PDA

View Full Version : How long will it take you to achieve your hair goals?

Pages : [1] 2

GypsyGoddess
June 30th, 2009, 05:36 PM
I realize for some of us, the growing will never end! But for me, my goal is butt-length hair when wavy. I'm hoping the length will take a lot of the curl out of my hair and I did some measuring to figure out my growth rate, added a little in for trims, curl/wave and layering, and I think I will be able to achieve my hair goal by 2015. (That's if it doesn't all end in 2012) ;)

I just realized I have to be in this for the long run and that cutting off all my old hair might not have been the best idea in the universe, at least not if I want quick results.

How long will it take your to achieve your hair goals with your current rate of growth?

And how do you find patience in waiting for your hair to grow?

RavennaNight
June 30th, 2009, 05:50 PM
I should be at 37 inches, or Tailbone/Clerks length (shout out to Dante and Jay and Silent Bob) :lol: in exactly a year. That is my goal. After I get there I will decide if classic is for me. I dunno because I like to wear it down a lot. And no matter what I do, my hair grows approximately 1/2 inch a month. No vitamins or oils or MegaTek has changed that.:shrug: So one year and I will be there solidly. But that means it will have taken me 4 years (Jan 2006 start) to grow from chin to tailbone.

girlcat36
June 30th, 2009, 05:56 PM
My goal is to have TBL hair.
I am afraid I must admit that it will probably never happen, but on the outside chance that it could happen, I think it will take 5 more years. My hair is curly and slow growing.

hennaphile
June 30th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Eight months? But to restore it, I don't know.

utdesertrunner
June 30th, 2009, 06:03 PM
My goal is to have waist length hair and maintain there. I started growing in July 2007 after a chin lenght bob cut. I am now a few inches above BSL. So, I'm thinking sometime around September 2010. So, it'll take about 3 years of growth total.

freznow
June 30th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Well, I'm almost 9 inches from knee. My typical growth rate used to be .7"/month, which would mean I'd reach knee in approximately a year. However, that's barring a slower growth, stall, terminal, or trim... But I like thinking that I'll graduate high school with knee length hair. That's a cool thought.

I'm two feet from floor. That's 3 years at my fastest pace, probably more like 4 if it's possible. I'll be graduating college with terminal length, I imagine.

My fringe will take that time and more until it catches up to the rest of the length.

horseprincess
June 30th, 2009, 06:11 PM
hmmm. I'm guessing my goal could take up until 2011 to reach... but we'll see...

GypsyGoddess
June 30th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Ok, I have a quick question... What is classic? I figured out what terminal is (as long as the hair will grow before stopping) but classic has me baffled.

GlassEyes
June 30th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Ok, I have a quick question... What is classic? I figured out what terminal is (as long as the hair will grow before stopping) but classic has me baffled.

Hair doesn't actually stop growing at terminal; rather, the shed rate of the hair balances with the length, so everytime a hair is shed, another one reaches the length of the rest of the hair. So it sort of just maintains itself. I think. I'm not explaining it well enough. xD;

And classic is butt-length; specifically, the bottom of the bottom. :p

For me to reach classic...I was expecting it to take seven years from the start of my growing (i.e., when I joined LHC), but that doesn't include cutting of damage, etc. Now, I don't know... T_T I'll be happy once it's BSL and I can put it up at this point!

Flotsum
June 30th, 2009, 06:49 PM
I hoping to be at my goal length by 2016. I am still learning what my hair does and does not like so I don't know.

Lexibeth
June 30th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Hopefully a little over a year. I really want waist length, but my hair growth isn't exactly steady. Some months I average a little more than others...I'll probably just maintain after I get to waist length :)

adiapalic
June 30th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Just reached 40" and I'm looking for my first goal to be 45". This will probably take about a year or more. I just take care of it and stay patient.

I hope to reach about 55" after that! :D

patience
June 30th, 2009, 08:09 PM
an estimated 5 to 6 years.

Coriander
June 30th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Well, my first goal is to get to classic, which is in about 6 or 7".

I grow at a rate of 1/4 to 1/2" a month, so it will take me about a year if I'm thinking optimistically.

After that, I want to maintain at classic and trim slowly to get rid of damage. I figure in three years I'll be good.

Rain76
June 30th, 2009, 08:13 PM
I am just above BSL right now, and my goal is waist. I figure I will probably be there in 1-1.5 yrs? Depends on how many times I trim, and whether my hair will stop breaking! I haven't trimmed since I had a hairCUT in 4/08, so it has been over a year since my last "trim." I am trying not to trim, but I am starting to feel the need for one, since my ends are becoming uneven from breakage.:(

kam984420
June 30th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Several years for me. I still need to even my hair up and havent hit shoulder length yet. I hope to be shoulder length by March 2010. After that, maybe waist length by Sept. 2011.:cheese:

ChatoyantLocks
June 30th, 2009, 08:39 PM
My longest strands just reach my knees. I'd really like to reach floor length, if possible. So I need 20 inches of growth. At 2.5 inches of growth per year (yes, year - slow grower here), I should reach it in 8 years, which is 2017.

Sounds about right. It took me from 1993 to 2009 (16 years) to get from above the shoulder to knee length (roughly 40 inches).

ChatoyantLocks
July 1st, 2009, 11:40 AM
Oops! I killed the thread! :o

Kiraela
July 1st, 2009, 11:46 AM
Wel, my next major goal is classic length, which is anywhere from 5-7" depending on humidity and how much better shape I am in by the time I get there, haha. That will take about 10 mo to a year to reach. Past that my goal is healthy ends at classic, with no more bleach damage. That will be a good few years, to be sure.

Cherry_Sprinkle
July 1st, 2009, 11:47 AM
My goal is classic with all of my layers grown out.. I figure 2012 I will have reached it in length.. we'll see what happens with the curl though, sometimes it curls a lot and some times a little so I might actually have to grow to thigh/knee to actually reach my curly goal.. but I figure at 2015 I'll have some decent length ;)

ilandree
July 1st, 2009, 11:49 AM
I wish I knew. I am hip length (actually I have about 10 hairs that reach my tailbone but I doubt that is enough to count it as my hair length ) I want to reach knee length, but since I have never paid ant attention I have no idea how fast or slow my hair grows. I can say that after just 1 mo. using advice from here my hair has shown marked improvement in health so I am very optimistic. Best of luck.

Mrs.X
July 1st, 2009, 11:58 AM
It should take about 18 months to get to my goal of hip allowing for trims but probably another year on top of that to grow out all my layers. This is of course if my hair continues to grow at 1" per month, I'm terrified it's going to slow!

MandaMom2Three
July 1st, 2009, 12:04 PM
Lengthwise, I will be at my goal in a year or 2.THICKNESS wise? I have no idea, I'll have to maintain at that length for a while until the ends thicken up :p

daisy
July 1st, 2009, 12:32 PM
My first goal is classic. I just passed tailbone, so I'm guessing 2 years. I have no idea how fast my hair grows, because I don't measure it. I'm assuming 6 inches a year, but I trim an inch every 6 months, so that's a net growth of 4 inches a year. I probably started around armpit length 3-4 years ago.

Looking back, it seems like I had a period of incredibly fast growth followed by a period of extreme thinning. I attribute the crazy growth to prenatal vitamins, pregnancies, and hair vitamins. I also had great luck thickening my hair by braiding it and not using elastics more than a few inches above the ends (no ponytails). I assumed the thinning was due to a massive change to my diet and exercise about 2 years ago. I actually think I eat a healthy variety of food, it's just that I took a pretty big calorie cut. Thinking about it now, my body was going through pretty big hormonal changes too. Not to mention, I kept experimenting with my hair care routine, and trying everything new under the sun.

Rentlle
July 1st, 2009, 03:10 PM
hmm.. Difficult one.
My goal lenght should be in 2012, but the layers have to grow out, and i have no idea how long that will take...:confused:

enfys
July 1st, 2009, 03:39 PM
I'm about 30" now, and want to get about 44". If I keep up all my pills etc I should be there in 14 months, but I think it will be about three years to get all the layers and dye out.

2012. It will coincide with the olympics.

wahmof9
July 1st, 2009, 03:45 PM
I don't want to think about it, it is depressing...but let see at .5 inches a month....2 years.....

perlexquisit
July 1st, 2009, 03:58 PM
As my hair is thick and a bit slipery, I don't think I want my hair down to my knee. Also, my hair grows 12" per year (without additional vitamins) so it won't take long for me to get there:eyebrows:.

MomoKoNoHanna
July 1st, 2009, 05:57 PM
I only need about another 3 inches for my first goal (shoulder length) which was what it was before I cut it. That will take me mmm? 3-4months (I grow 1 inch a month usually). So I should be there by end of October-November depending on trims. My next goal is BSL after shoulder length that should take me, its 8inches untill BSL from shoulders so thats 8months roughly depending on trims so I say I should be there around June 2010 :)I haven't decided if I want waiste length or classic length or terminal yet. But I think I will go for waiste which will take me 11inches so about 11 months (from BSL length). This is all being calculated on my current growth rate but I'm sure it will change once I hit University next year :D but to get me to waiste length; overall its going to take me 22 months so just over 2 years (that is not including trimming which I might stop once all the damaged hair dye length is gone.) I do mini goals to keep me sane :cheese:

ReddishRocks
July 1st, 2009, 06:02 PM
I'll probably reach my goal before the world ends in 2012. Comforting. ;) It'll probably take another year or two to get all my bits and pieces where I want them though. This stuff just takes time!

I have classic paintings as my computer desktops, each featuring women with long, gorgeous hair. I keep pictures of long hair in my journal. I also keep out pictures of family members with beautiful hair. :D Um, and I also keep handy a few unflattering short-hair photos of myself... ;)

Fiferstone
July 1st, 2009, 06:04 PM
Currently at waist, and I'd like to see if it's possible to achieve terminal length, so I have no idea. Next stop is classic, which given my rate of growth should take another 3 years. Just in time for the world to end:cheese:

Nevermore
July 1st, 2009, 10:23 PM
Roughly three years to floor for me, which is sort of a weird thought.

Elanor
July 1st, 2009, 11:36 PM
I have 11 inches to go, so it's probably going to take two and a half years. I hope I'll have 40 inches of hair by the end of year 2011 :cool:

akilina
July 2nd, 2009, 01:17 AM
My 'short term' goal is apl. This may take about 3-6 inches so roughly a year maybe less. I've never grown out my hair and I would really love to have it long. So longer than apl. But for now apl is that first goal. I'm just letting it happen with time i guess, though. It is very discouraging to me that it takes so long. Anyone have any advice or good words to keep me into growing it? haha

Eolan
July 2nd, 2009, 01:33 AM
I'm thinking somewhere between 1,5 and 2 years. Depending on damage and growth of course. It seems my hair grows a bit slower now than a couple of years ago, but then again I am more impatient now.

drquartz1970
July 2nd, 2009, 02:53 AM
I'm relatively new to this hair growing thing. I'm at present enjoying the journey to gradually longer hair and whatever destination I arrived at length-wise is in the hands of providence. I am naturally curious to discover what my terminal length is so don't know how many years that would take. I'm hoping to ultimately achieve waist length at my current growth would be in about 3 years but would be more then happy to settle on a final 18-24 inches of hair if my terminal length is shorter. Whatever grows after that will be a bonus. I doubt that I would want hair any longer then waist. Butt length hair for me would be too long.

RedJen
July 2nd, 2009, 03:03 AM
I'm already hovering around knee and I haven't decided whether I want to let my hair grow longer than that. I am curious about how long it could get, though. My hair is extremely slow-growing. It took from 1993-2002 to get from just above bsl to TB. TB to classic took just another year or so and classic to knee has taken about 3-4 years (with 2 2" trims.) The only way I will try for ankle or floor is if I can keep most of my thickness at that length.

Bianca
July 2nd, 2009, 04:32 AM
Good question. I'm cutting of a little at a time, so I dont know when I'll reach waist. I'm BSL soon, going to maintain it at that lenght, so Maybe in a coulpe years :) I dont have the guts to cut it all of at once :D

Brianna
July 2nd, 2009, 09:01 AM
I expect I'll reach my main goal of tailbone sometime next year; sometime between the summer and the end of the year, I expect, as I've only about 5 or 6 inches left to go.

After that, I figure it'll take me another 2 to 3 years to grow out my natural hair colour, so I'll most likely be maintaining the length at tailbone for that period.

After that...if I decide to try for classic (I probably will, just to see what that's like) I imagine that will take another 1.5 to 2 years, perhaps. So I'll be at classic with all-virgin hair somewhere between 2014 and 2015 at best. :p

Rivanariko
July 2nd, 2009, 11:35 AM
I just started measuring my hair, so I don't really know what my growth rate is yet.
But assuming about 1/2" a month (that seems to be fairly average around here?) I should be at waist in about a year, I think. I'm not sure though. I've never been able to get it past my midback, where it is right now, but I'm hoping that's just a "false terminal" due to poor management and care. Now that I'm a little more knowledgeable, I'm hoping I can coax it into growing again!

Naluin
July 2nd, 2009, 12:21 PM
Well, my current hair project/challenge gives me a 14-month window. That's the timeline and what length I am at the end of that it is what I've got! I'm hoping that I will end up somewhere between BSL and waist.

My ultimate hair goal is to like my hair, which could take ages. 14 months sounds much more pleasant! :)

Sjirsten
July 2nd, 2009, 12:27 PM
I think/hope I`ll reach my first goal in a year. I initially wanted BSL hair, but now I`m thinking about waist...Hmm, I guess thats normal when hanging out here:)
So, BSL in a year, then I am going for waist!

LadyLongLocks
July 2nd, 2009, 12:39 PM
2-4 weeks and I will be at my length goal. Then the goal is to maintain the ends at my goal of 56.
It will be weird to reach my goal! I have never had one before.

rach
July 2nd, 2009, 12:47 PM
hip to start with , which will be 2/3 years

Vainjane
July 2nd, 2009, 04:32 PM
It will take another year for me to get to waiste length. From there I will decide if I want to tailbone.

Friesiangirl
July 2nd, 2009, 04:36 PM
Well, it's almost APL right now. Maybe a month or two away. I might trim, but I'm undecided. My goal is knee.

I'm 5'3''. So, 42'' to go which would be 7-9 more years. I'll have a family by then, one would think. I'm 17 now. So, 25 years old.

Hayley

JamieLeigh
July 2nd, 2009, 07:44 PM
My ultimate goal is terminal...but it will take me lots more time to get there than most people, since I like the look of blunt ends. There will eventually come a time, though, if I'm looking for terminal, that I'll have to quit trimming and just let it grow. I'm pretty sure I'm nowhere near it right now (I'm just at classic), so I've got quite a bit of trimming I can still do. ;)

Cricket1
July 2nd, 2009, 08:53 PM
Hip! Approximately 3 years.

Cricket1
July 2nd, 2009, 08:55 PM
Though I'll really just be happy when I reach shoulder, seeing as I haven't been there for about 6 years!

Medievalhair
July 2nd, 2009, 09:07 PM
Probaly another 3 to 4 years to reach knees, I'm already at BSL. But thankfully I have fast growing hair.

HappyHair87
July 2nd, 2009, 10:41 PM
My goal is to just gain like 3 or 4 more inches to where i'm RIGHT in the middle of waist and hiplength......so i'm guessing about 6 months. :)...But i would like to grow all my layers out to that length too so i'll say about a year to have my COMPLETE goal.

Blue Willow
July 2nd, 2009, 11:04 PM
My present goal is 45 inches which would be about the top of my thigh. My hair is growing about 1/4" to 1/2" depending on the time of year so if my growth rate stays at this rate I should reach goal in about 18 mos even if I have micro trims from time to time. We'll see..

LZYJO
July 3rd, 2009, 06:23 AM
This thread is so inspiring!

I started from totally shaved in 1-06. Three and a half years, and a heck of a lot of trims, later I am almost at BSL. My goal is tailbone, which should take 20-24 months.

Stick with it everyone! Your goals are possible!!

Dars
July 3rd, 2009, 06:31 AM
I think I'll reach my goal, dry, within a year (I don't measure). My journey started in February of 2007 and it was only 7 months ago that I stopped going to the hairdresser and became more knowledgeable about growing long hair.

Monsterkitti
July 3rd, 2009, 07:20 AM
Im aiming at waist which is now about 6" away so I think a year is pretty realistic as im not sure of my growth rate.

paintedmuse
July 3rd, 2009, 07:32 AM
My goal is hip with no layers... I guess I'll have to wait another 2.5 years. :)

82exoticbeauty
July 24th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Right now is hip length on my hip bones, so I wanted to grow my hair back to classic length! Since I'm 5'0, my hair would be by classic about between November-December 2009! I had classic length hair since 2007 of July so I'm growing back again to classic! Maybe 1 inch longer than classic and that's it, I'll keep it that length!

ericthegreat
July 24th, 2009, 09:26 PM
I'm sitting pretty where I am right now. :D

I am now at butt length and I am really in no rush to grow my hair out anymore. I surpassed my original goal of waist length in June of 2008, so now everything else is just some extra whipped cream on top. :disco:

I'm simply letting my hair decide how long terminal will fall for me and patiently without being in any hurry to get there.

23_seconds
July 24th, 2009, 09:35 PM
||||||||||

Reptilia
July 24th, 2009, 09:36 PM
I would say at least another year. I only have about 5 inches to it, but my hair grows naturally in a V shaped hemline, and I want it all to be the same length, so I imagine it will take a bit longer to get there!

Roseate
July 24th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Looks like about two years from here. I'm already starting to feel pretty happy with my length since I hit APL; it's not back to 'long' yet, but it's getting there. The next few years will just get better!

theskeletonkey
July 24th, 2009, 10:38 PM
My first goal is waist. So, if my hair grows 1/2 an inch a month and I don't trim
I should reach my goal by Nov. of next year.
Fingers crossed!

- Marissa

Nyghtingale
July 24th, 2009, 11:01 PM
I don't do math on Saturdays, sorry

klcqtee
July 24th, 2009, 11:02 PM
My hair grows quickly, so I'm hoping to go from can-I-call-this-APL to somewhere between waist and BSL in a year. I will have long beautiful hair for my senior year! I'm going to try and maintain waist while I trim out the red dye and continue to henna!

redcelticcurls
July 24th, 2009, 11:06 PM
I'm currently at goal, but I do wonder if it would be possible to get to waist curly. I mean, get there and not lose curl, as I don't want to lose curl.

I'm waist or a smidge past with wet hair at this point.

zombi
July 24th, 2009, 11:09 PM
maybe.... maybe two years? three? four? I don't know. I still don't have a good handle on how quickly my hair's growing! And I think as I reach goals, I might want longer... ;)

right now my goal is APL, then BSL. I try to make small ones for myself so I will be happier about it, haha.

krn2891
July 24th, 2009, 11:21 PM
well I refuese to measure my hair monthly, it was causing me to freak out about it to much, but i have about 8 more inches to get to my goal length of 46 inches or classic length so I figure about a year and half give or take a few months.

myrrhmaiden
July 24th, 2009, 11:25 PM
I've just arrived at APL after a few years of asymmetrical bobs and my next goal is BSL. Ultimately, I'm not sure what length will give me the "yes, it is finally long enough" feeling. The longest it has ever been was between BSL and waist, and it didn't feel long enough then. I'll say classic to be dangerously optimistic. That would take a generous three years or so I estimate; so... 2012. Cool. I'll die hot.

sana junaid
August 9th, 2009, 09:36 PM
2 years to acheive my goal :)

Heavenly Locks
August 9th, 2009, 09:41 PM
My goal is a time goal :) I am planning to grow and grow and grow until I have to leave Japan in November 2011. That's about 2 years. I think I will be at least TB by then, hopefully closer to classic!

Syaoransbear
August 9th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Depends on how these vitamins will affect the speed of my growth, but I should be at my goal in one year. I'm not sure what kind of condition it'll be in though, so hopefully I can start growing 1 inch a month and start maintaining the length in half a years time!

Shadow Walker
August 9th, 2009, 09:49 PM
I'm going for terminal, so who knows how long that's going to take. I'm guessing it will be somewhere around 5 to 6 years before I hit ankle, so that's one of my mini goals.

Fethenwen
August 10th, 2009, 04:25 AM
Hmm, I'm starting to enjoy my hair now that it is surely getting long from short. My mini goal is definitely APL, I think I will be there in october maybe. My main goal is waist, just because I have never had such long hair before. It may take many years.

Centifolia
August 10th, 2009, 04:34 AM
My first mini goal is to have a bluntier hemline at waist lenght, growing out my last layer. I think (and wish) that it will be until the year end. My shortest layer will be somewhere past shoulder, though.

I'm thinking in tailbone (with a straight or v-shaped hemline, but I'm not sure yet) as my final goal, so it will take me about four years, i hope.

Shadow
August 10th, 2009, 04:47 AM
At my rate of growth I'd say about 6 gazillion years - and Im only aiming for BSL hehe :D

missfortune9335
August 10th, 2009, 05:31 AM
at least a couple of years 2011 or 2012 for me. right now my goal is just to get my hair to bra strap length, it hasn't been that long since I was a little girl. But I always get the itch to cut my hair after I've been growing it for a couple of years so I'll probably be looking for support on staying away from the scissors is 2010! :p

pink.sara
August 10th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Having cut it all off to 2 inches at the back and having a barely jaw length bob now :o

I think APL = 2011
BSL = 2012
Waist = 2014
Final goal of no damage and blunt ends at Hip by 2015!

Have managed 42 inches from pixie in 5 1/2 years before so will resist the urge to trim till BSL.

lilalong
August 10th, 2009, 06:10 AM
It'll probably take a year to get to waist. Then I will start trimming off damage. It'll probably take another year to get to my goal: healthy hair at waist.

Chanterelle
August 10th, 2009, 06:27 AM
Just a couple of months to reach my goal length of above waist when wavy and then 3 or 4 months more to get rid of layers.

WildCat
August 10th, 2009, 06:29 AM
It will be about two years before I reach tailbone with a blunt hemline and damage. I'll probably grow to classic after that

redneckprincess
August 10th, 2009, 06:35 AM
I have so many mini goals along the way and I dont know how long I will go really so I will say it will be years before I reach my goals ♥

magpielaura
August 10th, 2009, 06:51 AM
My current mini goal is tailbone, but I'm going through a trimming phase from hip to there so its going to take a little longer then I thought! This year I have been trimming half an inch every 2 months which means I'll lose half my growth this year. I think I'll probably continue this into next year (tailbone by summer?), possibly maintain at tailbone for awhile to improve thickness at the ends and then make a dash for classic by not trimming. I might have classic hair by the end of 2011 then, at the earliest. Might take a bit longer though, and I might just stick at tailbone.

What all this about the end of the world? Have I missed something?

Isa-belle
August 10th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Good question. I keep pushing my goal every time I realize that I am going to reach it within the next few months. I used to want waist badly. Then I wanted to grow my hair a little more, but I was convinced I would never want to go beyond hips.
I'm now reaching for classic and I can honestly no longer vouch anymore that I'll want to stop there once I have reached it. :lol: Although I daresay I shall be happy once I reach this milestone. I hope :whistle:

I should have reached classic by next spring, provided all goes well and that I don't need too many trims. :)

shadowclaw
August 10th, 2009, 08:42 AM
I haven't 100% decided on a goal. Originally, I decided that waist or hip would be good, then I decided I wanted more length and made classic my goal. I'm definitely still shooting for classic, but I once I reach that, I may try to go longer... maybe see how long I can get it and then trim it back to classic. However, I am worried that I won't like classic because it will be difficult to style and will probably get tangled if I wear it down, which is usually how I wear it now. Of course, I am looking forward to all the awesome styling possibilities of classic.

Let's see, my hair is 30 inches right now. Classic is somewhere around 46. That's 16 inches to grow. My hair right now is growing at about an inch per month, thanks to vitamins (hopefully it's not just a growth spurt). I don't know if it will continue at that rate, but if it does, that means 16 months. So we're looking at sometime in December of 2010 if I maintain my rate and my ends stay good. If my ends start to look gross, I'll trim them, but I haven't trimmed in over a year, and they still look good.

Arashi
August 10th, 2009, 09:00 AM
From prior experience, I estimate that I will reach my first goal of waist length in about a year and a half to two years. I'm going to maintain at that length for a few months to trim off the very last inch or two of bleach damage and layers I had from so long ago, and then decide whether or not I want to go longer again. Chances are that I'll probably go for hip... I remember that I loved that length even though I only had it for a short time before destroying it with bleach and then doing a huge chop. :eek:

Because I dye my hair, I'm not sure if I could grow it longer than hip without it starting to look bad.. we'll see.

ikn
August 10th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I want waistlentgh, currently my layered and v-shaped hair is BSL at its longest so i dare say that will take a while. Have no idea about how quickly my hair grows...

Ehm... i just have to ask... Why would the word end in 2012? I have heard nothing of the sorts and will thus assume that it will in fact only affect the American continent. Anyone care to elaborate and perhaps restore my opinion of the place?

UrsaMama
August 10th, 2009, 09:44 AM
My primary goal is somewhere between classic and fingertip. I think I should be solidly at BSL by Christmas (not including my layers which will eventually be cut) and then 2 to 2 1/2 years after than. I don't know if I will go beyond that or not.

missmagoo
August 10th, 2009, 11:27 AM
It's so inspiring to read everyone's goals!

My long-term goal is waist, but short-term is BSL, which is about 3 inches more for me, so maybe 6 months?

maria_asa
August 10th, 2009, 11:30 AM
If my hair continues to grow at it's normal rate (1cm/month) it will take me around 2.5 years to reach my mid-thigh goal. I just hope terminal doesn't come before that.

Phalaenopsis
August 10th, 2009, 11:37 AM
One year if I don't trim :)

adiapalic
August 10th, 2009, 11:37 AM
I have my goal as 45", so it should be next year. But when I reach that goal, it's subject to change to even longer. :)

EtherealOde
August 10th, 2009, 12:24 PM
I have several goals, which ultimately culminates in my goal length and condition. My goal length is classic, and I figure 4 years to get there counting dustings and trims as needed. But my real goal is for all of my hair to be healthy and in good condition at that length with a thick hemline. I have no idea how long that will take to achieve.

My current mini goal is BSL, I figure perhaps 8 months or so depending on how my hair continues to grow. After that is waist, and I will likely take a bit of time at waist to give the hemline a chance to thicken and get to looking good. I try not to think too much on the big goal, but rather focus on the smaller goals, because I feel so good when I reach them!

:cheese::disco::cheese::disco::cheese:

Spring
August 10th, 2009, 12:42 PM
My goal is healthy thick waist- length hair. I have to trim back when I reach midback-length, so healthy waist may be 18 months or more away.

metalgypsy85
August 10th, 2009, 02:47 PM
My ultimate goal will take about 5 years.

heynormy
August 10th, 2009, 11:59 PM
It has taken me 10 months to reach my mini goal of APL and I estimate that it will take about a year and a half (maybe even two) to reach my ultimate goal which is waist.

shadowclaw
August 11th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Ehm... i just have to ask... Why would the word end in 2012? I have heard nothing of the sorts and will thus assume that it will in fact only affect the American continent. Anyone care to elaborate and perhaps restore my opinion of the place?

The Mayan calendar ends on the Winter Solstice of 2012, so some people predict that the world will end then. Other people predict that we will just be moving into a new age of enlightenment. Some interesting astronomical stuff also happens then, like the earth being in alignment with the sun in the center of the galaxy, which apparently only happens once every 26,000 years.

Here are some interesting websites with information:

http://survive2012.com/
http://www.13moon.com/prophecy%20page.htm
http://www.2012predictions.net/
http://2012wiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

redcelticcurls
August 11th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Hmm, if I decide to go for waist, that another 4 inches or so. ANother 4 inches of dry length would be at least another 8 inches of wet length to account for shrinkage.

Urg, that will take awhile.

nicolina
August 12th, 2009, 07:20 AM
My first goal is waist. Allowing for trims to damaged ends, that should be Christmas 2010. That would be three years' growth from shoulder to waist (the mega-short cut was for Christmas 2007). If I then decide to go for tailbone, that should be another year from then.

violetka
August 13th, 2009, 08:46 AM
My goal is really gorgeous and healthy looking BSL(i hope i get the initials correct) I dont know how long it will take me, because i am not sure of how damaged my hair is - I am really bad at judging hair.
Right now my longest tress reaches my bra strap, so i guess it will be 6 months- 8 months for most of the hair to catch up with two small trims. As for the quality - i am not sure. Ill just try to maintain that length for some time and follow the guidelines in LHC.

Sammybunny711
August 17th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Oh...if my hair is waist at 32", and it is 13 inches now...that makes 19" of growth that I need. My hair used to grow a little over an inch a month and it was AWESOME but it seems to have slowed down over the last year so if I say half an inch of growth a month, which is what is normal it seems for most people...then I'm looking at about three and a half more years of growth (with a few trims thrown in) until I reach my goal....We'll see...

willowcandra
August 17th, 2009, 07:03 AM
I'm there already:D

My aims are just to keep it well conditioned and trimmed. Taking vitamins and being gentle with it. Adding Henna every now and then for shine strength and colour-it's given me a little thickness too.

I am now floating between tail and classic with healthy henna'd hair(over virgin) cutting back when I feel like it.

Maybe some day I would grow to knee. But I am more than happy where I am.

GermanCurl
August 17th, 2009, 07:10 AM
I believe it'll take two years for me to get it to BSL (curls). However, I do have a lot of mini-goals along the way to keep me motivated. Next goal is collarbone which I should reach in about 3 to 4 months.

Madonna-Fan
August 18th, 2009, 01:04 PM
My hair goal seems to be waist at 73 cm
(please forgive me that I don´t know in inches).
For this I need about 2 years sleek and 3 years wavy
(if my lovely waves stay :pray:)

Aisha25
August 18th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Forever it seems like :roll:

InTheCity
August 18th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Original goal of 26" should be December. I may trim 1" around that time but if I don't start seeing lots of splits (I haven't since last cut in January, yay!) I probably won't trim.

LHC-influenced goal of 28-30 will take another year, with at least one 1" trim somewhere along the way.

When I joined I thought BSL was where I wanted to be but I'll be there in a month or two (24.5" or so) and I just know I'll crave more.

What's been inspiring me is the perfect consistent 1/2" I've gotten every month since I started tracking. ::knocks on wood:: :D

juliaxena
August 19th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Eventually I might want to get to waist lenght but for now even APL would be heaven. It will take looong looong time. Too long.

Raven2448
August 19th, 2009, 12:51 AM
I love this thread - Because I love talking about goals!

I am anticipating the following milestones:
* Get rid of 1 1/2 inches of layers
* Obtain BSL (23 inches)
* Possibly tailbone

First milestone will be complete by Nov 2009
Second by Sept 2010

I find the following things to be motivational and help make the wait more bearable:
* Looking at progress pics from where I started until now - focusing on how long I've come already as opposed to how long to take where I'm going
* Look at other LHC member progress photos - reading their stories
* Focusing on hair health not just length
* Trying new updos to wear now
* Picking up a new hair toy
* Making mini goals between milestones - little successes remind me that I am progressing
* Having non hair goals to switch the focus to keeps me from being too obsessed with one particular goal and driving myself crazy!

AnnaMarie
August 19th, 2009, 12:58 AM
My goal is waist, and I should be there in about 6 months :)

Renbirde
August 19th, 2009, 01:12 AM
I'm aiming for term eventually. At the rate I was growing before biotin, I'll be at classic in four months, at knee in two years, and at ankle in four years, as long as I don't hit term... my pessimistic estimate for that is about two years out.

This is a hard question for me right now. I started taking biotin about a week and a half ago, and what measurements I have say my hair is growing crazy fast. Like, three inches a month. But I don't really have enough data to say for sure... and I think that sort of growth is really, really unlikely.

If this insanely fast rate is real and not some measuring screw up on my part (likely), I'll be at classic in 5 weeks, knee in six months, ankle in ten months, and on the floor in a year. Which sounds ridiculous to me. It'd be awesome, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Ottoline
August 19th, 2009, 03:14 AM
The rest of my natural life I would guess :>

It's like a dream instead of a goal - but I have all you gals to motivate me!

Sairy
August 19th, 2009, 03:21 AM
I think it's gonna take about a year for me to reach my goal.
Maybe a bit more because I'm not completely sure how long I want it yet.
A year is so looooooong! :p

Nanni
August 19th, 2009, 03:35 AM
Way too long, but in the meantime I am trying to trim often to keep the ends healthy and hemline straight. I guess I'll be at waist in 2 years. "I Hope"

Eden_Rayn
August 19th, 2009, 08:49 AM
I have several length goals before I reach my main goal of Classic (maybe term debating that one when the time comes).

APL: September 2009
BSL: December 2009
Waist: July 2010
Classic: December 2010

ademtce
August 19th, 2009, 08:53 AM
it will probably take me a little over year to reach my goal of growing all my hair out again to about shoulder length. (im growing out henna/chemical dye)

LawyerGirl
August 19th, 2009, 09:01 AM
It will take forrrreeeevvverrrrrrrrrrr.

Two, maybe three years. Ugh!

dernhelm
August 19th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I'm hoping for bsl in a year and then another year for waist. I don't know my monthly growth rate, but I'll be keeping track of it from now on.

gibsongirl71
August 19th, 2009, 05:48 PM
My hair grows 1/2 inch a month. Right now I am at 22 inches. Waist will be 31 inches and classic 41 inches. So maybe a year and a half for waist.

I don't know if I will keep growing after waist. If I did it would be another year and a half.

So 3 more years total for classic.

spidermom
August 19th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Judging by my most recent length picture (below), I'd say about a year. That's nothing; I've been growing for 10 years (with lots of trims) already.

ChrissieM
August 19th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Well, my longest layer is about 3 inches from waist, with the shortest layers about 6 inches above, I think. My goal is hip/tailbone area, blunt, which is about 40 inches. I'm about 28 inches right now...so awhile. Probably 2 years to reach tailbone with my longest layer, and another year to even it all out.

BrianaFineHair
August 19th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Forever! I must have the slowest growing hair on earth! All I'm asking for is bra strap length. That's not too much to ask, is it? It's currently "just" past my shoulders.

longhairenvy
August 19th, 2009, 07:04 PM
At about 1/2inch a month, about another year to waist, IF it will grow that long. I've never had hair that long in my life. Better late than never, I guess. Hope it will stay healthy, too.

BrianaFineHair
August 19th, 2009, 07:08 PM
longhairenvy, I think you have made amazing progress! :)

Ruvie
August 28th, 2009, 03:59 PM
My hair goal is 34..and with my hair being 27 right now..with (im hoping) 0.5 a month..within a year!..give or take an inch or two :P

HoneyDrop
August 28th, 2009, 04:17 PM
My hair is about APL now and my goal is waist. The condition of my hair isn't very good so I think i will need to trim a lot. I hope to reach BSL within a year.

Addy
August 28th, 2009, 04:23 PM
I feel like I have another good 2 years to reach butt length at the least. I'd say I have another 4 years to be rid of chemical dye on the ends making way for 100% virgin hair.

Hopefully it all works out that way! :D

girloctopus
August 28th, 2009, 04:28 PM
I'm thinking that it will take me about 2 years to get to classic. I've been hovering between midback and waist for about 5 years before deciding recently that I want it longer.

Little_Bird
August 28th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Wow, there's a lot of people with very long term goals... When I started I estimated 7 years of growth from pixie to classic lenght. I've been growing for almost 5 years, but I think I might hit classic in one year and a half or so...

Let's hope for it!
Then I estimate like 2 more years to even everything out slowly... Let's see how my hair does. Good luck everybody!

:flowers:

Ruvie
August 28th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I trimmed off half inch on the longest tip to straighten it more..so now my hair is 26.5..so..a big over a year now. :)

yellowchariot
August 28th, 2009, 06:26 PM
I'm thinking it will take until late October or early November for me to get my hair past shoulders. I don't know about my top layers though. I think I'll try for BSL, then see what I can do with it then. :confused:

Ardaris
August 28th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I wish you all to achieve your goal... and I hope that you up it!!!:D
I wish to see a lot of you with floor+ length!!!;)

A question: when you trim your hair, you consider the moon phase???

Amara
August 28th, 2009, 10:12 PM
My goal is classic, from which I will decide what to do with all my hennaed length (I'm at almost tailbone now but my natural color is only down to collarbone)

Meezer
August 28th, 2009, 10:52 PM
I'm currently at shoulder length, but my hair grows FAST! Or at least it has always seemed that way in the past when I have grown it out long. I have never made it beyond BSL, but I would LOVE to get to upper waist before I die. LOL! My guess is that if I don't trim anything right now, I'll be there in 2 years. Seems like forever when I write that out, but the years FLY by anymore.

CaityBear
August 28th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Well, my goal was hip length. Which is now is after three years of growing it out from chin length.

And now my goal is classic...so not very long...if my hair keeps growing. My hair went through a huge stall. My hair has grown only 2.5 inches from February until now...and my hair used to grow 1 inch every month. :( But I think it's catching up again. :D

Lilli
August 29th, 2009, 08:24 AM
I think I responded already, but as I am going for BSL, about 2 or 2.5 years.

LaFlor
August 29th, 2009, 08:47 AM
To reach my first goal of cutting off the damage in my hair when virgin hair reaches shoulder length... about 1 year or maybe a little longer.

Now to reach my big goal of hip length... it will be a while... probably 4-5 years.

drquartz1970
September 1st, 2009, 06:39 AM
I'm a little over half way to my goal length. Currently my longest hair is 11 inches long (or 28 cm) and I'm hoping to achieve 18 inches (or 45 cm) in total length within 18 months with a 1inch trim allowed in between. I'm guessing that it would be about mid-back by then. Then afterwards gradually allow the layers to catch up by trimming. No great ambitions for super long hair yet! I'd see if I pass this goal post first before progressing any further. That way I won't feel too let down if my terminal length is actually shorter then waist! Which can happen.

I joined this board just over a year ago when my longest hair was around 12 cm so am very happy with the current progress so far on this interesting long hair journey.

And thanks for all the great company here too. All members hair is beautiful and unique in their own way and thanks for sharing your progress.

SHELIAANN1969
September 1st, 2009, 06:55 AM
I have actually surpassed my goal, I never even knew my hair would grow as long as it has, right now I am at 39" and right past tailbone, so I am happy and would be happy if it never grows anymore, it's all just gravy from here! :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

But, I would *like* to get to classic if I can, and maybe to thigh or knee, I just keep truckin along seeing how things go, it's a whole new experience for me and I am just adoring it all.

EtherealOde
September 1st, 2009, 10:54 AM
I originally thought 4 years, since I would like to see classic before I decide if tailbone is easier for me to manage. But I have a couple of years worth of length that was damaged byrepeated bleachings and chemical dye, not to mention poor treatment from flat itons and other abuses. So really to get all of my hair from root to tip being undamaged and gently treated hair, will take me at least 6 years.

Unless the hair goddess takes pity on me and makes my hair start growing faster. I have a lot of hair abuse penance to do though.

Stephichan
September 1st, 2009, 11:04 AM
I want to hit at least waist, because that's when hair starts to seem "long" to me. By my current estimates, I should reach that in about a year from now, barring any cutting or growth stalls. It's going to take 3-4 months just to hit BSL, which is my first goal.

Oh, come on hair, grow! Grow!

wizboo
September 2nd, 2009, 05:25 AM
In 2008 I chopped my hair off to chin length, and a year and a bit on from that I have hit BSL (even after several haircuts). I am a short person and have fast growing hair, so my goal of waist length hair should be just achievable by my birthday in April 2010!

Only 8 months to go!!!

Ravenwaves 88
September 2nd, 2009, 05:31 AM
I think I'll be able to reach tail bone length in a year, but in order to have all my hair without dye, probably 2 years.

aada
September 2nd, 2009, 10:59 AM
Since I have never kept track of my growth rate, this may or may not be accurate! I am not sure of my terminal length, so that may affect my goal as well.

I figure it should take about 2.5 years to get to waist. I am estimating it will be about 5 years to get to classic, and about 6 years if I decide to not keep layers. So, quite a bit of growing left to do!

RancheroTheBee
September 2nd, 2009, 11:05 AM
Well, I think I should be APL in about a year. (Woot!) That's going to be the longest my hair has ever been since I was five.

Then, BSL should be another year; waist, a year after that, and hip maybe a year after that, if I don't trim too much. Being extremely realistic, though, and assuming I may want a fancy hair cut sometime in the next four years, it may take me almost five or six years to reach hip.

Wow. BSL in two years. EEK! :eek:

Snowflakey
September 2nd, 2009, 11:33 AM
It should take me between one and two years to reach my goal, depending on whether I trim or not.

Rhiannon7
September 3rd, 2009, 12:57 AM
for me who wants hair to classic length, i think it will take about 3 or 4 more years, depending on damage and splits, trims and terminal length. so i should achieve classic length by 2013. and after i reach my goal? maybe go for knee length? not yet sure, want to see how it behaves and feels to have classic length hair, then after about 6 to 10 months of maintaining i might decide to go longer. who knows i might end up being one of the floor length ladies. for now i'll stick to classic and see what happens.

JaneinMarch
September 4th, 2009, 10:10 AM
My longest pieces are just brushing shoulder now after cutting it to about 1/2 inch in Oct. 08. I figure it will be fully waist length in Nov. 2011. I'll be happy when it just brushes waist.
:cheese:

Ina
September 4th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I thinnk it will probably take me about two years to reach hip length

silverspun
September 6th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Right now i am just desperate for below shoulder length hair- so that will take 4 inches in around 8 months. As for waist long, probably 2-3 years. I'm being quite hopeful.

Stubborn
September 6th, 2009, 10:15 PM
I think to get to waist while curly is going to take me about 4 years from now. maybe 5 if i trim. im not quite sure though.

maxzeen
September 7th, 2009, 10:14 AM
hmm well seeing that i had just started at growing my hair i should be past my shoulders in 6 months. time can only tell

Angharad
September 7th, 2009, 11:21 AM
I'm reaching hip-lenght in about one year I guess and then knee-lenght maybe two to three years from then.

CheshireGrin
September 7th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Well, I'm positive I'll be at waist by the end of this year..... My goal is classic (when pulled straight). I haven't calculated at all but I think it would take around 3 years w/o trims.

natorade
September 21st, 2009, 12:48 AM
Several years for me. I still need to even my hair up and havent hit shoulder length yet. I hope to be shoulder length by March 2010. After that, maybe waist length by Sept. 2011.:cheese:

How long did it take you to grow from ear length to chin length?

TheEndlessOcean
September 21st, 2009, 01:09 AM
Well at the moment, my main goal is to grow out my epic frizz halo, which should be mostly gone in 6-8 months. After that, I haven't exactly decided how long I want it to end up, but I think I'd like to get it to waist length dry, which will probably be in two years. Being 6'7" stinks sometimes :p

natorade
September 21st, 2009, 01:22 AM
Lets see my first goal is chin length so I need to grow about 4 inches. My hair seems to grow about 0.5 inches a month so I am looking at 8 months till chin length. Then I will keep it at chin length till I can grow out the rest of damage then I would like to grow to collar bone or longer I haven't really decided. I always had long hair but my chin length inverted bob complimented me better. I am at about ear length right now due to damage from bleach. I jus want my 4 inches back and I will be happy.

prittykitty
September 21st, 2009, 02:48 AM
With my naturally curly, frizzy fried mess, I think I am looking at about at least a year to see mild results and probably several years before I reach my goal, that is IF it ever gets to that point.

bluewhiteblue
September 21st, 2009, 04:25 AM
I just measured in at 32 inches this week, so getting to my first goal of 36 inches should be met by January or so. I pretty much just do S&D, so I think that's reasonable.

bluewhiteblue
September 21st, 2009, 06:24 AM
Woops! I meant June not January. I wish!

freecelt
September 21st, 2009, 06:55 AM
I honestly don't know how long it will take since I maintained at TB with regular trim for 5 years thinking my hair wouldn't grown any more. With better care and vitamins I've gained 2" Woot woot :cheese: . So classic hear I come then terminal...

freecelt
September 21st, 2009, 06:59 AM
My longest strands just reach my knees. I'd really like to reach floor length, if possible. So I need 20 inches of growth. At 2.5 inches of growth per year (yes, year - slow grower here), I should reach it in 8 years, which is 2017.

Sounds about right. It took me from 1993 to 2009 (16 years) to get from above the shoulder to knee length (roughly 40 inches). I wish you luck on your journey and wanted to say you are very encouraging! :)

forestwitch
September 21st, 2009, 10:30 AM
My goal is classic which is about 45 inches on me and me hair is almost chin. I figured out about 5 years until then if I don't stall...it seems so long to wait.....

Irishred
September 21st, 2009, 12:36 PM
Well, my goal was classic... reached, maintained then passed that over a year ago and I am now half way to knee.

I started growing in the fall of 2003 from a shoulder bob while pregnant with DD (almost 6). I grow at a fairly average rate and have had a lot of trims over the years (especially when I first learned how to self trim and change my hem shape). SHoulder to mid thigh in 6 years. I have no real goal just growing healthy hair. I have been considering a trim back to classic or even waist... then I feel my length tickle my thighs and I put it off again... LOL It grows to grow.... If I continue at the same rate I could be knee by Spring 2010 and floor by 2012, but you know I may cut... or not...

Kris Dove
September 21st, 2009, 12:47 PM
My goal is classic, but I'm going to take my time getting there and trim as and when I feel I need it due to setbacks- I've stopped taking the pill and my hair seemed to be shedding a bit for a while there, so I'll maybe just maintain at BSL for a while as there's a bit of a taper(although after I trimmed just an inch off yesterday it looks a LOT better). It all depends how it looks really, but maybe I'll get back to being classic length in about 2-3 years?

tiggens
September 21st, 2009, 12:57 PM
The time I grew from pixie to BSL it took about 2.5-3 years. My goal now is waist which should take me about 2.5 years from now or around April of 2012. Gah! That seems like a hopelessly long time! Ah well, at least I don't have a pixie anymore!

thunderlilies
September 21st, 2009, 01:00 PM
My first/current goal is classic and I think it'll take me about 6 months to get there... I intend to keep my hair at classic for a while to thicken the ends, then I might consider letting it grow on down to knee! :-)

friskybiznus
September 21st, 2009, 02:36 PM
It's taken about 2.5 years to go from pixie to waist. My goal is TBL. I'm hopiong it will be very close by this time next year!

sally_neuf
September 21st, 2009, 03:07 PM
My first goal is my hair reaches just below my breast, I'm currently 10' away from that.
so, 10' / 0.5 ' a month (apprx), = 20 months.
So that's it! 1 year and 8 months without trimming.
and that's.... may of 2011 !!!

I'll rather not to think how long until I can reach waist <3

kam984420
September 21st, 2009, 05:31 PM
How long did it take you to grow from ear length to chin length?

I think it was 6 months. As soon as i hit APL, im going to start trimming to even things up so it will look better.:)

Peter
September 21st, 2009, 05:34 PM
I think I've got about a year to get to waist length, then I'm not sure if I'll go longer.

bigevilgrape
September 21st, 2009, 06:03 PM
I'm trying to get rid of some dry icky splitty ends by trimming a little bit every few months, and then see if my hair will make it to classic. I'm hoping to have the ends I don't like gone, while keeping my hair at mid back in the next six months.

ChatoyantLocks
September 21st, 2009, 10:45 PM
I wish you luck on your journey and wanted to say you are very encouraging! :)

Thank you! :) Good luck on your journey, as well!

rapunzelna
September 26th, 2009, 08:02 PM
I can't say I have a goal length. I think that might put to much pressure on me. I went from very short to this length (mid butt..what is that called? lol) without really having a goal other than I wanted to be longer than the length it was at any point. So, i'll just let it grow and see where it goes.

pineapples
September 26th, 2009, 08:25 PM
I'm at classic and I'd love to get to knee length, but I'm starting to get really sick of sitting on my hair (and the hair eating seat belt monster) . So I may keep it a little shorter.(although I wear my hair up most of the time) But I also change my mind a lot. some days I want to go to terminal and some I'd like to cut it to tailbone. So I really have no idea.

AnnaMarie
September 26th, 2009, 09:03 PM
About 2 years.
My ultimate goal is Tailbone, but my short term goal is to get to Waist (about another 4 months) Then maintain there while I get rid of all my bleach damaged hair (about 4 inches worth :() So thats another 8 months, then to grow to Tailbone will take another 11 months.
I'm just trying to focus on enjoying the journey :p

Flutterbee
September 26th, 2009, 09:13 PM
It will most likely take me 2-3 years to reach tailbone. My mini goal is BSL by next summer, and then I hope to reach waist by summer 2011.

Cholera
September 27th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Figure, with my rate of growth (1.5"/mo) that I'll be at waist in 9 or 10 months. I'm lucky I'm so short, waist on me is about 28"! Hehe :D

Vrushali
September 27th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Another 4 years maybe to even my hemline a bit and get from mid-back to tailbone:)

ponyboy
September 27th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Being a 57 year old male with more snow melting off the roof every year, I'm kind of unsure how long anything will take. I'm at 31" now and hope to be at 36" before I turn 60. It grows pretty slowly now ... only time will tell.

tsc
September 28th, 2009, 01:51 AM
I just trimmed back to 36" to thicken up the hemline/get rid of some REALLY splitty ends... so to maintain a thick hemline for a while while the last of my layers grow out, then to classic (about 46")...about a year. Hopefully. If I was shorter this would be a lot easier! :D

Finoriel
September 28th, 2009, 02:15 AM
I have no idea. Mostly because I never had a set goal length. It was just a diffuse thought of "I want longer hair." when I had a really short pixie. :D Surprising how far one gets with such a lousy goal.
I guess that´s partly the reason why I enjoyed every stage of growth and don´t feel impatient to reach a certain length.

mariakatija
February 8th, 2021, 10:10 AM
I'm a little past APL now so to hit waist length, it will take me 14 months. There, I want to trim off 8 inches of bleach so that will take 16 months. 30 months = 2.5 years.

spidermom
February 8th, 2021, 11:08 AM
About 1 second. My goal is "grow it until it's more trouble than it's worth".

lapis_lazuli
February 8th, 2021, 11:27 AM
Best case, around 2 years. Floor is ~9" away and I'll likely continue to trim on the way there.

BuddhaBelle
February 8th, 2021, 12:10 PM
My next goal is waist, I should be there late summer... Classic is my overall goal and i would say 2.5-3 years :)

knobbly
February 8th, 2021, 12:21 PM
I’m at hip now so I think it’ll take another two years to get to solid classic. We’ll see how I feel and where I want to go when I get to that goal.

Jools69
February 8th, 2021, 12:27 PM
My ultimate goal is classic, which is about 43 inches on me. Presently, I’m at 30.5 inches, giving me at least 2 years to reach. I’m going to allow myself 2 1/2 years to reach, allowing any trims and periods of slow growth, etc.

JasminxCat
February 8th, 2021, 02:04 PM
No idea. Right now I am MBL maybe TBL in a year and some months?

Kwolf248Mane
February 8th, 2021, 02:07 PM
My goal is to reach classic so I think it will take about 1.5-2 years

meepster
February 8th, 2021, 02:24 PM
I don't actually have a goal. I'm just growing out my hair until it stops growing or until it becomes a problem. I'm assuming about 10 years to get to terminal length, so I guess 10 years?

Bat
February 8th, 2021, 04:30 PM
Discarded post

pisinoe
February 8th, 2021, 04:43 PM
Best case scenario: 6 months. Worst case: another year

Belgrade Beauty
February 8th, 2021, 06:12 PM
Bcl as big small goal best case one month worst case two.
The huge life goal hair TBL probably New Years maybe more.

MusicalSpoons
February 8th, 2021, 06:15 PM
Length-wise, either 18months to 2 years (accounting for potential slowing as I get nearer to terminal), or likely never if I reach terminal before floor. It is a wish, a curiosity rather than a solid goal though; I am still extremely happy with mid-calf.

The other thing I have my eye on is texture - I've noticed waves growing down over the past few years so a 'goal' is to see them reach my hemline. I don't know how many years that will be, as they reach maybe APL~BSL (hard to tell from mirror pics taken from shoulder level tilted down) and I want them to reach calf - even if I do manage to get to floor, I will likely cut back after a couple of years. So that's, what, ~35 inches so 70 months so very approximately 6 years (wow!)

Sparkles122
February 8th, 2021, 07:05 PM
I see that when I started my account I posted my goal length to be 50 inches. The last time I measured I was at BCL at 39 inches. So i’ll assume that my goal length will be less than 2 years away. 50 inches on me should be about knee length

Xan
February 8th, 2021, 07:07 PM
I'm not sure how many years but I'm thinking 5 years to get to knee from classic with small trims along the way. Then if its still going another 5 years to get to the floor which is my dream goal.

momof3mary
February 8th, 2021, 07:22 PM
Hopefully within the next decade. I'm really wanting long hair(at least waist length) by the time I hit 50. My short term goal is chin length just because it's the next milestone I'll hit.

lapis_lazuli
February 8th, 2021, 11:48 PM
The other thing I have my eye on is texture - I've noticed waves growing down over the past few years so a 'goal' is to see them reach my hemline. I don't know how many years that will be, as they reach maybe APL~BSL (hard to tell from mirror pics taken from shoulder level tilted down) and I want them to reach calf - even if I do manage to get to floor, I will likely cut back after a couple of years. So that's, what, ~35 inches so 70 months so very approximately 6 years (wow!)

That's so interesting. So your texture has changed within the last few years? How cool you can see the distinction and watch the waves move down!

Hexen
February 9th, 2021, 12:35 AM
My length grows so slow now, :(
I really wish that I could perhaps someday feel my hair tickle the back of my leg where the knee bends.

Dont think I'm ever going to though.

Dunno why....but it just never gets past hip

I'm like " I should get a trim".....but dont want anything removed.

My own hair is screwing with me psychologically.

Bat
February 9th, 2021, 06:11 AM
Floor length mullet goals,(currently I might change my mind anyway lol) pretty sure that's 15-20 years from now getting to floor I mean, I'm hoping I'll be APL by new years

Bat
February 9th, 2021, 06:14 AM
I really wish that I could perhaps someday feel my hair tickle the back of my leg where the knee bends.

Maybe you need to microtrim?? Your hair is pretty fine from how it looks in that photo, or needs more protective styles. Sending growing vibes your way

ioanaxena
February 9th, 2021, 06:31 AM
My next milestone is APL, so anywhere between 5 months to 10 months (because I cannot get an accurate length check and because I have some growth spurts between months that my hair doesn't grow at all).

I would love to get to waist/hip but there are so many years until then that I don't want to count so I don't get discouraged :).

Feral_
February 9th, 2021, 07:11 AM
I’m about 4” from my next goal, which is waist. So hopefully by late summer it’ll be there.. I’ll be fuming if it isn’t! :taz:

poli
February 9th, 2021, 07:59 AM
Should get to BCL in a year/year and half with minimal trims. As for growing out henna completely and keeping long hair (at least waist) I would say 3/4 years. Hopefully I'm there before i turn 50 in 2025 LOL

Hexen
February 9th, 2021, 11:22 AM
Maybe you need to microtrim?? Your hair is pretty fine from how it looks in that photo, or needs more protective styles. Sending growing vibes your way

Yeah I think you're right. Because I've thought that very same thing myself.
I should just start doing it. And thanks for the vibes. Sent....and recieved. :)

The-Young-Maid
February 9th, 2021, 11:24 AM
Well knee is about a year's worth of growth from my current length. Once I get there I'll start maintaining. But I'm not sure if I want to wait another 6 months and do a larger trim. My growth has been consistent so I'm sticking to that timeline.

pisinoe
February 9th, 2021, 11:48 AM

Have you started using conditioner? I think that and silicones would go a long way for length retention.

Hexen
February 9th, 2021, 12:59 PM
Have you started using conditioner? I think that and silicones would go a long way for length retention.

I do yes, but as embarrassing as it is to say in a place like this, I think I've just not maintained it properly. It's there essentially in the first place because of what I've seen called "benign neglect". But unfortunately, what isnt there, I think now is because of just straight up neglect lol.

Think im gonna have a visit with my hairdresser friend soon. Get a trim and an eyebrow wax

BuddhaBelle
February 9th, 2021, 01:01 PM
I do yes, but as embarrassing as it is to say in a place like this, I think I've just not maintained it properly. It's there essentially in the first place because of what I've seen called "benign neglect". But unfortunately, what isnt there, I think now is because of just straight up neglect lol.

Think im gonna have a visit with my hairdresser friend soon. Get a trim and an eyebrow wax

Sounds like a bit of pampering might help :)

Hexen
February 9th, 2021, 01:11 PM
Sounds like a bit of pampering might help :)

I would concur that to be an accurate statement. :)

pisinoe
February 9th, 2021, 02:11 PM

Sounds very nice! Condition-Wash-Condition and using a leave-in plus some silicone oil on the ends could go a long way for length retention and maintenance plus it's fast and easy :) good luck and enjoy your pampering!

Bat
February 9th, 2021, 05:46 PM
Yeah I think you're right. Because I've thought that very same thing myself.
I should just start doing it. And thanks for the vibes. Sent....and recieved. :)

Hopefully it helps good luck!

Hexen
February 9th, 2021, 06:50 PM
Hopefully it helps good luck!

Thanks Bat. :)

Hexen
February 9th, 2021, 07:23 PM
Sounds very nice! Condition-Wash-Condition and using a leave-in plus some silicone oil on the ends could go a long way for length retention and maintenance plus it's fast and easy :) good luck and enjoy your pampering!

Thank you as well pisinoe. Will do. :)

Eastbound&Down
February 9th, 2021, 08:30 PM
At least 2 years, with only one trim a year on just cleaning up the ends if needed. Last cut was earlier this month, not planning anything for the rest of the year.

ipickee
February 10th, 2021, 07:32 AM
I thought I posted in here, but can't find it, so apologies if I'm double posting.
I'm thinking about 3.5 to 4 years to hit mid thigh. My goal is really to not ever cut again, but I think I'll really feel like it's long when I hit mid thigh.

lapushka
February 10th, 2021, 09:06 AM
I'm done growing and have been maintaining classic since March 2018. :)

Tinyponies
February 10th, 2021, 10:49 AM
I thought I posted in here, but can't find it, so apologies if I'm double posting.
I'm thinking about 3.5 to 4 years to hit mid thigh. My goal is really to not ever cut again, but I think I'll really feel like it's long when I hit mid thigh.

My post here would look almost exactly like yours, ipickee. I think I’m about 2 years away from MTL/FTL which are about the same on me. But I feel I don’t want to cut my hair again.

ipickee
February 10th, 2021, 10:56 AM
My post here would look almost exactly like yours, ipickee. I think I’m about 2 years away from MTL/FTL which are about the same on me. But I feel I don’t want to cut my hair again.

Hair sister! Yeah, I've done the super short (aka bald) thing due to health issues. Now that my hair seems to be growing and cooperating again, I have exactly zero desire to ever ever cut again.

Tinyponies
February 10th, 2021, 02:23 PM
Hair sister! Yeah, I've done the super short (aka bald) thing due to health issues. Now that my hair seems to be growing and cooperating again, I have exactly zero desire to ever ever cut again.

Best of luck and enjoy it! :)

Madeline C.
February 12th, 2021, 02:03 PM
If I hold to my no trim in 2021, I should reach my next goal of tailbone by December. My ultimate goal of classic is probably a good 1 1/2 years away after that.

JasminxCat
February 12th, 2021, 02:09 PM
Update
Actually it will take 2 years
I want it about 12 inches longer and it's about 4 inches past BSL right now

cestlavie
February 12th, 2021, 02:15 PM
I'm a bit past waist now and I think it will take 6-8 months to reach TBL.

irsviel
February 12th, 2021, 03:12 PM
I'm one year or a bit more away from waist length. I probably don't want to go longer than waist or hip, so I guess 2-2.5 years at most.

Cg
February 12th, 2021, 03:36 PM
No idea. I'd like to find out how long it will actually get with a blunt hemline. I trim every 6 weeks to keep it even and it dutifully keeps growing.

Bri-Chan
February 13th, 2021, 01:19 PM
So, I grow 5 inches per year more or less. I'll be at the next milestone in less than a month. Tbl will be at the end of the summer, but I need 8 inches to reach my length goal, some inches past classic. I'll trim for sure at the end of the year, so I can say I'll be there in 2 years.
I'm growing out bleach, but it will take more than 5 years.

Zesty
February 13th, 2021, 05:55 PM
It'll probably be about a year for me. Maybe a bit less -- I'm hoping to reach knee by the end of 2021.

This thread reminds me that I've been actively and continuously growing out my hair for going on seven years (started September 2014). :bigeyes:

Ylva
February 14th, 2021, 04:37 AM
No idea; depends on what my actual "goal" is. It comes in increments, I think.

Length-wise, I could reach my goal, or what I think is my goal, within 2 years. However, I also have natural ambitions, and to get my virgin hair to reach that same length would probably require half a decade.

For me, this is not bad news, though. I'm the kind of person who constantly needs to "improve" or "upgrade" herself, so having something better to work for is not something to feel sad about. I'm actually dreading the day I have fully virgin hair at my goal length - what will I do then, after finishing the endgame content?? Are there prestige levels?!

barnet_fair
February 14th, 2021, 05:36 AM
I'm at HL with probably about two years to go to my goal of CL. I've never had hair this long before so it's possible I'll stop and maintan at TBL, or catch LHCitis and grow further...

No idea; depends on what my actual "goal" is. It comes in increments, I think.

Length-wise, I could reach my goal, or what I think is my goal, within 2 years. However, I also have natural ambitions, and to get my virgin hair to reach that same length would probably require half a decade.

For me, this is not bad news, though. I'm the kind of person who constantly needs to "improve" or "upgrade" herself, so having something better to work for is not something to feel sad about. I'm actually dreading the day I have fully virgin hair at my goal length - what will I do then, after finishing the endgame content?? Are there prestige levels?!

Ylva, after completing the main quest line (growing to your original goal with virgin hair), you can pick up some side quests, such as growing thickness down, dyeing in a temporary streak, etc. 100% completion is only possible by finding and mastering the instructions for every bun in existence. You can also increase the difficulty level through self-nerfing (impulsive all-over henna treatment, for example). As a 1c/2a you're already a dual-class character, so make sure to complete both the "FTL when straight" and "FTL when wavy" quests.

SnowSpot
February 14th, 2021, 07:53 AM
I grew from around SL to WL in 2 y 2 m with regular trims (to keep the hemline neat). I would want the hemline to be thicker so I probably won’t be gaining so much length this year. As my goal is Classic with fresh blunt ends, it will probably take at least 2,5-3 years. The longer lengths are ”easier” to damage so I think my journey will slow down a little bit.

Lainey
February 14th, 2021, 08:51 AM
No idea. I'd like to find out how long it will actually get with a blunt hemline. I trim every 6 weeks to keep it even and it dutifully keeps growing.

Do you have a particular trimming method you could share Cg? Thanks.

Cg
February 14th, 2021, 09:24 AM
Do you have a particular trimming method you could share Cg? Thanks.

It's long enough now that I don't even bother with a scrunchie, but it's still a version of Feye's (https://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/).

At shorter lengths I was always careful to pull the scrunchie around both sides to trim, just to be sure of an even edge. It's easier the longer it gets, and I don't think I could do this on myself until BSL or so.

Lainey
February 14th, 2021, 10:02 AM
It's long enough now that I don't even bother with a scrunchie, but it's still a version of Feye's (https://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/).

At shorter lengths I was always careful to pull the scrunchie around both sides to trim, just to be sure of an even edge. It's easier the longer it gets, and I don't think I could do this on myself until BSL or so.
Thank you for the information Cg. This is most helpful of you.

Jane99
February 14th, 2021, 06:55 PM
I have been rethinking hair length goals and for the past few weeks, mid thigh/ FTL has been sounding like a dream goal. I would guess if I could even grow that long, it would probably take 5 years barring any hair emergencies or major damage cuts. That will be the year my stepdaughter graduates high school. We’ll see!

Ylva
February 15th, 2021, 03:34 AM
Ylva, after completing the main quest line (growing to your original goal with virgin hair), you can pick up some side quests, such as growing thickness down, dyeing in a temporary streak, etc. 100% completion is only possible by finding and mastering the instructions for every bun in existence. You can also increase the difficulty level through self-nerfing (impulsive all-over henna treatment, for example). As a 1c/2a you're already a dual-class character, so make sure to complete both the "FTL when straight" and "FTL when wavy" quests.

Aah, great to hear there's plenty of content at the top level, still! I'm not sure how interested I am in the bun quests, but who knows, maybe I will actually try and complete at least some of them. Self-nerfing has actually been on my mind; I'm not completely opposed to getting highlights... I have so many enhancement potions in my inventory right now. I need some challenge!

Simpscone
February 15th, 2021, 10:02 AM
My two current goals are; grow to tailbone length, and grow out my virgin hair.

Tailbone is about 8 inches away and I grow about 6 inches a year, so I should be there in 2 years with trims.

Growing out my virgin hair... only started a month ago :lol: so um... many many years ahead! I don't even know how many!

That said... there's every chance I will chop off my hair in greater increments once the natural colour starts travelling down and take longer to get to tailbone. I don't mind that. As long as I can stay at waist+ I'm happy!

FaeBroom
February 16th, 2021, 07:24 AM
I'm at HL with probably about two years to go to my goal of CL. I've never had hair this long before so it's possible I'll stop and maintan at TBL, or catch LHCitis and grow further...

I'm hysterical over this because it so perfectly summarizes my mentality towards hair goals :lol: First mission- WL. Second- WL, all virgin hair, Third- Classic, Fourth- LHCitis is left to completely take over, and I grow as long as I can handle!

I'm terrible at measuring but from the ends of my hair to classic is ~20", so if my hair grows 6" per year that will take me a little over three years. I think WL is only 8" away, so first goal is probably only a year and a half away! I'm just under 5'2" tall, so I think that's why my milestones seem so close together...

xkambyx
February 16th, 2021, 10:33 AM
My hair grew 4 inches between June and November last year which is really fast for me although i did cut from BSL to just under my ear to get rid of all damage and most of the henna ... I also stopped using any heat which has made a HUGE difference as i no longer have split ends so i am estimating if i can keep up all that and keep a check on my overall health then hopefully i will reach my goal in 3ish years - i am going for 42 inch but i would be happy with hip length!

Rini
February 17th, 2021, 03:00 AM
My most recent goal is to grow to hip length in 2 years. I'm not sure if I can do it. I'll probably make it if I straighten it, but I want it to be at hip when it's curly. Maybe I'll be below waist at least? We shall see.....

illicitlizard
February 18th, 2021, 12:03 AM
weeeellll, if I go by my stats I'm aiming for HL, which is like 32", I'm at just under 26" now, so 1 year with no trims?

However, I'm lowkey hoping to reach classic length if I can get there with a nice hemline, which is 39". At least 2 years with no trims, but I don't like to forgo trimming, so I'll guesstimate 2.5-3 years?

PixieWaist
February 18th, 2021, 09:20 PM
Considering my goal is classic length, if I measure the length between my hair now and where classic falls, and figuring for 1/2 in a month, it would take four years to get to my goal length! It feels like forever away lol

baanoo
February 19th, 2021, 04:02 PM
Well well! I’m on the long side of hip, & my goal is classic. I’m guessing about 2 years, with periodic trims?

tekla
February 20th, 2021, 09:43 AM
My goal for now is waist. I guess it will take me about two years; I recently measured that I have 15 cm/6 inches to BSL and my waist (ie the narrowest part of torso) is quite high.

veryhairyfairy
February 20th, 2021, 12:03 PM
Too long! :lol:

But for serious; probably 1.5-2 years from now. Currently CBL and something like 19", goal is waist which is 30" on me IIRC, and I grow about 6" a year. Once I get to waist I'll probably maintain but who knows? LHCitis is a real thing! :D

constancev18
February 21st, 2021, 03:28 PM
It took me 6 years to reach my TBL goal and I started with shoulder length hair, but it took about a year of those 6 for me to figure things out. Back then it was learning not to damage the ends but my thickness was good. Now it's the opposite but medication is helping and new growth is not chin length. Maybe 4 inches. So, I think it may still take 6 years for the thicker hair since I have the protective styling down. Probably 2 years for the thinner hair to reach TBL.

Dark40
February 21st, 2021, 06:59 PM
I have Mid Back Length hair right now. So, my goal length is hopefully reach to my ankles within 5 years from now. Even though I doubt that's going to ever happen. But I really think it can. Even for this year I'm shooting to reach HL by the end of 2021. Especially, without any trims. I've already did my small trimming back on January 1 of this year, and I'm not planning on doing anymore trimming until then. Or, if I don't need it again next year for 2022 I also won't trim at all.

blackgothicdoll
February 21st, 2021, 10:28 PM
I have Mid Back Length hair right now. So, my goal length is hopefully reach to my ankles within 5 years from now. Even though I doubt that's going to ever happen. But I really think it can. Even for this year I'm shooting to reach HL by the end of 2021. Especially, without any trims. I've already did my small trimming back on January 1 of this year, and I'm not planning on doing anymore trimming until then. Or, if I don't need it again next year for 2022 I also won't trim at all.

Is your photo recent in your avatar? Looks like you're at SL, APL on the side that's a bit longer (or it could be the angle).

GordonMurphella
February 22nd, 2021, 04:00 AM
Is your photo recent in your avatar? Looks like you're at SL, APL on the side that's a bit longer (or it could be the angle).

I agree with blackgothicdoll, for what it's worth.

For me, now that I've been hunkered down for almost a year and have shifted to a waist goal, I should hit it by June or so.

Bat
February 22nd, 2021, 05:11 AM
I think it will take closer to 15 years, though depends on your hair growth I suppose! 5 years seems super fast

Sammich
February 22nd, 2021, 06:55 AM
I hope to reach tailbone by the end of this year, and then classic. I was wishfully thinking I would reach classic by the end of this year but I’m unsure.
After I reach classic I’m sure I will be happy with as long as I can go! I don’t know how long that will take.

For me, now that I've been hunkered down for almost a year and have shifted to a waist goal, I should hit it by June or so.

I agree. I would say that’s apl dark!

Feral_
February 22nd, 2021, 07:13 AM

I agree with blackgothicdoll, too.

GordonMurphElla, are you around MBL now? I’m also aiming to hit waist, but I reckon it will be by the end of the summer.