PDA

View Full Version : Problem hair

hennaphile
June 27th, 2009, 02:15 AM
I just hennad, and I've been shedding tons, and the long ones are falling out which they almost never do...

I know it's normal to shed after henna, but it's been a few days. I also oiled, and after three days of conditioning, it wont budge. Meh. My hair looks and feels like crap, and I can hear that horrible sound of hair snagging on my wood comb, which only a week before would glide through it.

*rant over*

I'm wondering if I should cassia again, because it's being a serious pain.

Aditi
June 27th, 2009, 03:12 AM
Did you applied henna for the first time or you have done that before? Maybe henna did not suited you that's why the shedding and such is going on. I am no expert but lets wait and see what the rest of the members have to say.

hennaphile
June 27th, 2009, 04:25 AM
Thanks Aditi. I've henna'd for years, and this time I let a friend do it on me, and I didn't show her how to do it properly, so there was lots of tangles, pulling, and digging out henna covered clips. I'm hoping the shedding long hairs are from this, and not because they are falling naturally. I think next time I'll just do it myself, and give a henna application tutorial ;)

Update: I just cornstarched my hair, and it feels 90% less tangly, and pretty :D The oil (avocado lately) is not playing nice, it makes it more tangled and generally grumpy. The only thing I'm really doing differently is using a sulphur serum, and when I use that it takes days to fully wash out, and I'm wondering if it's affecting my hair. :flower:

Aditi
June 27th, 2009, 04:35 AM
Henna if applied not properly can give bad result, i speak from my mother's experience as she too had the same thing when she first applied henna without much knowledge. But i am glad that everything is fine with you now.