PDA

View Full Version : Amazing long thick hair youtube video!

Orchid_28
June 30th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I was looking through some youtube videos and found this one...Its Regis and Kelly hair makeover and this lady's hair is beautiful! I love how crazy long and thick it was before. The after looks nice and clean as well but I actually liked her hair before. It just looked so natural and reminded me of mermaid hair.
*Link removed because cutting videos (other than to show styling) are prohibited by the TOS*

Angela_Rose
June 30th, 2009, 08:21 PM
I'm sort of bugged by this video. Mostly I think it's that she was mistreating her hair. I have a very similar texture and I can get through it just fine. Dragging a plastic, ball-tipped brush through like that is doing terrible things to the existing follicles!

Also, Regis' comment of "it's still long!" made me giggle. BSL isn't, to me anyway, long. Neither is the waist-length she cut back from! That's our classic hair dysmorphia coming to play, though. I'm at the top of my thighs, so she's pretty short!

hennaphile
June 30th, 2009, 08:27 PM
*Sigh* they could of treated it while it was long. I bet it would have soaked up coconut oil nicely. She had great volume, but just needed to give it some TLC.

What is it with people taking weedwackers to hair?

Bene
June 30th, 2009, 08:34 PM
awwww... all she needed was some oil and some bunning.

what's gonna happen when she goes home and has to deal with it herself? do they ever consider what new habits the person will have to adopt to maintain it? *sigh*

Orchid_28
June 30th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I know I saw her combing her hair so quickly and could hear the snapping...ouch! lol I think she needed a nice conditioner and some oil treatments as well. I thought it was nice before though.

Flotsum
June 30th, 2009, 08:44 PM
I always cringe when I hear a statement like "I took a little of the bulk out." I just know they are going in between at various places and cut and shaving. *shivers*

Quixii
June 30th, 2009, 09:17 PM
I kinda like the new hair.. but I have a lot to learn still. I probably mistreat my hair without even realizing it, just like her. =(

Krystyle
June 30th, 2009, 09:49 PM
This woman was looney for contacting Regis and Kelly for something like this. Her hair was great and all she had to do was take care of it while it was long. Even if she kept it in a bun, it would have been that wonderful "benign neglect" that could have kept it healthy. I guess I can't really point a judgemental finger because I was in the same boat for a little while. I didn't comb my hair because it was falling out like crazy and the ponytail I kept it in didn't help matters so I lopped it off to ear length. Now, I know better.

Phalaenopsis
July 1st, 2009, 01:33 AM
It's LONG. :) (waist or hip is long)

Too bad she didn't know how to care for it.

Natalia
July 1st, 2009, 01:58 AM
Such a pitty to see such an effort to grow go to waste :( ... Watching her brush made me cringe and then they went and glossed her (no need) and blew her out! Sorry im a bit fanatical :p. She could have used a good bunch of deep oilings and an SMT or two plus a good leave in if she didnt like oil. I think that they called her new length long was laughable! Ok im only mid back but longhair begins around hip for me. I hope she grows it again and learns to take better care of it this time. Maybe if she searches her video she will find the link here :D

3azza
July 1st, 2009, 02:06 AM
oh my god, and they call this bad hair? All she just needed some more conditioner or oil and a tiny trim :(

Lexibeth
July 1st, 2009, 02:11 AM
I hate that people do this. I agree with most of you...some oiling, and tenderness would have done the trick. I wonder if it would have brought those curls out as well...

hennaphile
July 1st, 2009, 02:25 AM
Oh and imagine what a little bit of cassia would have done.

We should do our own makeover shows.

rach
July 1st, 2009, 02:38 AM
sadly her after hair is tempery - it's been flatten out, blow dried and products to calm it giving it most that look (not much to do with the hair cut). as rest have said already - she just needed to give it tender loving care, that is more lasting. and she really didn't need to loose that much hair.
that bushing made me cringe :scared:, from top to bottom. no!!!!!!! bottom, creeping upwards!!!!!!!!!!

Lexibeth
July 1st, 2009, 03:10 AM
Oh and imagine what a little bit of cassia would have done.

We should do our own makeover shows.

What a marvelous idea! I'm in.

Chrissy
July 1st, 2009, 06:30 AM
I didn't watch the video after reading everyone's responses. I know it would make me cringe. It's too bad that long unkempt hair is always associated with long hair is ugly. Like you all said all she needed was some lessons on how to properly care for her hair. :(

Armelle
July 1st, 2009, 06:30 AM
I wonder if the show's stylists also teased her hair out a bit before she walked out, just to make it look worse you know? I totally agree that she just needed some careful oiling and care to make her curls shiny and beautiful. That straight style is only going to last the day (speaking from personal experience), and I'm sure she knew this. Anything to get on tv right?

Ranee
July 1st, 2009, 07:10 AM
I would just LOVE to have her 'before' hair. So thick and lucious. It just needed some condish.... I wonder if she's going to regret the make over later on...

Ryanne
July 1st, 2009, 07:38 AM
I doubt she really cared for it before, and now she has a lot of more work to do in the morning.
Some DTs and buns, and it would've looked lovely.

Kiraela
July 1st, 2009, 11:58 AM
I love the fact that her hair was clearly brushing her hips! And it is 'waist length'. Either I'm really shaped funny, or 90% of the population does not know its anatomy.....

I wish I could have popped through the screen, said to her "Your hair is WAVY. Brush=evil. Comb it, oil it, and let it be." and told her about LHC... *sigh*

Orchid_28
July 1st, 2009, 02:49 PM
I know if only she knew about this web site! I actually loved how wavy her hair was. Plus I know her hair wont be that slick straight once it touches water.

Tangerine
September 16th, 2009, 10:45 AM
I saw this video before on another site and I have to say the before hair is one of my hair inspirations .... I cannot begin to put into words how I covet her hair!! Mine will never look like hers cos mine is just very different, but it was just so darn beautiful ...