PDA

View Full Version : A sort of a milestone.

RancheroTheBee
July 1st, 2009, 06:33 AM
I can now officially keep my hair up in a ponytail that isn't just a stump. My job (I work as a cake decorator) means I need to keep my hair up all the time (since my company considers anything that hits the collar of your shirt as 'long').

The second bonus of this milestone is that I can put it up and ignore it. I hardly even look at my hair anymore, and unlike before, it's not getting all damaged from me playing with it all the time. That was my big issue; I got over heat styling and conventional dye, but I couldn't stop twiddling with my hair. Now, I just don't have the time! (Also, my hands are covered in icing all the time. :p)

At this rate, I won't have to trim for months! :cheese:

ETA: Now with pictures on page 2!

Fencai
July 1st, 2009, 06:34 AM
Sweet! (no pun intended here!)
That's great! i remember when my pony stopped being a stub! Its a great feeling! Enjoy it!

jojo
July 1st, 2009, 06:40 AM
Congratulations! I remember reaching this milestone and it feel so good to be able to get your hair up too, doesn't it? Well done!

Ryanne
July 1st, 2009, 06:43 AM
That's wonderful! Congratulations!

demitasse
July 1st, 2009, 07:15 AM
Congratulations! I maintain this is the one of the best milestones when growing. I was so thrilled and relieved when I finally got my hair back in a successful ponytail that I called my mother.

Next stop: The bun! :)

Flotsum
July 1st, 2009, 07:16 AM
That's great. Congratulations.

Garnet66
July 1st, 2009, 10:15 AM
That's a wonderful and important milestone.

Kiraela
July 1st, 2009, 10:51 AM
Congrats! That's definately a good milestone for you, and the health of your hair!

Darnit, now I want cake. :/

RancheroTheBee
July 1st, 2009, 12:37 PM
Congrats! That's definately a good milestone for you, and the health of your hair!

Darnit, now I want cake. :/

Haha. Try working in a bakery; cake will start being gross in about a week.

:) Yes! Thank you everybody! Experience has taught me that by the time I get it a little past shoulder, my hair is full enough that I can actually stuff it into a sock bun. (I used to wear a sock bun all the time in junior high; I thought I invented them. :p)

LutraLutra
July 1st, 2009, 12:44 PM
Yay for you. That's a great milestone, once you can pull your hair back it's so much less tempting it cut it too.

Kiraela
July 1st, 2009, 01:00 PM
That's true - I have a cousin who is a baker, and now she won't even LOOK at a cookie if she doesn't have to, when she's not at work.

free_hug
July 1st, 2009, 01:39 PM
Awwwww, this story is so... sweet :D Congrats!

Madame J
July 1st, 2009, 01:42 PM

:) Yes! Thank you everybody! Experience has taught me that by the time I get it a little past shoulder, my hair is full enough that I can actually stuff it into a sock bun. (I used to wear a sock bun all the time in junior high; I thought I invented them. :p)

Ha, I worked at Godiva for 40 hours a week one summer and NEVER got sick of chocolate. Some days I would forget to get a real lunch.

Yay for pony-tail instead of pony-stump -- Last year for my marathon my hair was still so short I had to go for pig-stumps instead of a pony-stump.

coolbreeze212
July 1st, 2009, 05:50 PM
*Sweet*...a real ponytail.....:cheer:

InTheCity
July 1st, 2009, 06:04 PM

I think I'll have to disagree with this one... I used to decorate cakes too and I NEVER got sick of the choppings-off of pound cake (to flip over character molds and have it flat) topped with Rich's whipped chocolate icing. Mmm.

Congrats on your milestone. Damage via fingers can definitely wreak havoc.

MomoKoNoHanna
July 1st, 2009, 07:31 PM
Awesome milestone! I reached that milestone a few months ago then I had to get it trimmed so I could only tie it up a little now I'm almost back but waiting for my next milestone :) Working in fast food sometimes has it upsides. My assistant manager made me start tying it up even though the hairs on my neck line are not longer enough yet. I have to have it tuck under my hat or in a bun. The only bad side is I have to always tie it up because my hair is way to damaged to be let down for the world to see. Oh well I'll keep working on that! They were all telling me to put my hair under my hat yesterday due to the owner of the whole franchise was coming in for a visit. Hehe they were all fussing over it to see if I could get it into a bun but I ended up doing the hat trick! Anyway congrats on your milestone looks like were pretty much the same length?:cool:

MomoKoNoHanna
July 1st, 2009, 07:38 PM

I can relate to this a lot! after working in a fast food restaruent for 2 years I have come to dislike it. Usually its anything deep fried (we deep fry everything but the 3 salads we have. The oil goes everywere in my hair and skin especially yuck. But if I have a holiday then I get the cravings for somethig oily agian hehe.

RancheroTheBee
July 1st, 2009, 10:27 PM
I think I'll have to disagree with this one... I used to decorate cakes too and I NEVER got sick of the choppings-off of pound cake (to flip over character molds and have it flat) topped with Rich's whipped chocolate icing. Mmm.

Congrats on your milestone. Damage via fingers can definitely wreak havoc.

Haha, I cannot stand chocolate icing. I'm such a cake curmudgeon.

:p I was agreeing with you in my head while twiddling with my hair. Back up it goes...

RancheroTheBee
July 1st, 2009, 10:40 PM
It might also be useful to give you a visual.

Here's me in February, with my first ever pony-stub.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b198/emagdalene/user19403_pic32591_1235459863.jpg

And me today, from a more frontal angle. I look so tired because it's 11:00 PM, and I've been awake since 6:00 AM. -_-;

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b198/emagdalene/011.jpg

And the more impressive angle! It's beginning to fall out a bit. :p

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b198/emagdalene/015.jpg

:cheese: