PDA

View Full Version : Nautilus Bun troubles!

neon-dream
June 30th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Hey everyone. :)
Okay, I would love for a nautilus bun to look the way it does on this video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=466690622319220011

But no matter what I do, it looks nothing like it! :confused:
This is what it looks like on me, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Or is it because my hair's thicker than the hair in the video?
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=2055&pictureid=37033

TIA! :flowers:

Cinnamon Hair
June 30th, 2009, 04:22 PM
It looks right to me. You have the loop of hair and the cinnamon bun thing in the center. You might be able to do a smaller/tighter loop, just depends whether you can get it over the bun if you do that.

neon-dream
June 30th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Okay I'll give that a go!
Thankyou! :flowers:

Cherry_Sprinkle
June 30th, 2009, 04:55 PM
lol I was just practicing this and saying the exact same thing!! Hypnotica does a beautiful job but mine never looks the same either :shrug: I'll keep at it too! Thanks CH!

neon-dream
June 30th, 2009, 05:00 PM
lol I was just practicing this and saying the exact same thing!! Hypnotica does a beautiful job but mine never looks the same either :shrug: I'll keep at it too! Thanks CH!

I've tried it loads of times, but I can't get it to look like Hypnotica's. So I'm thinking of just settling with the way it ends up looking, it still looks nice just nothing like it's supposed to :p!

julya
June 30th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I'm pretty sure my nautilus bun looks about like that.

OhioLisa
June 30th, 2009, 09:39 PM
I think it just looks a little different to you because of the thickness. But honestly, I am with CH on this. It looks correctly done to me. :flower:

Hypnotica
July 1st, 2009, 12:27 AM
It will probably look more like mine when you have longer hair :flower:

(and this thread reminds me that it is time to do another nautilus bun variation video as I my hair is now longer too)

Natalia
July 1st, 2009, 01:32 AM
Your looks beautiful! As does yours Hypnotica :heartbeat . Maybe you could get more the look you want by twisting the excess hair before wraping it around the base? Thats what i do but i do it becasue it makes my layers behave better and make a sturdier bun.

neon-dream
July 1st, 2009, 04:33 AM
Thanks everyone!!
Hypnotica, I hope it looks like yours one day! I really like that look.

Your looks beautiful! As does yours Hypnotica :heartbeat . Maybe you could get more the look you want by twisting the excess hair before wraping it around the base? Thats what i do but i do it becasue it makes my layers behave better and make a sturdier bun.

I'll give this a go, too! I like the way it looks so I'll wear it anyways haha but I'd love the other look too :)

lambhair
July 1st, 2009, 01:59 PM
[quote=Hypnotica;655522(and this thread reminds me that it is time to do another nautilus bun variation video as I my hair is now longer too)[/quote]
Hypnotica...I love your hair videos!
One day when I was sitting at the computer, watching your "hypnobun" tutorial, my dh came into the room from behind me and said "wow, I thought that was you for a second! Thats a weird effect, its like watching you in a mirror or a twin or something...".
It was kind of funny because our hair and skin colors are very close and I was doing the bun step by step with your video...
Thanks again for such clear directions and great hairstyles-I can't wait for another one!