PDA

View Full Version : Itchy scalp from heat?

Phalaenopsis
June 30th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Suddenly the day after washing, my scalp will start to itch. It's really hot at the moment, but I didn't use to have this problem. Could it be the length and all that, suffocating my scalp?

How do you cope with this? Do I have to rinse my hair every morning :confused: I use a very gentle shampoo, I'm certain that it's from all the sweating.

It's really driving me crazy at the moment, this is my first time experiencing such a thing. I think I'm going to rinse my hair now, but I don't want to wet hair every day :(

desertgirl
June 30th, 2009, 01:54 PM
In my experience, sweating can clog up the pores and make the scalp itch. (I think it has something to do with the salt, but I'm not a scientist) Rinsing has helped me. I would rinse shortly after you have sweat build-up (yet after you think you are done sweating; no sense sweating, rinsing and then sweating right away again!)

Has anything else in your routine changed other than the temperature? humidity?

Samikha
June 30th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I doubt it's the length; I don't think our scalps can tell the difference between shoulder and waist length. You're probably right in that it's the heat and accompanying sweating.

If you use a very gentle shampoo, it may be that it's not getting your scalp quite clean in the summertime. Do you have any scalp build-up? Around the time I get gunk on my nails if I run them across my scalp, my skin feels a little more itchy and doing a salt or sugar scrub helps with that.

Kirin
June 30th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Its definately the sweat. When sweat evaporates it leaves the salt behind, which can be very irritating to the scalp. Rinsing the scalp with cool water from time to time should make it better :)

Nevermore
June 30th, 2009, 02:37 PM
You could try rinsing with cool water in a mustard bottle or something, so you can keep most of the water on the scalp instead of in your hair.

edit: Obviously not with the mustard still in it. Ahem.

Phalaenopsis
June 30th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Ah, that's an interesting tip. :)

We don't eat mustard, so I'll try to find a substitute.

misstwist
June 30th, 2009, 04:02 PM
You could try rinsing with cool water in a mustard bottle or something, so you can keep most of the water on the scalp instead of in your hair.

edit: Obviously not with the mustard still in it. Ahem.

I think the mustard would enhance her blond. :p

Phalaenopsis
June 30th, 2009, 04:32 PM
:p Even if it would, I can't stand that tangy smell!!