PDA

View Full Version : Why does the celtic knot hate me?

Dementia1013
June 29th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Okay so my hair is just barely brushing my tailbone, so I figure I have plenty of length, but I just can't seem to get either the Karen lynn knot or Celtic knot to work for me. I pull the loop through and it's too far away from my head to secure it to anything. :(

Is my hair just too thick? Are there any ladies out there with roughly 34" ii/iii hair that can do this? If so what's your secret?

Please help!

Kristine
June 29th, 2009, 08:49 AM
My hair is about the same length and thickness as yours, and I can't do any of them either. I guess we'll just have to wait a few inches...

GoddesJourney
June 29th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Sometimes it has to do with ponytail circumference. All that hair is really beautiful, but sometimes it simply doesn't go into an updo until it's longer than other people's.

Dementia1013
June 29th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Well that's a bummer. I really wanted to do the KL... I guess I'm just going to have to wait until I reach my goal. :(

mira-chan
June 29th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I started to do the KL knot at 39 inches or so. That's with taper helping/ hindering. Due to taper I can't do the Celtic knot at all. So yes, probably just a bit more length needed.

Dementia1013
June 29th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I started to do the KL knot at 39 inches or so. That's with taper helping/ hindering. Due to taper I can't do the Celtic knot at all. So yes, probably just a bit more length needed.

Oh! so close yet so far... ok. Thank you for your imput. :D