PDA

View Full Version : Hair Boredom

Audrarian
June 28th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Do you ever get bored with being known for your hair whether it be those admiring it in the grocery store or those that tell you that it is too much and to let them cut it. Mine was waist length from age seventeen to twenty-four, and then I cut to BSL, and then had my mom sneak and cut to a little past my shoulders. I hoped to settle into being noticed for some other feature than long hair, but now I'm just growing it back out again knowing that it will be my same old look, but I feel uncovered without being able to drape it around me.
Anybody else struggle with wishing you didn't require long hair to feel like yourself and being bored with the whole hair thing?

jera
June 28th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Do you ever get bored with being known for your hair whether it be those admiring it in the grocery store or those that tell you that it is too much and to let them cut it. Mine was waist length from age seventeen to twenty-four, and then I cut to BSL, and then had my mom sneak and cut to a little past my shoulders. I hoped to settle into being noticed for some other feature than long hair, but now I'm just growing it back out again knowing that it will be my same old look, but I feel uncovered without being able to drape it around me.
Anybody else struggle with wishing you didn't require long hair to feel like yourself and being bored with the whole hair thing?

Nope ! I never get tired of my long hair. I had to fight with my family to have it because my mom would punish me by chopping my hair short. :( I've had long hair since I was 13 and could stand up for myself and fight back.

When my hair was at its longest, hip length, I loved it when photographers would stop me in the street and ask if they could take a pic of my hair. It was flattering. :) I love if when my BF combs my hair in long sinuous strokes. It's so relaxing. So to answer your question ... I never get tired of my long hair - no way.

:cheese:

Cindi Eponabri
June 28th, 2009, 12:58 AM
I made a list of all of the different ways to wear my hair (thanks to this forum) and I'm up to 276 ideas so far. That keeps me from getting bored.

Natalia
June 28th, 2009, 02:18 AM
I dont really get bored with my hair but i do get bored being reffered to as that girl with the long hair (positive or negative :rolleyes: ). My hair isnt even waist so its not long to me and while sometimes its nice to have people think its long its more anoying than anything else becasue eventually they find out i want it longer and then they think im a weirdo. I am also not the most "traditional" person i am pretty out there in general so if i have to chose between the "girl with the long hair" and "the freak over there" i will usually take the long hair comment :p.

I get sick of people telling me to cut it though or perm it, straighten it, bleach it, ect... After this many years i just dont tolerate it anymore. If they dont give it up after i tell them i like my hair and i will like it even better longer then they get the full extend of my pent up wrath :devil: lol

Other than my hair the only thing i really get noticed for is my weight again postive or negative..sigh

Natalia

Igor
June 28th, 2009, 02:56 AM
I made a list of all of the different ways to wear my hair (thanks to this forum) and I'm up to 276 ideas so far. That keeps me from getting bored.

:applause Amazing!

Aditi
June 28th, 2009, 03:59 AM
I think i will love it if i will be identified with my hair afterall hair is the crowning glory of a Woman.

neon-dream
June 28th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Well I'm recognised for 3 features - two being my hair. Both the length and the colour are how people recognise me and my height.
So I suppose I will always be known as 'that tall ginger lass with loads of hair' haha
It won't get boring, I think it's amusing!

Audrarian
June 28th, 2009, 10:35 AM
This site has set me on a new adventure this time around growing my hair long again. Now that I have learned about oiling and avoiding the wind blown look, I think I'll have a new relationship with my hair and image as a long haired girl. When people compliment my hair, I will accept proudly knowing that I did more than just let it grow, but that I have nurtured it.

Torrin Paige
June 28th, 2009, 10:46 AM
neon-dream and I are in the same boat. I'm also a really tall gal with long hair. Being 6 feet tall, I was always that tall blonde girl...now I'm that tall blonde with the really long hair. ;) I'm never bored with it nowadays because I know a ton of things to do with it. I love it!

Carolyn
June 28th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Nope. Never. I know I am sometimes identified by my hair. It's an unusual length for where I live. So I think it's just natural for someone to describe me as someone with long hair. I like it. At school I'm known as the sub who knits. I like that too. Being known for having long hair is a much better thing to me than being known for my short hair.

C_Bookworm
June 28th, 2009, 10:57 AM

:joy: What a good idea!

nowxisxforever
June 28th, 2009, 11:45 AM
I don't get bored of it because of being known for it-- I'm known for several other things, but not my hair. Waist+ length hair isn't incredibly uncommon in my area. I get tired of focusing on it periodically and will go into a "benign neglect" phase for a few months until I come back to it and go OMGZ LOOK HOW MUCH IT GREW!! and get all excited again :] (Lol, probably why my postcount is so low...)

swanns
June 28th, 2009, 12:09 PM
I used to be known for my huge hair (used to be more horizontal than vertical back when it was above BSL :D), now I think I'm more known for my buns and braids as I very rarely wear it down anymore. I will never get bored of that, I'm proud of my hair and if I get credit for it it's deserved, lol.

I do get a tad bored of my hair just in general at times though. It's not in the best condition and well, I'm the kind of person to grow bored of things pretty quickly. But I know I'd be extremely unhappy with my hair any shorter than it is and that I'd regret my decicion the minute I heard the scissors, so, it's long hair for me.

wackyredtangles
June 28th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Nope. Never. I know I am sometimes identified by my hair. It's an unusual length for where I live. So I think it's just natural for someone to describe me as someone with long hair. I like it. At school I'm known as the sub who knits. I like that too. Being known for having long hair is a much better thing to me than being known for my short hair.

That's so funny. I had a job once where I had lots of down time. I used to record all my lectures, put them on my ipod, and listen to them while I crocheted. I was the girl who crocheted. =)

I have gotten bored with my hair in the past. I used to just cut it, and for awhile I wanted to drastically change the color. Now that's its nearly waist I can do most of the updos here, and I love that. Keeps things very interesting. Since I wear it up nearly all the time when I'm out I'm not really known as the girl with the long hair.

fishwich
June 28th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Being known for the hair is actually part of the reason I initially started growing it out. At the time, it was a form of self-marketing for job interviews: that apart from my (excellent) credentials, those credentials would be easier to remember as an actual person because that person had a memorable trait.

It worked, actually.

I don't need it for that purpose anymore, but it's still kind of handy that anybody in the company, even if they don't know my name, can refer to "the girl with the long hair" as the one to see about such-and-such a project and it's all good.

klcqtee
June 28th, 2009, 02:43 PM
I do tend to get bored of my hair (not so much being known as the girl with long hair). This generally leads to a period of epic hair damage involving mostly dyes. Ironically, I'm terrified of letting heat products near my hair, but don't bat an eyelash at dousing my head in chemical dyes. Anyway, this continues for a few months, then I notice the damage, and get all excited about cutting my hair short. Then a few months later, I want m hair back and start to grow it out again.

Ah, the cycle has begun again!

JamieLeigh
June 29th, 2009, 08:52 AM
I've had long hair all of my life. And it does get a little old being described as "the one with all the hair". But I'll take it over the many other negative things appearance-wise I COULD be known for. ;)