PDA

View Full Version : Hair nightmares! ::eek::

zen_oven
June 28th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Do any of you ever have bad dreams involving your hair? I have this awful dream every once in a while that I find huge bald patches on my head. Ugh, it's horrible. I wake up and immediately feel my head all over to make sure it's all there! ::shudder::

swanns
June 28th, 2009, 09:10 AM
I can't remember any details, but I remember I've had nightmares about having my hair (sometimes forcibly) cut. Not nice!

demitasse
June 28th, 2009, 10:17 AM
I've had dreams about my teeth falling out but never my hair. :)

GoddesJourney
June 28th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I heard that dreams about teeth and hair falling out is supposed to have some connection to a feeling that you're not in control of your waking life.

C_Bookworm
June 28th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I always dream that I am brushing my hair and its suddenly waist length or hip length. Makes waking up disappointing

Nyghtingale
June 28th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Mine usually envolves being cut.

nowxisxforever
June 28th, 2009, 11:43 AM
I have them all the time. I had a kind of a hair nightmare or something!? last night even... I was putting my hair up (yes, in my dream) and I noticed that the bottom half of my hair was white, and it LOOKED like there was no color at all, but I scritched it and it was covered in something... kinda like scritching off dandruff. It was kinda gross, esp since I didn't feel it until I scritched at it on an off-chance that's what it was.

I also have OMGZ SOMEONE CUT MY HAIR OFF dreams semi-frequently, or balding, or it coming out by the handfuls.

Ryanne
June 28th, 2009, 11:52 AM
I usually don't remember my dreams. At all. Though in one of them my hair just fell out.

zen_oven
June 28th, 2009, 12:52 PM
I heard that dreams about teeth and hair falling out is supposed to have some connection to a feeling that you're not in control of your waking life.

I've heard that about teeth but not about hair. Interesting. I don't feel terribly out of control of my life, so I'm wondering if I'm having sympathy for my hubby, who is balding. Though it doesn't seem to bother him at all! :shrug:

neon-dream
June 28th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Well according to Freud, dreams about teeth falling out represents castration anxiety which wouldn't fit for most of the posters here hah!
But no, I don't ever dream about my hair, which I'm glad about haha!

lora410
June 28th, 2009, 01:14 PM
I just one the other night, where I cut my hair into a spiky do; and my henna didn't release it's dye..LOL

Longlocks3
June 28th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Just a couple of nights ago I dreamt I had bald patches, shaggy hair and even some sort of disgusting ***** boil on the top of my head. I dreamt I was a total mess!

ChrissieM
June 28th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Once a month or so, I have dreams of getting a haircut that's shoulder length or shorter, and I always freak out (both in the dream, and when I wake up, feeling my hair to make sure it's all there). These dreams are a factor in my decision to grow very long, once and for all.

natt i nord
June 28th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I used to have hair nightmares once in a while, but since I decided to stop taking hair care so serious they disappeared.
I think if you begin having nightmares about your hair cut etc. you should calm down and take a break with your hair caring. Dreams usually tell you about your subconscious. And if you dream about your hair in negative ways it might be a try to tell you that hair caring is too important for you.
So if you have such dreams often you should calm down, put your hair up and ignore it for a while :)

Leisje
June 28th, 2009, 02:40 PM
A few nights ago I had a dream that I went bald. The top of my hair fell out in one piece like pulling off an old man's toupee. Ahh! :bigeyes:
Needless to say it was terrifying.

desertgirl
June 28th, 2009, 02:48 PM
I second taking a hair care break. I think enough people here would agree that benign neglect isn't such a bad thing....

jera
June 28th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I can't remember any details, but I remember I've had nightmares about having my hair (sometimes forcibly) cut. Not nice!

Me too. :( My hairmares always involve forced short cuts or shaving bald. It's heart attack city. I hate it. Did you have your hair forcibly cut off as a child? I did. I think that's where it stems from. It's an evil thing to do to a kid. :demon:

swanns
June 28th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I used to have hair nightmares once in a while, but since I decided to stop taking hair care so serious they disappeared.
I think if you begin having nightmares about your hair cut etc. you should calm down and take a break with your hair caring. Dreams usually tell you about your subconscious. And if you dream about your hair in negative ways it might be a try to tell you that hair caring is too important for you.
So if you have such dreams often you should calm down, put your hair up and ignore it for a while :)

I wouldn't say caring is too important to me - my length is ;)

ETA: jera, first of all, I'm so sorry you have had your hair forcibly cut in real life, that's just absolutely awful! I'm lucky that has never happened to me - my parents did pay me to have my hair cut short once though, I've always been discouraged to have long hair (although Mum likes it now that I wear it up, she claims the only reason she didn't like it was she couldn't see my face, ha). I think it's just that I've pretty much always wanted to have long hair but have failed to grow it so many times. Would be such a blow if I had to cut it.

Nevermore
June 28th, 2009, 03:10 PM
I had one just last night, that I had a mullet and didn't know it. Totally weird and I kept thinking "how did I not realize that it looked so awful?!"

Quixii
June 28th, 2009, 03:13 PM
I feel like I have at some point, but the only one that comes to mind is I woke up and it was cut in a kinda cute bob-like thing, dyed purple and green. It wasn't exactly a nightmare, but I was definitely glad all my hair was still there when I woke up.

marzipanthecat
June 28th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I sometimes get bad stress-filled dreams where all my hair falls out. It's usually my teeth falling out though.

I did lose one tooth a couple of years back when I broke it - I ended up having to have it crowned, and that actually seemed to stop most of the bad dreams! Obviously it was some deep fear of losing teeth or going bald. And once it happened for real, my sub concious decided it wasn't so terrible after all...

Most of my bad dreams involve the London Underground. I obviously have some dreadful fear of it, deep down. I honestly don't in everyday life, I used to use it every day! My bad dreams involve VAST gaps between the platform and the train. Or the train is too small for the tons of people trying to get on it (well, that is a real problem in real life!).

viking_quest
June 28th, 2009, 05:52 PM
I had a hair nightmare where my hair was cut into the popular helmet hairstyle, but it wasn't so much of a nightmare because it looked really good on me.

Carrie Ingalls
June 28th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Once I dreamed that I woke up and walked out to a living room in the house to find my mom talking to one of her friends and on the table next to my mom was a book with at least two feet of hair in it as a bookmark! I reached my hand behind me to grab/feel my hair and it was about classic length. I was just in utter shock, and my mom was unphased and casual: "yeah, I cut your hair while you were sleeping" I was too shocked to be freaked out.

It's funny because my mom is the only one I let trim my hair and she helped take care of it for so many years and didn't cut it!

Dementia1013
June 28th, 2009, 07:51 PM
I actually had a nightmare after reading some urban myth on here about hair and carnivals. In my dream I was on the Zipper and flipping my cart like I love doing when the hairstick holding my bun slides out and my hair flops out. Some tresses slip through the grate in the car as I'm spinning and get caught around the supporting bar and as my cart falls back into place my hair and part of my scalp gets ripped off!

Handsome woke me up because I was pouring sweat and crying/whimpering. I woke up and told him what happened. I was so freaked out. that's the only real bad hair dream though...

OH! I did have a dream I permed my hair. and looked like a poodle, but that's about it. lol.

Flotsum
June 28th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I have dreamed about teeth falling out and about hair falling out. The last hair dream I had though was me with waist length healthy hair.

lora410
June 28th, 2009, 08:10 PM
You all may find this interesting
Hair
To see hair in your dream, signifies sexual virility, seduction, sensuality, vanity, and health. It is indicative of your attitudes. If your hair is knotted or tangled, then it is symbolic of uncertainty and confusion in your life. You may be unable to think straight. If the wind is blowing through your hair, then it signifies freedom to express uninhibited feelings. You are "letting your hair down".

To dream that you are cutting your hair, suggests that you are experiencing a loss in strength. You may feel that someone is trying to censor you. Alternatively, you may be reshaping your thinking or ambitions and eliminating unwanted thoughts/habits.

To dream that you are combing or styling your hair, suggests that you are taking on and evaluating a new idea, concept, outlook, or way of thinking. You may be putting your thoughts in order and getting your facts straight. A more literal interpretation suggests your concerns about your self-image and appearance.

To dream that someone is smelling your hair, indicates sexual curiosity and your need for some sensual stimulation.� You have a lot to learn about a relationship. The way yours or someone else's hair smell may remind your of a particular person. If you are reaching for someone else's hair, then it suggests that you are trying to connect with that person on a spiritual or intellectual level. It also refers to sympathy, protectiveness, and fraternal love. *View Dream Bank: "Washing Hair"

Losing Your Hair
To dream that you are losing your hair, denotes that you are concerned with the notion that you are getting older and losing your sex appeal/virility. You are preoccupied with aging and your appearance. Losing you hair also signify a lack of strength and that you do not possess the power to succeed in an undertaking. You may be feeling weak and vulnerable.

Dementia1013
June 28th, 2009, 08:15 PM
You all may find this interesting
Hair
To see hair in your dream, signifies sexual virility, seduction, sensuality, vanity, and health. It is indicative of your attitudes. If your hair is knotted or tangled, then it is symbolic of uncertainty and confusion in your life. You may be unable to think straight. If the wind is blowing through your hair, then it signifies freedom to express uninhibited feelings. You are "letting your hair down".

To dream that you are cutting your hair, suggests that you are experiencing a loss in strength. You may feel that someone is trying to censor you. Alternatively, you may be reshaping your thinking or ambitions and eliminating unwanted thoughts/habits.

To dream that you are combing or styling your hair, suggests that you are taking on and evaluating a new idea, concept, outlook, or way of thinking. You may be putting your thoughts in order and getting your facts straight. A more literal interpretation suggests your concerns about your self-image and appearance.

To dream that someone is smelling your hair, indicates sexual curiosity and your need for some sensual stimulation.� You have a lot to learn about a relationship. The way yours or someone else's hair smell may remind your of a particular person. If you are reaching for someone else's hair, then it suggests that you are trying to connect with that person on a spiritual or intellectual level. It also refers to sympathy, protectiveness, and fraternal love. *View Dream Bank: "Washing Hair"

Losing Your Hair
To dream that you are losing your hair, denotes that you are concerned with the notion that you are getting older and losing your sex appeal/virility. You are preoccupied with aging and your appearance. Losing you hair also signify a lack of strength and that you do not possess the power to succeed in an undertaking. You may be feeling weak and vulnerable.

That makes sense to me. I have back problems and was down for a while just eating in bed and playing games. I've put on some weight to say the least. Handsome says that I look fine, but I am really feeling insecure and unnatractive. :( I'm sure that's where mine came from, perhaps the urban legend just gave me a setting...

Blue Willow
June 28th, 2009, 08:35 PM
I do have different worries about my hair during my waking hours, but funny I've never dreamed anything related to my hair that I can remember, certainly nothing traumatic altho bad dreams do seem to be the norm these days ;(

noelgirl
June 28th, 2009, 08:48 PM
I sometimes have hair dreams, and in the past have had ones where I would cut it thinking it could be reattached, but I haven't had any of those lately. I did have one recently where I dodged the draft, largely because I didn't want to have to cut my hair. I ended up moving to Canada!

Alia
June 28th, 2009, 11:02 PM
I don't usually dream about hair, but recall an awful nightmare: PERM! Nooooo! :hatchet:

Lexibeth
June 30th, 2009, 12:11 AM
My dream was the exact opposite. A few weeks ago I had a dream where my hair was so long that it trailed about 6 inches on the floor. I seemed to have flowers growing out of it. I woke up thinking, "the flowers would be awesome" . Other than that, I don't seem to dream about my hair all that much.

NickalNack
June 30th, 2009, 09:22 AM
I've had two nightmares.

Once I dreamt that I relaxed my hair again.

The second was that I buzzed all my hair off and I had to start all over again, which would make my seven months of getting my hair just past five inches completely wasted.

82exoticbeauty
July 24th, 2009, 09:18 PM
I had a dream about that the hair dresser tried to trim my hair a little, but gave that big fat grin and cut it all off to shoulder length hair! YIKES!!!:bigeyes: and the dream almost felt real that she was actually laughing and the other people too! But when I woke up, I was like trying to feel my hair by touching it, then I was relieved:grin::cloud9: that it was just a dream!

I do not want to cut my hair, if I got it really long like tailbone or classic and walking pass or walking inside a hairdresser with my boyfriend or parents, the hairdressers with shorter hair than me might make them feel like cutting mine. NO WAY!!!shudder::shake:

alligatorbaby23
July 24th, 2009, 09:22 PM
I dreamed 2 nights ago that I lost 1/4 of my ponytail for no reason, it just fell out of my scalp. Terror. I woke up feeling my scalp in the imaginary area, then monitored my shedding for the past two days. It's okay really folks, just my imagination.

-monica

ericthegreat
July 24th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I've had several nightmares about having my hair chopped off against my will. These dreams are very vivid, I can actually "remember" feeling my newly shorn head and being totally mortified in disbelief. I reason that when I go to sleep and dream, my consciousness travels to other parallel dimensions and I must have traveled to an unfortunate world where I had my hair forcibly chopped off. Maybe this is done so that I learn to appreciate what I have in this world. All I know is that when I wake up and see my messy, bedhead locks all around my face I go "Whew!"

Dez
July 24th, 2009, 11:08 PM
I posted recently about a dream i had where when wet my hair was about hip length and i could feel it brushing my hips. I loved it, but when my hair would dry it would shrink up to my shoulders and i kept going around asking people if they thought that if i put alot of product in my hair would it stay long and noone knew. noone was from LHC and so they didn't know anything. LOL

I've had dreams about my teeth falling out but never my hair

The other day my aunts boyfriend showed my boys his missing teeth and told them to make sure they brush them or that's what will happen. They have been going through a faze where they don't want to brush their teeth lately. My 5 year old woke up saying he had a bad dream where a lady pulled out his teeth and put them on a plate :o

zombi
July 25th, 2009, 01:26 AM
I dream my hair is falling out ALL THE TIME. (I also dream my teeth fall out, I hear these mean something?)

I also dream it gets magically shorter and a horrible colour as I walk by a mirror, it's awful.

longhairedfairy
July 25th, 2009, 02:28 AM
After I started the miconazole nitrate stuff I dreamed that my hair started to look like it was thinning instead of growing and I could see more of my scalp.:lol:

Wicked Princess
July 25th, 2009, 04:13 AM
I have never had a hair nightmare, but I have had a dream where I had really long, silky hair down to my calves. Everyone was complimenting me, and admiring it.

Alas, if only that was real life!

AJoifulNoise
July 25th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Part of my dream the night before was a hair nightmare. I stumbled into this church service. And everyone started cutting a lock of their hair and putting in wine that we were all to drink from. I refused to cut my hair. But, people kept coming up behind me and grabbing my bun! When I'd fight them off they'd look at me all angry. Finally this one boy pushed me too far and I beat him up.

Ah, and alas, that was not the worst part of the dream...

shadowclaw
July 25th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I had my first hair nightmare last week. It was a few days after I did my first henna gloss and I dreamt that the henna made my hair fall out. Only instead of it all just falling out, only the hair on the top came out, and in big clumps. The hair on the sides of my head remained in tact. It was a very disturbing dream!

Maddy25
July 25th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I had a hair dream the other night and my boyfriend thought I was crazy!

I was just sitting in a chair brushing long wavy thick dark locks of hair and they curled so perfectly and everyone around me was saying how beautiful it was and asking if it was all natural. I woke up so sad because I have short blonde straight hair -_-

WritingPrincess
July 25th, 2009, 10:01 AM
I've had a few. One where someone was jealous of my hair and was chasing me with scissors, threatening to chop off my braid, and another where I went to Africa and shaved my head because I was so hot. Oddly enough, I thought it was wonderful (in the dream), but my family freaked out. I didn't get upset about it until I was half-awake and then I thought, "Oh no, did I really shave my head?" <feels hair> "Good, it's all there." <pants>.