PDA

View Full Version : Content with your length?

abritta3
June 29th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Hi all. I was just curious as to how many of you here at LHC are content with your growth and how many of you (like me) who are still happily growing?:p

Dars
June 29th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I am very content since I stopped getting regular cuts at the hairdresser 7 months ago! I'm actually seeing length and am over the moon. But as a curly I am growing impatient at the same time :rolleyes:

kam984420
June 29th, 2009, 09:43 PM
No, im not content with my length. Im not even shoulder length yet.:( Yes im still growing it out. I've got several more years of letting it grow.:( Its not growing fast enough.:mad:

Shikyo
June 29th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I can't really say that I'm content with my length, I wish it to be longer, so I'm still growing it out.

ReddishRocks
June 29th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Hmmm... not sure if I'm going to end up answering your question or if I'm going to get all zen on you. ;)

I'm content with every length, trying to enjoy it to its fullest. I'm getting to the point now where French Twists are getting difficult, so I'm somewhat mourning the loss. That said, I'm able to do buns I wasn't able to do a couple of months ago, and that's exciting! There are other things I still want to do, but can't yet, so that's more to look forward to.

So... am I content? Yes and no. :D

Speckla
June 29th, 2009, 10:07 PM
I don't think I'll feel content or secure until I reach BSL when curly.

azureblue54
June 29th, 2009, 10:07 PM
:pegasus: I am still happily growing my hair, trying to get back to the length it was a yr ago, when my daughter decided to whack off 6" because she felt I needed a change! It's gotten just about to where it was, but I know that I desperately need to get my hemline trimmed. Thank God I have someone to go to this time. She cleaned up my daughter's uneven trim for me, and barely cut any off, just enough. I'll still be very nervous as I sit in her chair, but I have faith in her....I think! I just turned 55 yrs old, and now my whites are showing nicely in my hairlines, so I'm not coloring it anymore, I think.....:cloud9:
Hi all. I was just curious as to how many of you here at LHC are content with your growth and how many of you (like me) who are still happily growing?:p

redcelticcurls
June 29th, 2009, 10:15 PM
As long as it still looks good, then I'm happy.

Natalia
June 29th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I dont think i will be content till my thickest parts are at waist and im well on my way to hip. Which unfortunatly will be a while. Between my shed and uber slow rate of growth .... :(. O well i shall do everything i can to speed it on its way :). Next stop EO's!

joyellen
June 29th, 2009, 10:47 PM
I'm not content with my length yet. Once I get to waist with no layers, I'll be content.

silverwoods
June 29th, 2009, 10:53 PM
I won't be content until my hair is long enough to hit the back of my knees like it did when I was a child.

Lexibeth
June 29th, 2009, 11:43 PM
I was sad when I cut mine last October ( the ends looked horrid). Now I'm almost back at the same length and am very happy about it. But I think I'll be fully satisfied when it's a waist length. Given how much my hair grows, I should reach that in a little over a year :)

windinherhair
June 29th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Although I have had the same length for the past few years, I am really trying to grow again now. :)

may1em
June 30th, 2009, 12:14 AM
I'm pretty happy with my current length, but would be open to growing it a few inches longer. I'm just below waist now, and was just at waist this time last year (I've been trimming to lose old layers).

It would be cool to be at hip or tailbone, but I'm pretty happy with my hair as it is. Just no going shorter!

Rivanariko
June 30th, 2009, 12:17 AM
I've never been able to grow my hair past where it is right now, but I'm hoping with a better care routine, I might be able to coax it a little longer. It's going to be a long process though, I have a feeling. I don't know how long it's going to need to be for me to be content and just want to maintain it, but I know if I can get it down to waist length, I'll be ecstatic!

Zindell
June 30th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Still happily growing :)

I want at least BSL and I am also growing my bangs out.

Bene
June 30th, 2009, 12:31 AM
i'm a total length whore, so no. not content just yet.

skydancer7
June 30th, 2009, 12:56 AM
I must say I am content, especially as compared to the pixie I had a year ago. Content, but at the same time still growing, if that makes any sense.

hennaphile
June 30th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Not quite yet. I want to get to classic, or maybe even further!

Regina
June 30th, 2009, 01:08 AM
My hair reaches to my nipples at this point, and this length looks nice on me. I like having layers because it gives my hair extra volume and bounce as it gets longer, and I like the extra texture. But I look forward to my hair being longer...all the more whimsical and classically feminine.

Heavenly Locks
June 30th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Content? Yes.

Satisfied...NO. :D

More length please!!

Elanor
June 30th, 2009, 01:11 AM
I'm very happy and excited about this length as my hair has never been this long before, but I am also happily growing and waiting for new lengths :cool: :D

3azza
June 30th, 2009, 01:43 AM
I want it longer, but i'm happy with it now since it's the longest i've ever reached so it's ok...

Mrs.X
June 30th, 2009, 06:58 AM
I think i'll be content when i get to waist length with few or no layers. Any longer than that and i think it would be hard to wear it down as much as i like to, but i'll probably change my mind when i get there!

Jezzie
June 30th, 2009, 07:01 AM
I'm not content with my length yet. Once I get to waist with no layers, I'll be content.

This is my thought also

Curlsgirl
June 30th, 2009, 07:03 AM
I thought I would be SO happy when I got to waist but now it really doesn't seem long at all still. Now I think I will be happy at TB. Part of the reason is the curl which makes it seem so many different lengths from day to day :rolleyes:

redneckprincess
June 30th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Im still growing but Im also content with where im at now, it only gets longer from here on out!!! ♥

lora410
June 30th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Still happily growing here :)

lora410
June 30th, 2009, 07:33 AM
I thought I would be SO happy when I got to waist but now it really doesn't seem long at all still. Now I think I will be happy at TB. Part of the reason is the curl which makes it seem so many different lengths from day to day :rolleyes:

LMAO same here. Now I am thinkign terminal :lol:

desertgirl
June 30th, 2009, 08:13 AM
I'm happily growing (most days) :)

ZadenWillowfyre
June 30th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Hmm...I am liking it more and more these days! It's still not where I want it to be yet. So that said, I enjoy the progreess and the way it looks but I am still growing.

bigdreamer
June 30th, 2009, 08:22 AM
I'm okay and miserable at the same time. I chopped off 2" recently so I'm happy about the healthy ends and bottom edge being even.

However it's shorter of course, now just past my shoulders and it tends to all move forward and stay in front of my shoulders and then underneath sort of lays directly on my neck after a while like a hair scarf. Which I am not enjoying in the heat. I could wear it up but I don't really like that look on me, I look like a pinhead. Wish it would grow already!!!

Thila
June 30th, 2009, 08:40 AM
I am in a bit of a quandry over this issue. My hair is shoulder length at the moment but I would love to have it BSL. My problem is that I loose a lot of curl when it gets that long. My plan is to grow it out and if I can't handle it then cut it again.

lambhair
June 30th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Even if my hair never grew any longer, I'm still happy with it. It is the longest it has ever been (37")...it is long enough for just about any style I have ever wanted to do. Of course I have a hair goal-I'd like knee length eventually-but if it never gets there I'm ok with that. I'm just happy that I found this place, learned to take care of my hair, and that I have healthy hair no matter the length.

Shorty89
June 30th, 2009, 08:55 AM
I'm pretty content with the length. I am at classic now and I plan on maintaining at classic for the time being. I may let it get longer, but I am happy with it where it is.

handsclean
June 30th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Not really.. I still have many, many inches to grow.

NickalNack
June 30th, 2009, 09:06 AM
I am content in that it is longer now than when I started, and reaches down the back of my neck when wet. I can't say I'd be happy with it this way for the rest of my life, but for now it works for me.

nowxisxforever
June 30th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Both for me!

I'm content with my length as it is, but I'm also still growing. I'm just a happy longhair that is letting her hair do as it wishes!:cheese:

janeytilllie
June 30th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Im yes and no.

I recently had a huge chop from hip to shoulder length. I love how my ends are healthy and thick so i'm very content with the health and condition of my hair :cheese:

But I'm not really content with the length. I like how this length looks and feels bit I do want it longer. I think I would be content when I reach my goal of knee length so I'm happily growing until then :D

enfys
June 30th, 2009, 12:20 PM
I'll be content once I get there. While I'm growing I won't be content. I'm hard to please.

Eireann
June 30th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I'm still maybe 6 inches from my goal, but it is finally to the point that it looks "out of the ordinary long" (which to me is anything past BSL.) I know it's silly, but a big motivator for me to grow my hair is to look out of the ordinary. That was something I loved about the pixie cut, and I haven't had that feeling since I started growing out the pixie 7 years ago! So, I guess I am both satisfied with my hair AND happily growing. Once I get to my goal (tailbone), I will decide whether to keep going or to maintain.

teela1978
June 30th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Hmmm... not sure if I'm going to end up answering your question or if I'm going to get all zen on you. ;)

I'm content with every length, trying to enjoy it to its fullest. I'm getting to the point now where French Twists are getting difficult, so I'm somewhat mourning the loss. That said, I'm able to do buns I wasn't able to do a couple of months ago, and that's exciting! There are other things I still want to do, but can't yet, so that's more to look forward to.

So... am I content? Yes and no. :D

That's kinda where I am. You put it very well :)

free_hug
June 30th, 2009, 12:39 PM
I like both the question & the answers so far :D

Even i am sort of content with my shortie, finally the bangs curl under my eyes, and not right into them! Plus, as redneckprincess put it, it'll only get longer form where it is now...

Still i can't even imagine someone not feeling constantly in heaven about their hair at, say, mid-back. Out in the non-lhc world it looks very long, and extremely feminine, so even when you have to wait for it to get longer, why not just enjoy it every day?

Coriander
June 30th, 2009, 12:47 PM
I'm thrilled that this is the longest it's ever been, however I'm happily and impatiently growing :)

lavenderblue
June 30th, 2009, 12:47 PM
I'm content, it is a little past BSL now and I like that, always wanted it to be waist length, but I cut of a inch a few weeks ago, it was in between BSL and waist then and I didn't like it anymore. So I decide BSL is the length for me (or a little past that :D)

swanns
June 30th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Not content. I'm guessing I will be at bum or classic, which is still about a year or two away, if it ever gets that far (I've recently got more and more afraid it's not going to get that long, although it's showing no signs of being at the terminal lenght!)

Eden Iris
June 30th, 2009, 01:49 PM
I'm content with the length of the longest layers, which is just above waist. Actually, I made it to waist but then started trimming an inch every month because the taper makes me insane.

So, yes. I don't want it to get any longer, at least until/unless I can establish a reasonably thick hemline at waist.

rose_in_bloom
June 30th, 2009, 02:29 PM
I'm trying to enjoy my hair at every stage of growing. But I'm impatiently waiting for it to get to waist. Waist is my happy place. :)

WritingPrincess
June 30th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Yes and no. On the one hand I've been feeling like I really have long hair more and more lately; on the other hand, I feel like my hair is hardly growing (though I know it is) because there aren't any landmarks between tailbone and classic, and I want so badly to get to classic, and then knee. I guess I'm not content at all, am I?

RoseRedDead
June 30th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Yes and no.

Yes - this is the longest I've ever had it, and it looks pretty darn good.

No - I haven't reached waist yet, which is a frustration for me, because while I wear my hair down right now, it looks very short, unnaturally short (only to my skewed sense of image, apparently). It would look better at waist, but I want to make it to classic and see how I feel.

angelakeats
June 30th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I really love LHC, however, the only bad thing is that since joing I check my hair everyday for growth!!!! silly I know. I cannot leave it alone and forget about it.

neon-dream
June 30th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I am content with my length as it is, but I am still growing.
I love it the length it is now, so I think I will love it even more when it is longer. :)

rhysiana
June 30th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I am content with my length, in that my length is "long and still growing." I don't have any real milestones I feel I have to get to, but I am curious to see how long it will get. So I'm content to patiently take care of it on the way to possibly terminal. Should be fun!

horseprincess
June 30th, 2009, 04:09 PM
well, I'm not happy with my length yet. But I'm still happily growing soo I will be soon...

daydreamer
June 30th, 2009, 04:36 PM
I am still growing, but am learning to focus on being content with it where it is also -- especially as I have damage to grow out, I might stick at waist for awhile! And I want to be happy with that.

Tom Steinberg
June 30th, 2009, 04:47 PM
I'm open to letting it grow longer, but I want it to look reasonably thick and healthy of course :)

coolbreeze212
June 30th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Still growing here!!

I'm thankful that I'm to BSL....but I don't think I'll be really happy until I'm solidly at waist length. And I sure do wish it would grow quicker, too!