PDA

View Full Version : How long after henna does UV protection last..

Islandgrrl
April 10th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Is it forever?

My naturally red hair gets quite a bit of light highlights in the summertime from the sun. Will this continue to happen after henna? I know it offers some UV protection, but how much and for how long?

prosperina
April 10th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I guess it could depend upon if the henna fades on you or not? Honestly, I don't know. I always assumed it was, like the color, permanent. I'd like sun highlights too, and the only place I see them coming in is around my face, where I need to henna. :) I also live in a very sunny climate and I have only 1-2 layers of henna on my hair, so I think I'd get some if I were going to....although I don't spend that much time outside; I just walk to and from the bus stop. I dunnoh. :shrug:

Blu11
April 16th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Interesting... ;)
I was wondering the same..
I don't know about the highlights, my hair is dark brown and never lightens in the sun. But my hair is usually parched after summer and one of the first things I do when I get home is a hair cut. Last summer there was much less damage, I didn't cut it till november. :)

Euphony
April 16th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Hmmmmm that is so interesting! I wonder if this is what has happened to my hair. A lot of the reason I started using henna (besides what henna does for the hair) is because my hair bleaches so bad in the sun. It comes out of my head a nice chocolate brown, but by the time i started using henna my hair was 28" and the tips were bleached to a gold. That is very aggravating since I have very dark brown eyes and very dark brown eyebrows. I have noticed over the course of a year that I've been using henna (3 or 4 full applications) my hair is lighter than it was last summer.