PDA

View Full Version : Wetting your hair everyday cause hair growth?

babydollringlet
June 27th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Washing, wetting, or cowash your hair everyday cause hair growth?
Hmmm...?

Roseate
June 27th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Says who?

If it works for you, go for it! My hair likes a little longer between baths.

RancheroTheBee
June 27th, 2009, 10:10 PM
I wash everyday, but that's only because I do a lot of manual labor and I have good circulation so I get hot really easily and sweat too much. -_-;

Debra83
June 27th, 2009, 10:13 PM
I wondered about that, because sweating would clean out your pores, right? Even on your head? And washing it with warm water kinda mimics that, and the heat would loosen anything that's not supposed to be there, right? Wouldn't that work?

I don't know, I'm not a hairdresser, and I don't play one on t.v. either!!!

RavennaNight
June 27th, 2009, 11:29 PM
It would be great if hair was like grass, wouldn't it? :lol:

Bene
June 27th, 2009, 11:38 PM
i can't see any reason why it should. i wish it did though. with all the rain we've been getting, my hair should have sprouted like 3 inches in the last 2 weeks :bigeyes:

longhairedfairy
June 28th, 2009, 12:39 AM
It would be great if hair was like grass, wouldn't it? :lol:
Well, we put all kinds of things on our heads anyway, so why not fertilizer?:p Makes me think of a Bugs Bunny cartoon, The Rabbit of Seville, I think it was.

Moonstruck
June 28th, 2009, 12:46 AM
There's only one reason that seems like this might make sense - the presence of water should really have little/no effect of hair growth.

However, stimulation of the scalp definitely does. I bet a nice scalp massage each night would have similar results to washing your hair daily, probably even more.

Aditi
June 28th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Where did you heard something like that?? I don't think it will contribute in hair growth.

jojo
June 28th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Hair growth is more about how healthy our bodies are regarding correct nutrients, sleep and exercise. I cannot see how 'watering' our heads daily would make hair grow quicker, in fact i would think constantly wetting it would cause it to break more as hair is more fragile when wet.

Oils on hair and using products with out harsh chemicals prevent breakage, so it makes hair appear to grow quicker, as they allow hair to reach its maximum protential.

However, if you up your intake of water, you will see a difference.

blondecat
June 28th, 2009, 06:27 AM
I don't know.............

Ice cold water may be stimulating

luciole
June 28th, 2009, 07:12 AM
I don't know about hair but when my hands are alot in water, my nails grow faster. Someone else notice this?

Javadandy
June 28th, 2009, 10:52 AM
I can only speak for myself. In the summer when I swim and sweat, I wash nearly daily. For me - my hair grows much better, faster when it's soaked. I don't want to wash daily, and if I go to the pool often there is an offset of my ends drying out. So I am oiling my ends with Camilla oil and trying to shampoo ends sparingly, condition liberally. My husbands hair grows like a weed. He swears that his hair grows much faster when wet, and I should be keeping wet hair often for maximum growth.

My nails also grow faster when wet. If I have an event coming up, a combination of rubbing cuticle cream and soaking my hands a lot and I can have my nails grow super fast.

I guess if it works for you - than go for it, but watch your ends - they can end up suffering in the end.

Good luck!

Marian

Unofficial_Rose
June 28th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Not sure why this would be the case, other than the scalp massage, as Moonstruck said.

But I have my suspicions. A while ago when I was growing my hair I washed it daily and it seemed to grow much faster than now, when I wash it 2 or 3 times a week. I didn't measure though, so I can't prove it. Actually, it seemed to grow faster when I was in my pre-LHC routine of washing every other day. But I am much too lazy to go back to that. :p

jera
June 28th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Whether I wash or not, I pour homemade rosemary water rinse over my hair. I think it helps. I never heard that daily washing helps hair grow though, unless your scalp is very oily and needs it. :D

krissykins
June 28th, 2009, 03:58 PM
This is an interesting theory... Maybe I will try CO washing more often and see if it has any effect.

Ash
June 28th, 2009, 04:17 PM
My hair appears to grow faster if I wash daily but this is because it sheds more and breaks off if I go longer between washings.

It doesn't work for my nails though. I constantly have my hands in water at work and my nails like to break once they get to a certain length, but when I go on vacation, they can grow longer than usual since I keep my hands drier.

redneckprincess
June 28th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I dont think so but i do wash my hair almost every day not always though

Moonstruck
June 29th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Unofficial Rose & Javadandy... is it possible that you washed your hair more regularly because it was hotter out? As in, the seasonal differences between winter and summer for growth are probably significant. I'd imagine as the summer gets going and your metabolism goes up, so would growth of just about everything, nails, skin, hair, etc. My wounds heal mildly faster in the summer, for instance.
The excess moisture may also be beneficial to healthy nails and hair. And perhaps because it wasn't being measured, it just seemed as if it were faster? I'm not sure.