PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe I was brave enough: asked a cool longhaired stranger to come visit LHC

mugglemomof3
June 26th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Took my kids to one of our local outdoor free concerts at the library park downtown tonight. Could not believe my eyes when the bass guitar player (about 50-years old) was a guy with super white, waist-length hair!!!!!! I took photos but didn't get the chance to ask him if I could post them, so I won't.

Anyway, during the show I got up the nerve, and when I went up to the stage after they were finished and told everyone how much we enjoyed their music, I gave the cool longhair a piece of paper with longhaircommunity.com written on it, and told him that he would be an instant celebrity here if he joined. I said that we had members of men and women from all over the world who either like long hair or are growing long hair themselves, and that his long hair really worked for him.

He didn't seem too interested, but you never know. I would just love for all of you to see his lovely mane. I've only seen such perfectly white, long hair once before and it was on a woman. He had the most perfect fairytale hemline. !!

So keep your eyes out for a new male Texas member soon (we can hope, eh?!!!)

:D

ETA: oh yeah - all three of my kids totally rolled their eyes at me while I was talking to him! Kids.

SHELIAANN1969
June 26th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Right on! I was at a festival and saw a man making turned pens, I whipped out some hairsticks and yammered on and on about etsy and ebay! ;)

He knew about hairsticks because he vends his wares at a local farmers market and some of the *older ladies* (his words) have asked him about some as well! :D

My husband was laughing behind me, but I am not shy either, way to go mugglemom!!! :flower:

bugeyedmonster2
June 27th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Yea for you! :applause

(^_^)/
BEM

RhainyC
June 27th, 2009, 02:11 AM
Yeah! I am not the only one who does that!

I also tell every customer that comes in to buy supplements for their hair about LHC. I don't know how many, if any have joined, but I do tell them and even write down the URL if they want me to. :D

Bianca
June 27th, 2009, 02:41 AM
Way to go :D

Fethenwen
June 27th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Haha :p I was so close to do that myself once, there was this woman with a braid that was almost to her knees! (she was very short though)

embee
June 27th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Well done! :) I hope he joins, it would be nice to see that hair.

tigerlily896
June 27th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Thats awesome! I always like hearing these types of stories. I'm usually pretty reserved and quiet, but every now and then I can be bold too.
I hope he joins, I would love to see his hair!

JamieLeigh
June 29th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Woo hooo!!! :D Go you! I've done that a couple of times, if there's any discussion over hair between me and strangers. Usually it's just a brief "Oh I LOVE your hair!" or "Your hair is so LONG!" in passing from either me or the strangers. (Guess which comment is me, and which is the stranger...;))