PDA

View Full Version : Just introducing myself as one of the very few English girls on here

HollowHannah
April 10th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Hello, I'm HollowHannah and I'm from England. I'm envious of you Americans as it seems there are plenty more long haired people state side. Long hair just doesn't seem in vogue here.

Well my hair is 1a. I'm talking polker straight. Which is typical because I'd kill for lovely curls. erm it's F/M and it's ii/iii depending on the time of year.

My hair is now at 34inches and I wondered if there was any advice you could give a complete beginner on really intense long hair care because up until now i've been looking after it the way a short haired person would. Thanks so much. xx

lora410
April 10th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Welcome Hannah and actually in the U.S alot of women cut, dye, and fry their hair.I honestly think this is why alot of men LOVE long hair is becuase it is rare these days. We would need to know your current hair routine to be able to help you.

HollowHannah
April 10th, 2008, 01:01 PM
oh right now I wash it most days. I shampoo then condition. I stopped using the hairfryer on my head years ago so now i braid it loosly and let it air dry. I sleep with it loose at night. I have completely virgin hair i've never dyed or permed it and i never use any styling products or heating styling tools on it.

heidihug
April 10th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Welcome, HollowHannah - sounds like you already are doing the right things with your hair! Keeping your hair unpermed and away from heat is great.

I have very straight hair also, which is now at about 46", but when I started so very many years ago it was shoulder length. I think a very important part of hair care regimen is oiling - I always oil the bottom half or so of my hair before allowing it to air dry. Olive or coconut oils are great, or any natural (non-mineral) oil is worth a try. And I highly recommend stretching out the time between washes. I started at washing every other day, and am up to washing every three days with minimal shampoo use. Some people use conditioner only on their hair - there are threads to help you if you are interested in that. These sorts of things help SO much in keeping hair healthy and shiny.

Faepirate
April 13th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Hi Hannah, welcome from another UK-er! :)

It looks to me like you already know how to care for your hair... it looks stunning if your profile picture is anything to go by! Fantastic shine. But yes there is always more to learn. :D I agree with heidihug about oiling. It has really done wonders for my ends. I oil on dry hair, though, instead of wet. People all seem to have their own little routines with oiling etc. - just got to experiment and find what works best for your hair!

Are there any particular issues you have with your hair at the moment? I would say oiling is a good place to start - can't hurt even if your hair is already really healthy - but there are specific things you can experiment with for specific problems. This board is really a wealth of information. You'll find everything you ever wanted to know about hair care AND MORE. :D

Hue
April 13th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Welcome to LHC, Hannah. :)

Lizbot
April 17th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Welcome, Hannah! Your hair looks beautiful. :D

Loviatar
April 20th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Hi Hannah! Oops I missed a fellow Manchester longhair's opening thread. Your hair is lovely, so you can't have done anything TOO bad to it! :)

Looking forward to seeing how your hair changes and grows now you are welcome to the forums.

lady G
April 21st, 2008, 09:02 AM
I am english :) hoping to become a long haired english person :D

pinkprincess
April 21st, 2008, 10:36 AM
im from norfolk, UK!
hello!

Celebrian
April 21st, 2008, 11:06 AM
Another UK member here! :D Welcome.

kate46
April 21st, 2008, 11:25 AM
And yet another Uk member, welcome to the boards :)

Beatnik Guy
April 25th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Welcome to LHC, Hannah. :cheese:

I'm so jealous of you Americans lol because theyr'e are so many more long haired peope than there are here.
I think the proportion of longhaired people is about the same, but there are more Americans than us and lots of them are here with their hair. :cool:

Melein
April 27th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Welcome, Hannah, from another English poster with 1a, 34in hair. :D

Dali
April 30th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Hi! Yet another UK (Derbyshire) member, also a new joiner :)

Rosamaria
May 2nd, 2008, 06:15 AM
Hi! Another English person signing in!

Welcome to the site Hannah! Your hair looks great. I'd say you were probably looking after it very well!