PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!!! We have the same hair!!

donna'sdaughter
June 27th, 2009, 03:35 PM
For so many years, I wasted hours upon hours in my bathroom, hunched over the sink trying to tame my wild mane. I 'v tried pressing combs, perms and have even burned my hair to within an inch of its life with cheap flat irons. Then one day, I spotted this little vixen on MTV's Sweet 16 and realized that she was was my hair twin.We literally had teh smae poofy curls! The only differenvce between me and her is that she was confident about her HUGE hair which made it look fab. It was then that I decided to put my hair frying tools away and took the time to research proper hair care (yay for lhc)! So here's a much deserved thank you top Teyana Taylor for rescuing my hair. Isn't she fab?! http://www.apa.ning.com/t.../tt.jpg will add photos of my own mane next week after wash!:D

brok3nwings
June 27th, 2009, 04:39 PM
im so glad you accepted and started loving your hair!

akevita2002
June 27th, 2009, 05:24 PM
It's good to find out that crappy MTV shows have some benefit :D (no offense for ones who like those types of tv shows, that is just my humble opinion)
I'm happy you stopped tormenting your hair :) I can't wait to see pics, I love curly hair!

psvzum
June 27th, 2009, 09:02 PM
I can relate to what you're saying on so many levels: ) I embraced my curls over ten years ago when I started growing my hair out of a "boys cut". I promised myself I would not wear my hair long if I felt the need to straighten it. It took a bit to find the right cut and product mix to tame the curls.

I can feel your exuberance shouting out from your post. Congrats!!!

JamieLeigh
June 29th, 2009, 09:06 AM
I totally hear you!! I've only been embracing my wavies and curlie-q's for less than a year, after so long of struggling against the grain to make it straight. I'm so much happier with my hair now than I've ever been, now that I appreciate it for what it is, not what I want to make it become. :)

I'm also ready for some photos!! :pinktongue: