PDA

View Full Version : How to cut your own fringe?? help

templeofvenus
June 28th, 2009, 09:43 AM
I have a blunt fringe just above the eybrow and it needs a trim every two weeks, I like the autnomy of doing my own hair to be honest but wondered how to make sure its straight! does anyone cut their own very straight blunt fringe? and how?

redneckprincess
June 28th, 2009, 10:01 AM
I do but I let it go 4 weeks or longer. I just comb straight and cut just at the top of my eyebrow straight across thats it...and i was thinking its about time to do it again...thanks for reminding me, lol

may1em
June 28th, 2009, 11:24 AM
There's also the twist and snip method.
You bring the bangs together, twist in the center of your forehead, and take a small amount off while in twisted form. This helps it look a little less straight, but still even.

templeofvenus
June 28th, 2009, 11:55 AM
I do but I let it go 4 weeks or longer. I just comb straight and cut just at the top of my eyebrow straight across thats it...and i was thinking its about time to do it again...thanks for reminding me, lol

wow on your sig pic your hair is just like mine! only mine is black you are a hair twin! :) I am always scared my fringe doesn't look straight but maybe thats just me lacking confidence in my ability to cut straight with a steady hand :)

Nyghtingale
June 28th, 2009, 11:57 AM
You bring the bangs together, twist in the center of your forehead, and take a small amount off while in twisted form. This helps it look a little less straight, but still even.

That's the way I used to do mine.

concrescence
June 28th, 2009, 02:27 PM
I do the gather, twist, and snip method too. Except, since my bangs are sideswept, I don't twist in the middle, but to the side opposite the way that I normally wear my bangs.

redneckprincess
June 28th, 2009, 06:19 PM
I will have to try that one I sometimes bunch them together but never thought about twisting them...

ooooh yey I never found a hair twin with same length and all...

Celebrian
June 28th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Whatever you do, don't cut it whilst it's wet. Hair looks longer then, and you may find that you've 'overcut' when the fringe/bangs are dry!

But I guess you knew that already. :D

Elainehali
June 29th, 2009, 12:03 AM
I've always cut mine with my scisors held vertically. That way takes longer, but it's really hard to get the bangs crooked.

There was a video on youtube that I learned how to do it from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdpSo6djs4w

This is helpful

Heavenly Locks
June 29th, 2009, 05:27 AM
I cut my own and I just comb them down straight, grip them with my first and second finger of my left hand (like scissors) and snip carefully across. I do left section, right section and then I comb again and do the whole thing to make sure I didn't miss any hairs. :)

A tip is to slightly angle the sides up because the curve of your hairline will make your bangs hang longer on the sides. I like mine to hang very straight across.