PDA

View Full Version : I think I need a photo

bakertwins2004
June 29th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I am seeing you all keep progress photo's. How are you getting good shots of the back of your head? I want to watch my hair grow instead of fighting with the tape measure.

Heavenly Locks
June 29th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I had my husband take my photo. I also think the self timer + tripod method works well. You don't need a tripod, a stack of books on the table or fence post is good too!

Rohele
June 29th, 2009, 10:07 AM
I don't get great shots, but what works best for me is to set my camera on a shelf that's near head height and use the self timer.

LisaJaney
June 29th, 2009, 10:18 AM
I always talked my husband or son into taking the pic. And I made them stand in a certain place (back up against the sink) and me at a certain place (bellied-up against the pantry) so that the pictures were always at the same angle, same distance, same lighting.

redneckprincess
June 29th, 2009, 10:23 AM
I either have my DD12 take (several) pics (in order to get one good one). or I use my digital camera and a handhelp mirror with a full length mirror like my siggy pic...ive seen others do the same and works well but better if you can turn the flash off Good luck cant wait to see

Roseate
June 29th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Self timer and a shelf. There's a little shelf right under my bathroom mirror, and I've done it enough times by now that I know just where to stand for the photo. Fortunately there's a nice window nearby. My bathroom is so small that I can't get very far away from the camera, though- I'm going to have to find a new spot around BSL!

enfys
June 29th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I enlist the fiance's help, unless I'm taking a photo of just my head to show a hairstyle, in which case I use a mirror to see what I'm doing. I can't do a behind me shot on my own; no timer.

Shikyo
June 29th, 2009, 11:17 AM
I've been using tripod plus remote control combination. Depending what I want to have the picture of, I'll push the remote myself or I'll ask my significant other to do it.

zen_oven
June 29th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Self timer works okay, but usually it works better to get my hubby to take them.

Ryanne
June 29th, 2009, 12:06 PM
I use a mirror.

dolcevita
June 29th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I do the self-timer thing with the camera on a stack of books or a shelf, depending on the lighting I would like for the photo. Bathroom counter works too if I am kneeling on the floor facing the opposite direction :)

demitasse
June 29th, 2009, 12:11 PM
I just hold it over my head with my back to a mirror. Took me a little practice in the beginning to get it right but now I can get a perfectly good shot no problem. I haven't been able to face the stares I would get if I asked my boyfriend or someone to take a picture of the back of me. :)

ButterCup02
June 29th, 2009, 01:44 PM
I also use the camera over my head and mirror trick, but lately I started recruiting DH to take them. :)

florenonite
June 29th, 2009, 02:28 PM
If I'm just taking a shot of a style, I'll do it in the bathroom (well-lit, of course) in the mirror with the flash turned off. If I'm doing a length shot, I like to have my hands on my waist (my next goal) so I use the self-timer on the bathroom counter or a shelf and kneel or stand in front of it.

Garnet66
June 30th, 2009, 05:47 PM
I usually have dh do it. I found a perfect place in the kitchen with good lighting. Makes it easier to take them in the same place. If dh isn't around I kneel in front of the countertop with so so results. I usually take about ten pics that way before I find a good one.

Xandergrammy
June 30th, 2009, 05:50 PM
My DH takes my hair pictures. If not for him, I'd have no pictures. I'm an electronics/photographic idiot.