd, 2009, 01:20 AM
Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.... ;)

starla_zero
July 2nd, 2009, 04:58 AM
I don't, no particular reason, I just go for what I think works best as a shampoo and as a conditioner rather than a brand/type.

lavenderblue
July 2nd, 2009, 05:19 AM
I mix and match, choose the shampoo I like most and a conditioner I like and it is not necessarily the same brand. I do find it important that the scents "match"

MomoKoNoHanna
July 2nd, 2009, 06:01 AM
I voted yes because today I purchased matching products. I used to not match leave-in condiontioners if that counts? It usually depends on the conditon my hair is in and what it needs and what the product can provide for me.

curls2grow
July 2nd, 2009, 06:11 AM
I don't. I have many different conditioners and only use one type of "cleansing" product from a different line.

Johanna64
July 2nd, 2009, 06:56 AM
Sometimes I do(Inecto,I love the smell).:)

neon-dream
July 2nd, 2009, 06:59 AM
I'm currently trying CO, so I chose 'people still use shampoo?'
Though when I shampooed, I hardly ever used the same brands - just whatever shampoo was lying around and then a conditioner of my choice.

paper
July 2nd, 2009, 07:04 AM
I voted yes, I use the same S&C. Currently I'm using CO only. But, when I did use S&C, I matched them. :)

yogachic
July 2nd, 2009, 07:14 AM
I pretty much always match, although I don't necessarily believe they work better when both are from the same line. I just might start using non matching scents, because White Rain is available at the Dollar Tree, I just bought a matching s&c, but bought 3 different scents of conditioner to have as extra's because, we've always used more conditioner than shampoo. I have bought Suave pretty much all my life, so far, occasionally trying Herbal essence, garnier fructis, etc, but even Suave has gone above a dollar now. If I like White Rain, I just may stick to that.

feralnature
July 2nd, 2009, 11:40 AM
I picked "matching" as I use matching shampoo and conditioner as a habit as they are usually on sale together and like others on here have said, the scents match. I use Suave or VO5 and do on occasion mix products.I am mostly concerned with using "cone-less" products rather than what brand it is.

deko
July 2nd, 2009, 12:04 PM
I have only two shampoos and too many conditioners so I never match. I use the shampoo that my scalp seems to need at the moment, and select the conditioner by my lenght's needs. I also mix oils and glyserin to my conditioner almost every time so even if I used same brand s & c it would not be the "original match".

LadyLongLocks
July 2nd, 2009, 12:35 PM
Mine don't match. I often find one or the other works, so now I mismatch with what works for me. The companies just want you to buy both and make you think you need too.

lyria
July 2nd, 2009, 12:59 PM
Ok, I picked the cheese option again, but not for the cheese part, for the scent part! I don't know if I'm alone in doing this, but I pretty much choose my products based on scent. And other than my brief and unsuccessful attempt at going cone free, I've never had a problem! In fact, I sometimes think that mixing and matching and changing it up helps keep my hair free of build up from any one product.

masterofmidgets
July 2nd, 2009, 01:09 PM
I mostly use Suave conditioner, but their shampoo is way too drying for my hair, so I don't use it. Even back when I did, though, I never matched scents - green apple conditioner with aloe shampoo, vanilla with ocean breeze, etc. I don't think it really matters.

teela1978
July 2nd, 2009, 01:57 PM
Hmmm... the matchers and mixers were just about even, but it looks like the mixers are gaining.

Coriander
July 2nd, 2009, 02:05 PM
I tend to match because I want to keep the scents on the same page, plus I like to know which bottle I'm grabbing. I've done mis-matched products before and ended up shampooing twice or conditioning twice.

:p

free_hug
July 2nd, 2009, 02:07 PM
when i was young enough, i was told i should take care they match. then i was told this is an urban legend, mainly spread by the producers :D well, seen the results, i am ready to believe the latter theory. still i used to use the same inexpensive honey shampoo and conditioner, for the simple reason that they were cheap, and good.

also, seen and felt the results, i just gave up using shampoo, and i m very happy with it... :)

zen_oven
July 2nd, 2009, 02:11 PM
For years I thought I HAD to have matching shampoo and conditioner. That was mostly up through college. When my then-boyfriend (now hubby) and I moved in together, I didn't really bother with this all the time. I'd usually buy matching but might buy a different condish if it was cheaper, etc etc. Now I hardly ever buy matching shampoo and conditioner. I prefer a V05 or Suave conditioner and I use a Lush shampoo bar. My hubby doesn't care and barely notices what he uses on his hair, so I just buy him whatever shampoo is on sale and he uses whatever conditioner I've got in the shower. Hubby's balding pretty quickly, so he doesn't use much--I bought him a bottle of Suave shampoo three months ago and he's used less than 1/4 of it.

RoseRedDead
July 2nd, 2009, 02:19 PM
I get whatever I like. It doesn't have to match, necessarily. If it does, cool. If it doesn't, also cool. When I was younger, (like... 7 - 11 years old) I remember I liked to buy a matched set of Suave S&C in whatever "flavour" I wanted. :P Nowadays, I use shampoo very very very rarely, so I have like.. 45 bottles of conditioner, and 2 of shampoo.

VanillaTresses
July 2nd, 2009, 02:21 PM
I voted for the last option because recently, I have been just using shampoo and oils, with the occasional SMT. Even when I am/was using S&C, it doesn't have to be matching.

wiggleit76
July 2nd, 2009, 02:29 PM
I voted yes, I absolutely LOVE Kerastase, especially the intensive conditioners and have been using them for the last 4 years - but I tend to mix between the lines they have depending on what my hair need.

redneckprincess
July 2nd, 2009, 02:57 PM
I do like to match my shampoo and cond. just because I just do, ha ha but lately I have been getting good results with a cone free shampoo and a cone condit. so you cant really match with the same brand for that...same sent maybe?

ReddishRocks
July 2nd, 2009, 03:09 PM
To me, matching is secondary to ingredients. I'm also not especially picky when it comes to scent (if I hate it, then it's a no, but if it has exactly what my hair needs and I'm only slightly annoyed by the scent, I buy it anyway!). I'd say I'm almost entirely ingredient/performance driven!

I've only two items from the same brand that I regularly use, and that's Kinky Curly's Knot Today and Curling Custard. I don't use them both because they "go together," but because they both accomplish what I want them to! :D

I used to match products... I had the entire TIGI Curls Rock line before I went CO.

RancheroTheBee
July 2nd, 2009, 03:09 PM
Nah, not personally. Even before I started using shampoo bars, I always preferred a certain condish and 'poo that weren't in sets together.

Feline
July 2nd, 2009, 06:08 PM
I prefer to have my products matching; in practise, I will use up whatever I have on hand. Usually this works fine, but there have been a few instances where I have not been pleased with the results. Fortunately, the mismatches are usually short-lived, just until I can use up whatever it was, and therefore have an excuse to go out product shopping for a fresh supply! :D

Dex
July 2nd, 2009, 06:21 PM
I'm about a week into trying the Aubrey Organics shampoo and conditioner. LOVE the conditioner, jury's still out on the shampoo.

JamieLeigh
July 2nd, 2009, 06:54 PM
You're serious?! People DO still buy shampoo?? :eek: ;)

Bene
July 2nd, 2009, 07:16 PM
i want to vote "no", but i can't vote on the thingy because of the little "i'm not into having my products match." piece after because it implies that there are actual reasons for it, such as having something against matching shampoo and conditioners. don't have anything against my shampoo and conditioner matching, it just never works out that way. i had matching V05 shampoo and conditioner 2 weeks ago, but i finished up the conditioner pretty fast and and using a different scent now, but the shampoo stays over halfway full.

so, count me as a "no" who doesn't agree with the rest of the "no" option available. :D

may1em
July 2nd, 2009, 08:34 PM
Shampoo is primarily for my scalp, and conditioner is primarily for my length. My ends can get really dry, but my scalp is super-oily. They don't have the same needs at all. I also only rarely use cones and sulfates. I've seen more than one matching set out there where the shampoo or the conditioner meets my requirements, but both don't. I don't even match brands.

So no, I don't match. I do have both the 'poo and the conditioner in Vanilla Mint Tea from VO5, but I haven't used the 'poo yet, it's saved for guests and when I need to clarify.

rose_in_bloom
July 2nd, 2009, 10:43 PM
I voted yes, but I don't always match my stuff. It always depends on my mood/how my hair is feeling.

HisForever
July 4th, 2009, 01:40 AM
I match my products mostly for the scent, and I think I just might feel off if I dont match. i dont know? Slight OCD? lol

Carolyn
July 4th, 2009, 05:03 AM
I used to always do that. I've gotten away from it most of the time in recent years. I do mainly CO now so I have little use for shampoo in equal amounts to my conditioner. I like a blue shampoo to go with my blue conditioner. I think they work together. As far as other shampoos go, no. I feel that for my hair shampoo is shampoo. There isn't much special about most kinds. So why bother to purchase S & C in matching sets. A lot of the shampoo has ended up being dumped in my shower get pump just to get rid of it.

Copasetic
July 4th, 2009, 05:46 AM
I picked yes, but its kind of a new thing for me. Right now I am using Pantene Curls shampoo and conditioner, and Suave Coconut shampoo and conditioner.

RavennaNight
July 4th, 2009, 07:15 AM
My shampoo and conditioner rarely ever match. I go through conditioner much faster and dont bother matching at all. SLS is SLS, using a particular shampoo isn't going to make a difference with the effectiveness of the conditioner in my experience. :shrug:

windinherhair
July 4th, 2009, 09:33 AM
I use the same brand for each right now, but before LHC I was always someone who mixed and matched my hair products like the change of the seasons. I like my routine now though, so I dont think I will change. :)

Elettaria
July 4th, 2009, 09:36 AM
I've been faithful to the same product range (http://www.houseofmistry.com/shop/hair-care-c-9.html) for fifteen years (I've occasionally tried others and always gone back), and it has a grand total of three shampoos and two conditioners, plus a few 2-in-1s. I don't like the aloe jojoba shampoo or conditioner, and don't feel a particular need to try the head lice repellent shampoo, so yep, I'm still on a matching pair. When I've tried other brands, I've gone for a matching pair when trying something for the first time, but often ended up mixing and matching depending on what I could get hold of.

patience
July 4th, 2009, 09:46 AM
I buy matching shampoo/conditioner. I don't know why ...that's just the way I shop.

sweet*things
July 4th, 2009, 09:46 AM
I voted yes, because I usually match, unless I'm using something else up, or decide I like one product but not the other. Or if there are raves about one particular item in a line, I'm a sheep and will have to try it. :D

I just switched to a SLS and Cone-free S&C, so right now I'm matching.

Aries_jb
July 4th, 2009, 04:20 PM
I either like CV shampoo bars or sulfate free shampoos, so I typically don't match.

Right now, I'm using Giovanni 50/50 shampoo, but I need a heavier conditioner with it then the one it matches with. However, if it's not a wash day, I think the conditioner is pretty good. I also have a bottle of Abba Pure Gentle shampoo, but the matching conditioner is a leave-in, so I use a non-matching rinse-out.

I just ordered a couple of Aubrey shampoos to try, and I plan on trying them with all my Aubrey conditioners, not just the ones they "match" with. So, while the brand will be matching, the formulas won't. We'll see what happens.

Quixii
July 4th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I'm not really sure what to vote in the poll.
I don't care if my shampoos and conditioners match, but they tend to because if I send my parents out to get me more, they always get it from a matching set. However, I go through conditioners way faster than shampoos, so the other half of the time, I don't match, because I've been constantly trying different brands of late, and get a new brand of conditioner while on the old one of shampoo. :shrug:

batteredcakes
July 8th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I love to match my shampoo and conditioner so my hair can have one smell but I mix it up a bit because I use a deep conditioner sometimes.

Fractalsofhair
July 9th, 2009, 02:00 PM
I generally match the products. I use alaffia, which is a soap based shampoo. I love their conditioner, extremely rich and wonderful, but I'm not the biggest fan of their shampoo's cost. As a result, I might be switching to shampoo bars.

prettigurl
August 7th, 2009, 10:35 PM
I like to use matching products. Today I tried a sample of nexxus therappe shampoo and it was amazing! I'm going to use the nexxus humectress sample as a leave in and see how it works.

systemaurora
August 7th, 2009, 11:51 PM
same line, yes, almost always. but same exact scent/type? probably not. Usually I'll get a dandruff or moisturising shampoo and a super ultra deep conditioner.

sexyjacksparrow
August 8th, 2009, 01:51 AM
I don't match them up very often - I just buy whatever appeals. Most cone-free conditioners are fine with me. Shampoos I'm a bit more picky with, so often the shampoo from one range will suit and not the conditioner, or vice versa.

Kerry xx

cockerspaniel9
August 8th, 2009, 01:57 AM
No, I dont match them.. I only did when I used the same amount of shampoo and conditioner;)

Shermie Girl
August 8th, 2009, 03:36 PM
I voted yes, not because I think that matching products work better... I don't believe that. I have used products from different lines and had lovely results. But I most often match products from the same brand simply because I have this thing about things matching. :p:o:D

purplebubba
August 8th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I couldn't find a choice for me but here's my answer

I've been journaling since March 2004 at LHC.
I've done CO in various methods and have no problem with it.
But over time I got bored with not having anything to write about so I started out trying to buy up any matching pairs of Lavender products.
I've bought Suave, White Rain, V05, and Avalon Organics.
And for the most part I have been using them all since. I had a ton of single bottles of conditioners that I was going to swap after I found them at Big Lots and received some from swapping. But when I moved my brother asked me if he could give them to a friend who makes care packages for the troops so I gave up most of them.
At the moment I'm using up the Avalon.
I don't always use both. And the conditioner is currently in my spray bottle for leave in / detangler.
When it gets used up who knows what I'll buy.

Eden_Rayn
August 10th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Even though I am a COer I voted yes for when I used to use shampoo I always had to match. I just always hated two different scents in my hair.

dernhelm
August 10th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Thinking back to when I did use shampoo, I always did buy the matching sets....easier that way, I guess.

Roseate
August 10th, 2009, 02:26 PM
I have never used shampoo and conditioner at the same rate- always used more conditioner. So I'm never buying S&C at the same time anyway, and I've never thought about trying to match.

Now that I do some CO and dilute my shampoo so much when I do CWC, I barely buy any shampoo anyway!

Fiferstone
August 10th, 2009, 07:35 PM
I'm currently using LUSH stuff (shampoo bars, trying Trichomania now), and I pick based on what each does. I too need a shampoo that can clean my scalp without over-stripping it, but I need to be gentle with the length when it comes to cleansing. Jungle conditioner is working very well for me. I've figured out a way to use it that is both effective an economical (for me), and I'm finding the poo bar that I've used for several years (Karma Komba) to be a bit too drying though I adore the scent.

teela1978
August 12th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Part of why I started this poll was because of a slight misunderstanding on my part in a thread where someone was asking about some brand, and I gave my opinion of that conditioner... then someone mentioned the shampoo and I was really confused. People buy shampoo from that brand????!!!! Never considered it.

The suave thread did it to me too. People use suave shampoo and conditioner together?!?! That sounds like the worst idea ever (I realize some people get good results with this, but I'm under the impression that they're kinda rare).

I love suave shampoo. Shampoo to me is only used to get your hair clean. I don't really care about any other aspect of shampoo (although if it smells nasty I probably wouldn't use it). If I can dilute it a bit and end up with a scalp that isn't greasy then it's great. If it's cheap (ala suave) then it's even better.

I used to love suave conditioner when I was CO. It's light, and did a good job cleansing (when I had better water quality and was still growing out dye... doesn't work now in poor water quality with virgin hair).

Using them together though???? The shampoo is kinda harsh and the conditioner is kinda weak. Not a good combo. I suppose other brands might work well together though. Perhaps I should experiment outside of my usual routine (I've been primarily using suave shampoo with a slightly more expensive/much thicker conditioner since high school). I'm not sure I can bring myself to pay more than $2 for shampoo though.

BeatlesFanGirl
September 14th, 2009, 07:23 AM
I used Faith In Nature Seaweed Shampoo & Conditioner before, now I use Logona chestnut shampoo and Lavera rose cond. I'd prefer the same brand, but if it's not the same it's ok for me.

froglet
September 14th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Well, mine tend to match, but not because I feel that they work better that way. For me it's a scent thing, I like the scents to match. Now that I'm back to using Jessicurl, I just buy my S&C unscented and then scent them according to my mood.

metalgypsy85
September 14th, 2009, 10:04 AM
It doesn't really make a difference to me either way. I'm using the same right now, just cause it's what I have. I buy what I'm curious about.

jasper
September 14th, 2009, 05:41 PM
If I ever buy a matching set, I usually use up one of the products way before the other, And then I am typically not so loyal to a product that I buy it again the next time. I don't shampoo that often, so it takes a while to use anything up and so I usually have mismatched products.

clairenewcastle
September 14th, 2009, 06:18 PM
For years I always felt that using a matching shampoo and conditioner made sense for surely they were formulated to compliment each other not just by their scent but also by their moisturising properties. Also having matching bottles lined up on the bathroom shelf made me look - and feel - more organised. Now I no longer subscibe to this theory. Whatever cleans the best, whatever moisturises the best - I'll use it regardless of brand!
Gave up using cones two years ago and interestingly that was when I changed my mind about matching poo and con. Poo with cones always left residue behind in my hair no matter what brand I used and part of me felt the con needed to match the poo residue left behind. There seemed to be a lot of chemicals involved with cleansing and conditioning my hair in the past, not so now. Purity of ingredients is important to me yet the range of what I'm using on my hair has broadened and when a lot of it is noncommercial eg. eggs, herbs etc the idea of matching brands goes out the window.

burns_erin
September 15th, 2009, 11:50 AM
I am currently matching, for the simple fact that neither of the two give me a rash. It does not bother me to not match and I do not feel I have to to get good results.

Pacific
September 15th, 2009, 01:09 PM
I like to mix and match but sometimes I use products of the same line.

ChrissieM
September 16th, 2009, 06:25 AM
I've been using Lush shampoo bars lately, but Lush conditioners are so darn expensive I don't even want to try them, especially with the amount of conditioner I use. So, I don't match. It's a lush shampoo bar (Karma Komba or Squeaky Green) with Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner that has been working for my hair this past month.

teela1978
September 16th, 2009, 12:13 PM
I've been using Lush shampoo bars lately, but Lush conditioners are so darn expensive I don't even want to try them, especially with the amount of conditioner I use. So, I don't match. It's a lush shampoo bar (Karma Komba or Squeaky Green) with Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner that has been working for my hair this past month.
One of these days I'd like to try a lush shampoo, I keep hearing such nice things about the smell of them. I'm too darn cheap though :)

Irishred
September 16th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Sometimes I use the same, other times I don't. Depends on my sent mood and if DD is with me.

I usually go through at least 2 bottles of conditioner to one shampoo, sometimes more so I buy them that way. I was using Suave Cocoanut shampoo and conditioner and White rain Raspberry conditioner. I just bought another set of stuff. All VO5: strawberries and cream shampoo, sun kissed raspberry conditioner and tea therapy conditioner. Used them this morning. I try to vary product lines when I purchase to help avoid build up. It also depends on which store I go to because they carry different scents and brands. I cannot stand flowery perfume scented stuff.. instant headache just from sniffing them.

Gypsy
September 16th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I voted for using the set, although, I buy sets as long as I like the scent and the purpose (moisture, color maintenance, etc.) but I will also buy a solo shampoo for a specific purpose and use the conditioners that are already cluttering up the shower.
Then again, I have a few different s/c's so I will try different combos or forgo the conditioner in the bottles and slather on cholesteral or oil.
There is no pattern.

bigevilgrape
September 16th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I just get what I can find on sale. And I don't always use conditioner so that outlasts my shampoo by a lot.

JCFantasy23
October 2nd, 2009, 08:20 AM
I dont care if the brands match or not really. I'm sure they say that on the back of the bottles just to sell more of their products, which is understandable. I've liked some conditioners from a company, but not shampoos from that company, and vice versa. Right now by coincidence both my shampoo and conditioner is White Rain, but different scents for each.:D

purplebubba
October 2nd, 2009, 08:41 AM
Head and Shoulders has a new commercial out trying to get people to use the matching conditioner with the shampoos. They claim it works better.

maegquare
October 2nd, 2009, 09:05 AM
No, I've never bought matching sets, unless it was purely by coincidence because of it was on sale or something.

Elfe
October 2nd, 2009, 11:06 AM
I voted for "yes", because I am so weird and like to buy the shampoo and conditioner from one line...But I don't think matching shampoo and conditioner work better, but they look nicer together (I know...crazy^^)

Tinose
October 2nd, 2009, 07:37 PM
When I was using regular shampoo and conditioner, it bugged me to an irrational degree to use different shampoo and conditioner. I didn't think they worked better together, it just drove me nuts if I didn't. Go marketing, I guess?

Silver
November 29th, 2009, 09:21 PM
No, I'm not having my products match - I don't think that makes a difference.

enfys
November 30th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I had to vote cheese because I mix and match my matching mixes.

I will buy the shampoo and conditioner together, usually on 3 for 2 (1 shampoo, 2 conditioner) if I'm trying a new one. I won't always use them together but sometimes I will. If you looked at the bathroom windowsill you'd assume I always matched. Well, you'd assume there were 3 people who always matched...

Asocialisten
December 2nd, 2009, 07:48 PM
I don't. The shampoo I like to use right now only comes in tiny 200 ml bottles. Likewise for the conditioner. Even though it's a cheap brand, I reckon it would get expensive with the amount of conditioner I use when I wash my hair.
So I just buy whatever conditioner I can get my grubby little hands on.

Wicked Princess
December 3rd, 2009, 02:57 AM
When I was using a lightly coned conditioner, the matching non-sulfate shampoo actually worked better than other shampoos. And the scents matched - bonus!

I'm not currently using a matching set now, but may again in the future. I figure if it works for my hair, I'm using it. :D

Funsizedbaby
December 3rd, 2009, 12:14 PM
I usually buy the 2 in 1 shampoo conditioner

TheCatSaidQuack
January 5th, 2010, 08:30 PM
I like to use them same line, only because I'm OCD like that. I have found, however, that there are some 'poos I like better then their conditioners and vice versa. Since I've started COing, though, I haven't had to deal with the worry about matching ;-)

Katrina
January 6th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Different brands for shampoos and conditioners.

itsthatgaljay
January 6th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Cheese :)

I have matching, but that was because I get overwhelmed and didn't know what to buy. I now use tresseme because it seems to work ok. I have the intense conditioner, but I don't think I like it, I might have to go back to Charles Worthington.

Lady Jo
January 7th, 2010, 01:00 AM
I have matching shampoo and conditioner now also..

Sammich
January 7th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Well, I used to be really obssessed with matching the shampoo and conditioner, I was a really really big perfectionist. However, nowadays I don't really mind, I figured my hair likes mixed. What I do mind is the shampoo left from the matching one I was meant to have used with it! I use way more condish than shampoo. :D

ooo
January 7th, 2010, 03:54 AM
I sometimes use the same line, but usually I mix everything. Currently I use a lot of Lush, so there is no line.

Henrietta
August 15th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Yes, I think the products work best when from the same line. Sometimes I like to alternate in between kinds of products, but it is always the same brand and the same line. Now it's Garnier Natural Care, Avocado Oil and Shea butter. I am considering buying a cranberry condish (oh, the smell!) as it's the only cone free one in this line, except of course Avocado one.

poloandpearls
August 17th, 2010, 11:03 AM
I used to buy more expensive / better conditioner & cheap shampoo, but now I care more about my hair & am willing to spend more to keep it healthy, so I feel compelled to buy both from a good salon range.

Dragon
September 13th, 2010, 03:32 AM
I do sometimes.

luxepiggy
September 13th, 2010, 04:41 AM
I always match, mostly because I'm very picky about fragrances / scents, and smelling like a potpourri of different products would give me a headache. That's why my hand soap, hand lotion body wash and body lotion all match each other. One scent for body, one for hair (^(oo)^)

KittyLost
September 13th, 2010, 04:42 AM
I mix and match! A shampoo to do the job and a conditioner for dry hair that smells yummy.

Octave
September 13th, 2010, 05:55 AM
So far from my experience it seems like if I match the shampoo and conditioner from the same line/brand it works much better for my hair.
But, if I run out on something I do mix-match according to what I have available. ;)

Konstifik
September 13th, 2010, 06:52 AM
I'm currently using Z skin repair shampoo and their scalp treatment spray (no conditioner in that line), and I find they work wonders together. however, I don't usually match shampoo and conditioner, as I love to try out new products all the time! Much to my economys suffering. :P

Fiorentina
April 30th, 2023, 04:01 PM
No. I'm not into having my products match.

Nefcerka
May 1st, 2023, 02:25 AM
I used to be into matching shampoo and conditioner. However, many more products are available since those times and nowadays I use a lot more conditioner, so I choose a shampoo specifically for my scalp and a variety of conditioners specifically for my length. I like to alternate two shampoos but 4 or more types of conditioner.