PDA

View Full Version : SoHo hair pins

ElenTikvah
June 28th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I was at the Mall of America this weekend, and happened upon a S*Ho kiosk stand with a huge arrangement of a variety of jeweled hair pins, combs, headbands, clips and other accessories. Thought about buying some, but I'd already spent my $$$ on Ficcares at Nordstroms, so I thought to check them out online.

I found this (http://www.sohoforme.com) website, and was just wondering if anyone has any experience with these pins?

TIA!

~Tik

Nyghtingale
June 28th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Those are really pretty

bugeyedmonster2
June 28th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Wow. Purty.

Akiko
June 28th, 2009, 05:54 PM
I have quite a few hairtoys from Soho. They are very pretty, but pricy. If you like sparklies, I think they are worth the price, though.

Those Austrian crystals tend to fall off. But they fix them for free for life at any Soho stand. I think you can also mail in. I had several hair sticks, pins and combs repaired over the years. It usually takes quite a long time (2 months or so). But they do come back just like new.

Large barrettes are quite heavy and need to be balanced when you wear. So if you don't like heavy toys, I would recommend to stay away. I use my barrettes for Gibson style updo. It works fine for me.

Dangly toys tend to get caught in your hair.

I noticed actual stands carry much more toys. But if you compare the same item online, the web price is less. I don't know about their shipping cost. So I am not sure if it ends up cheaper buying online or not.

Those Soho girls are very helpful. They can teach you all sorts of hair styles using their accessories.

ElenTikvah
June 28th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I have quite a few hairtoys from Soho. They are very pretty, but pricy. If you like sparklies, I think they are worth the price, though.

Those Austrian crystals tend to fall off. But they fix them for free for life at any Soho stand. I think you can also mail in. I had several hair sticks, pins and combs repaired over the years. It usually takes quite a long time (2 months or so). But they do come back just like new.

Large barrettes are quite heavy and need to be balanced when you wear. So if you don't like heavy toys, I would recommend to stay away. I use my barrettes for Gibson style updo. It works fine for me.

Dangly toys tend to get caught in your hair.

I noticed actual stands carry much more toys. But if you compare the same item online, the web price is less. I don't know about their shipping cost. So I am not sure if it ends up cheaper buying online or not.

Those Soho girls are very helpful. They can teach you all sorts of hair styles using their accessories.

Thanks for the info!

~Tik