PDA

View Full Version : ponytail

saman
April 10th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Do you like low ponytail or high ponytail?
which one do you wear more?

eadwine
April 10th, 2008, 01:18 PM
None of the above. Ponytails equal rubbing of ends, equals possible damage to me :)

Jason
April 10th, 2008, 01:30 PM
I prefer braids and wear them 95% of the time when I go out. On the rare occasion I do wear a ponytail, I like to wear it low.

ladystar
April 10th, 2008, 01:32 PM
High ponytail, it looks better. But it hurts my head more when up all day.

SHELIAANN1969
April 10th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Mine starts high, and ends low!!! My hair is heavy and it always falls out of the ponytail.

LifeisAdventure
April 10th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I like high ponytails, on the rare occasion that I wear them. Low ponytails always make my hair rub on my clothes in weird ways, and just plain don't look as nice on me!

mommy2one05
April 10th, 2008, 01:38 PM
I prefer a low pony cause with my hair being thick it is difficult to get in a high and it falls out. I dont like the idea of a pony alot due to possible damage but its better than baby pulling hunks of my hair.

Meli
April 10th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I did wear a low ponytail for many years. However, I had a chunk of broken hairs that ended just above the elastic, in a very suspicious-looking way... And when I found LHC about three months ago I quit wearing ponytails to see if the chunk was damage from the elastic. Apparently it was. (No - I did not use elastics with metal parts - only hairfriendly ones.) It has now grown enough to fit in my braid, so now I have a chunk of hair poking out of my braid a couple of weaves down instead. Oh well... If I wear ponytails in the future it will be very occasional.

zift
April 10th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Ponytails are my favourite styles but unfortunately I cannot wear them often because of the weight of my hair and the tangles from rubbing on clothes. I've never achieved to wear a high ponytail in my life because my hair has always been thick and long so no option for preference other than a low ponytail for me:)

WritingPrincess
April 10th, 2008, 04:27 PM
I like high ponytails, but when they're tight enough to stay in, they give me a headache. Low ponytails become a huge mess that I have to detangle. I wear them sometimes, like if my hair is down and I need to wash the dishes, for example. Mostly I just stay away from ponytails and wear braids instead.

Shanarana
April 10th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I like high ponytails, and have a tool that looks more like a comb that tucks under the band from the top to give a puffy ponytail. Sometimes I'll wear them low, but not to often.

jojo
April 10th, 2008, 04:52 PM
im sort of inbetween ear level, though i change it every 3 seonds, im such a fussy cow!

Sidani
April 10th, 2008, 05:05 PM
I'm one of those in-betweeners, too. It's usually about ear level with a thickly padded scrunchie.

AJoifulNoise
April 10th, 2008, 05:06 PM
I rarely wear pony tails. Having one of those rare days today. I tend to wear them low. If I put them up high they generally slide down and wind up low anyway.

Jeni
April 10th, 2008, 05:12 PM
If I wear them they are usually about ear level. I don't wear pony tails much anymore, but when my hair was shorter it was the only way I could get it up. I will sometimes do the 1/2 pulled through pony tail, if I am feeling extremely lazy (don't want to put it in a bun), or if I need to get it up quick.

Jeni

CitznMag
April 10th, 2008, 05:23 PM
High pony for me. With its current length, it looks like a curly poof. Too low, and it would get knotted up in my collar.

Leisha
April 10th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I prefer high ponytails, low ones don't look nice on me.

I almost never wear a high ponytail though, my hair is too heavy, it just doesn't stay up, the ponytail would sag and look weird pretty quickly. :lol:
A moderately high one might stay up better, I might try it.

Cactus Jack
April 10th, 2008, 05:30 PM
I think low ponytails are best worn when you just want to catch ones hair and keep it out of the way for informal and casual occasions. High ponytails look more dressy. My favorite style on a woman is bangs in the fringe area, than slicked backed and tied just above the occipital bone position. A small strand is wrapped around the tie to hide it. A ribbon or a bow will make a nice accessory. I am not too keen on ponytails on the top of the head in what is called the Chinese position. I think they look messy. But, taking the ponytail in that position and turning it into a bun…now thats sheik. I style ponytails...my hair is too short to wear one. :)

AshleyP
April 10th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I prefer high ponytail. But, if I wear a low ponytail, I dont pull it all the way through so I have some sort of a messy bun sort of thing going on.

Elizabeth
April 10th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Pony tails in general don’t look great on me, I think it’s because my face is long. If I do wear one it’s low.

1nuitblanche
April 10th, 2008, 06:10 PM
I like low ponytails, but I usually wear a high one and have my hair looped through a few times into a bun (is there a name for this?) because I'm growing out bangs and that hides them decently.

Xanthippe
April 10th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Do you like low ponytail or high ponytail?
which one do you wear more?

Which one do you usually wear, saman?

When I wear a ponytail, it is usually low.

karenpetal
April 10th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Before LHC happened to me I was the "ponytail guy" - but true as most folks mentioned the edges of the bands hurts ur hair - now i usually braid (mostly french) -
But when i used to wear ponytail before - it was a boring low one - I like the look of the High Ponytail

Druid of Alba
April 10th, 2008, 06:17 PM
I like low ponytails, as they look more conservative and serious, qhereas high ponytails seem a bit more "fun". Sorry, I'm just a bore :p. But my favorite style is a plain braid.

Anje
April 10th, 2008, 06:18 PM
I did wear a low ponytail for many years. However, I had a chunk of broken hairs that ended just above the elastic, in a very suspicious-looking way... And when I found LHC about three months ago I quit wearing ponytails to see if the chunk was damage from the elastic. Apparently it was. (No - I did not use elastics with metal parts - only hairfriendly ones.)
This sounds exactly like me, except my ponytails were medium-height, around ear-level. I didn't even discover the big broken chunk until one day something possessed me to do low pigtails.

Irishred
April 10th, 2008, 06:32 PM
When my hair was BSL and above I wore pony tails a lot. Low and high.

With classic length, I very rarely wear a ponytail. Usually a braid that is low.

cuddledumplin
April 10th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I rarely wear one, but I wear a low one when I do.

mommy101405
April 10th, 2008, 07:07 PM
I like both. I like a high pony tail for a fun look and a low one for a sleek elegant look. Right now I have to do high though b/c these stupid short layers around my crown arent long enough to stay in a low one without clips.

cassie_g
April 10th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Neither. High pulls on my scalp because of the weight and low equals major tangles.

WritingPrincess
April 10th, 2008, 11:59 PM
I used to call those half-pulled-through ponytails "children's buns" because they looked like a bun to me, and my four-year-old hands could do it on myself. The name stuck, and that's what we call them at my house.

ale
April 11th, 2008, 01:30 AM
I like high ponytails, and I tried sometimes; but on me they look terrible, and they slip down, as I don't like to tie it too tight.
But, talking about tennis or volleyball players, who often wear high ponytails, i can say they're quite distracting...

peachy.pudding
April 11th, 2008, 02:01 AM
i like high updos, i dont wear low ponytails etc.

Kelpie
April 11th, 2008, 02:41 AM
If I wear a ponytail it is usually a high one. If I'm being particularly lazy then I'll just pull it back into a low pony. I dpn't like to wear a low one for long though as my hair tends to get a bit matted where it rubs against my collar.

Growin' It
April 11th, 2008, 02:54 AM
Low. High hurts after a while and I could do without that.

Newniepg
April 11th, 2008, 04:35 AM
High ponytail. My hair isn't long enough to braid yet. (apart from double fish, which I am pretty rubbish at TBH.)

Patrycja
April 13th, 2008, 09:47 PM
both.A high one if I want to keep my bangs out of my eyes(they're at bottom of ear length)or a low one if I want to show off my length more.

Lizbot
April 13th, 2008, 10:07 PM
I have to be in the mood for a ponytail, and then, my mood further dictates whether or not it will be low or high.

If I am feeling saucy, I usually go for the latter. More often than not though, I go for the low. It's a tad bit more demure.

Sillage
April 13th, 2008, 10:08 PM
I love either high ponytails or very low ones. High ponytails can look fun and sprightly or severe and sexy. Normally I don't pull mine too tight so the look is softer. If I wear it sleek and slicked back I feel like I have to adjust my make up and outfit to suit it. The softer look is more natural for me. Another thing I like about high ponytails is the swinging length. Very flirtatious and it shows off my neck and nape more.

When I wear my ponytail low, I do it Princess Anne style, with fullness around my face. It looks a little old fashioned and very gentle.

rubyredslippers
April 13th, 2008, 11:29 PM
I like ponytails that go straight out the back of my head (so moderate-to-high?), or the flipped-through type that are low. I don't wear them very often, usually just when my hair dries curly but asymmetrically and I'm not in the mood for braids.:shrug:

savi
April 14th, 2008, 04:33 AM
I usually wear mine low, the same way I do with my buns etc.. I think they're casual and cute.

Les
April 14th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Low. But I don't like the "kink" it puts in my hair when I take it out.

squiggyflop
April 14th, 2008, 07:15 AM
high... i get more breakage from low ones than high because of the way the hair rubs against the clothes.... not to mention i find low ones to be really uncomfortable... i dont get any pain from high ponys but i do get pulling with low ones..

eresh
April 14th, 2008, 07:18 AM
I do a high ponytail occasionally when I go out but the weight usually will give me a headache afterwards.
When I want to get my hair out of the way a bit I do a low ponytail, but I prefer braids :-)

madisonclare
April 14th, 2008, 07:36 AM
I always wear it low. I look like a school girl with a high pony.

long-hair-fan
November 9th, 2009, 12:43 AM
High Ponytail - definately

Quixii
November 9th, 2009, 12:45 AM
I like low, tight ponytails, and they are my daily style. :)

Coriander
November 9th, 2009, 12:52 AM
LOL Low for me....

Zombie thread? :D

RancheroTheBee
November 9th, 2009, 12:57 AM
LOL Low for me....

Zombie thread? :D

Zombie threads are popular lately. :p There's like, three on the front page ATM.

jasper
November 9th, 2009, 04:38 AM
It's usually high with me. This is a pretty rare style for me now because my hair is long enough that a high ponytail is still in the way.

longhairedfairy
November 9th, 2009, 04:44 AM
If I wear a ponytail it's usually a bit low.

Aquamarine
November 9th, 2009, 05:42 AM
I like high ponytails but they give me headaches if worn too tight...so I go for low ponytails:D

Tinose
November 9th, 2009, 07:56 AM
I don't like the way I look with a pony tail because my hair's thinnish and very tangly within 5 minutes of putting it up, so it looks weird to me. On the very rare occasions I do a ponytail, I'll go with either depending on my mood.

Ryanne
November 9th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Neither. I hate how it looks on me.

LawyerGirl
November 9th, 2009, 08:23 AM
When my hair was longer, I wore a low ponytail if I wore one to work (high ponytail is too casual for work, IMO)... high ponytail was better for casual days and didn't get messed up as easily with taking jackets/scarves, etc off and on. However, I usually went for a not-high/not-low ponytail.

Right now my hair is still very short so right in the middle is the only one that can catch all my hair.

pepperminttea
November 9th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I very rarely do a ponytail on its own, but when I do it's normally middle, neither high nor low. Just far enough up that I get the pleasure of feeling it swing when I walk. Almost every other style (ie. most buns) I wear low.

Arriens
November 9th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Low ponytails for me.

High ones don't stick.

Shastrix
November 9th, 2009, 05:01 PM
I thought I'd do a little tally of the results so far:

15 - High
08 - In-between
19 - Low
04 - Neither
05 - Both

Others:
02 Starts high, ends low
01 Half-pulled-through ponytails "children's buns"

I don't like high ponytails so waited ages before my hair was long enough to do a low one - I think they look more manly. My hair is almost long enough to attempt serious braids now so I'm keen to move on to something else as ponytails tend to leave my hair matted by the end of the day. :(

Tressie
November 9th, 2009, 07:34 PM
I like high ponys better, because my nape hairs get all tangled when I wear a low one. Also, I think I need the lift of a high pony to balance my short wide body! (o:

HildeMV
November 9th, 2009, 07:42 PM
I wear them high.

hennared
November 9th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Neither. I always disliked how they looked on me, and even more so now, with my thinning hair (the pony accentuates the thinness and disguises my waves). I used to wear low ones occasionally for working out; high ones felt weird to me.

RocketDog
November 9th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Always high, never low. I liked ponytails better a few inches ago when a high pony would show off the length while still keeping my hair off my neck/back. Now my ponytail is long enough to hit my back even when it's super high, which means big tangles... so no more ponytails for awhile, until my hair is long enough for me to braid the ponytail without it looking silly!

Peter
November 9th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Low ponytail!

I can't even get a high ponytail to work. My hair is heavy enough that it just falls down.

Vijikanth
November 9th, 2009, 11:31 PM
I wear mine low, as my head shape doesn't seem to help me in medium or high ponytail. But since my hair is just shoulder length(thats what I guess), I'm not able to get all the hair into a low ponytail.

JCFantasy23
November 10th, 2009, 12:26 AM
I love ponytails, there's really a lot you can do with them and it change a look pretty fast. I like high ones myself.

JCFantasy23
November 10th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Low ponytail!

I can't even get a high ponytail to work. My hair is heavy enough that it just falls down.

I don't have heavy hair but after awhile mine keeps inching down too (sigh) I like it really high up but my hair will NEVER stay that way unless I clip it under, wish I could solve that problem.

Elvira
November 10th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Low.

I like my ponytails tight and when I do them high, they get loose really fast.

WaimeaWahine
November 10th, 2009, 01:25 AM
High usually and just for fun. Low for a more sophisticated classy look. But I've been wearing my hair down more often after noticing some serious breakage right around where the smooth elastic gathers the hair. :(

nmarie33
November 10th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I usually do medium I guess...right in the back of my head. But I think I look better with a low one anymore.

I have one of those puffy pony things too, which I use for the puffy bun only. My hair is so curly and with such wacky layers that the puffy pony looks like an animal exploded on my head. :P Maybe when it gets longer I can have a puffy pony that goes down rather than out!

Yozhik
November 10th, 2009, 11:06 AM
I only wore low ponytails for years and years until high school, when I started wearing extremely high ones (they tend to look classier and less laid-back than the low pony). Nowadays I usually wear the low when around the house/doing chores and a high one for work.
HTH :)

MAO
November 10th, 2009, 11:06 AM
I look better with a high ponytail and that's how I almost always wear it.

ArienEllariel
November 10th, 2009, 11:38 AM
In between. I don't care for how my hair looks, for the most part, in a low ponytail. :3

Rentlle
November 10th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I don't wear ponytails much, but when I wear them, it's a high one..
it justs looks better, in my opinion.. :)
but I can't stand it all day, because it gives me a headache... :(

Little_Bird
November 10th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Just like Justin, I prefer braids, and also updo's... Still, I used to wear a ponytail everyday in the early years (first two years) of growing my hair, and they were low... My hair can't stay in a high ponytail for longer than like, 3 seconds........

:p

Rosamunde
November 10th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I prefer high ponytails, but I usually wear my ficcare instead nowadays - I used to do ponytails everyday, but found my hair was breaking above the elastic! (and I was using one of those 'ouchless' elastics that's supposed to be good for your hair!)

Belisarius
November 23rd, 2009, 02:20 PM
I almost always wear a low ponytail. Sometimes loose, but I can't braid.
I have to try braiding sometime. I kinda prefer a low ponytail on men and a high one on girls if that makes any sense?

OLLIE
November 23rd, 2009, 02:28 PM
I like Not to high but not to low of a pony tail. I Like it right in the middle.

ravenreed
November 23rd, 2009, 02:29 PM
I prefer a high pony, but my hair is too heavy now, so I don't do it often. When I try a low pony, my hair always rubs at my collar and makes a huge rat's nest that I end up clipping knots out of.

crystal_89
November 23rd, 2009, 11:30 PM
It depends for me on how wavy or messy my hair is that day or if I have a headache. High ponytails look nice and cute but sometimes give me headaches. I can put my fringe back in a high ponytail but not a low ponytail. Low ponytails look nice on when I've straightened my hair and I want to wear it back, but still show my length off.

JamieLeigh
November 24th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I don't do a lot of ponytails, because with my length I still consider that a "down" hairstyle, and it gets in my way too much. But when I do, I like low ponies better. :)

spidermom
November 24th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Top-of-head ponytail almost every night for bed. As a day style, I only wear it low (picture in one of my albums) as the weight of my length pulls all ponytails to the low position.