PDA

View Full Version : First Length Shot (and my figure 8 bun :D)

Kanntara
July 1st, 2009, 04:18 PM
I've been a member awhile but just now getting around to posting a length shot :P Seems to be the trend this week.

I cut my hair to waist in January and now I think I'm atleast a good inch past that. Length measures to 35.5". I'm short armed so my hair is already to the tip of my fingers when combing xD much longer and the boyfriend gets to help. :cool:

The down shot
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa62/kanntara/Hair/100_0969.jpg

And the figure 8 bun and how I deal with the "tail" as mentioned in another thread. Apparently my leftovers are longer then I thought :O It's growin'. :cheese:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa62/kanntara/Hair/100_0958.jpghttp://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa62/kanntara/Hair/100_0963.jpg

My ends are a bit dry. :shrug: I did my first clarify this morning so I wasn't sure how much dryness to expect :P Guess I get to hit the oil a little harder then usual tonight.

I've been reading for just about 6 months absorbing all the information and I've just started to put a routine together. All I did before LHC was 'poo the scalp then 'dish the ends and rinse. Then 'dish again while taking care of everything else :D

The routine I'm going to try at the moment.

Daily: Oil very ends with coconut oil
Every 3-5 days: Heavy oil at night (possibly with Nightshade's Panacea Hair Salve, it just smells soooo yummy), wash hair the next day. CWC or a normal 'poo + 'dish. Followed by an ACV.
As needed: Clarify

I love that hair salve so much I may just oil the very ends with it each night as I don't need that much :P and use normal oil for a heavy oiling.

redneckprincess
July 1st, 2009, 04:27 PM
That looks cool I cant wait for my hair to get long enough to do that ♥

coolbreeze212
July 1st, 2009, 05:18 PM
Very pretty! I like your figure-8 with a tail. :)

Ryanne
July 1st, 2009, 05:21 PM
Very cool. Pretty hair too.

Kiraela
July 2nd, 2009, 02:00 PM
It definately looks like you're a good few inches past waist - just judging from what I can see, I'd say you're past hip and on towards TB, but IDK for sure from the down photo.

I like the figure Eight with the tail sticking out. For some reason it reminds me of a fluffy fox tail.

RoseRedDead
July 2nd, 2009, 02:22 PM
It kind of looks like you're about hiplength... but I'd have to see more of your backside (view, not derriere, lol) to be certain...

Very pretty hair. :flowers:

Vainjane
July 2nd, 2009, 04:26 PM
I never know what to do with the bun"tails" either. Your hair is so pretty!

Kanntara
July 2nd, 2009, 05:11 PM
It definately looks like you're a good few inches past waist - just judging from what I can see, I'd say you're past hip and on towards TB, but IDK for sure from the down photo.

I like the figure Eight with the tail sticking out. For some reason it reminds me of a fluffy fox tail.

It kind of looks like you're about hiplength... but I'd have to see more of your backside (view, not derriere, lol) to be certain...

Very pretty hair. :flowers:

Thank you everyone :blossom:
:cheese: fox tail :D I LOVE IT.

Well, I finally pulled out the tape measure and promptly forgot the numbers so I pulled out the tape measure again. 2.5" past waist/since January (it's always been a weed). I believe my official length is called "Can I call this hip yet?" ;) Less then an inch to go but more then 0.5". I have a short torso but a long um "backside". I have about 7" to classic. My tape measure helper left for the evening so I'm not sure the measurement to tailbone.

JamieLeigh
July 2nd, 2009, 07:29 PM
Wow, that's some fabulous and healthy hair! :flower: You look longer than 35.5" for sure! :)

Kanntara
July 2nd, 2009, 07:37 PM
Wow, that's some fabulous and healthy hair! :flower: You look longer than 35.5" for sure! :)

THANK YOU :)

The advantage(?) to being short with a short torso. I'm 5'3" so not THAT short, but add in the short torso it makes me feel like I "cheat" on length measurements.

Kiraela
July 3rd, 2009, 09:04 AM
Kanntara: 5'1 with fairly good proportions, maybe a little short on the torso, so I definately know what you mean about feeling like you cheat. Waist length is 26-27 inches on me depending on how I hold my head. 35.5 was Tailbone! That is one of the reasons that I don't go by numbers anymore - they're so different on different people.

ZadenWillowfyre
July 3rd, 2009, 09:16 AM
Oooo that is very pretty! I've been trying to play with my hair and try different buns.

patissegrietje
July 3rd, 2009, 09:23 AM
Your hair looks much much longer than waist to me too! Very pretty :flowers: *have to go find nightshade's recipe for salve*

bakertwins2004
July 3rd, 2009, 10:16 AM
very pretty and looks thick!